• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Stone (Recruiting)

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    well u knew that i was just saying man....wow you dont gotta say that every frigin time....sorry if im in a bad mood cause my mom had a miscareage today... anyway... lets get this rolling

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Skills: Mapping, Scripting, Inserting, Banner Making

Proof of Work (not necessary immediately): I lost all my work due to a virus that ruined my computer, and i had to do a system restore. Trust me though, I'm not a noob.

Time Zone: Eastern.

Why you want to join this team: I LOVE mythology, and i LOVE this idea. :D I really wanna be a part of this hack! I feel like i can also contribute a lot to it, since i can help out with mostly anything! I can write scripts, make maps, insert sprites, and even just make banners to promote the team and hack! I am very hardworking too, and I don't give up on hacks. I have nearly completed a hack before the virus, and in me and my friends' opinions, it was very cool. You played as a new Team Rocket member, in the normal region. You steal, kill, and sneak your way through the game. So yes, I wrote scripts for stealing and killing, including battles between two people! Haha.

A little about yourself: Well, as you can see, I type too many words...xD But i am a good person, and i enjoy life. My name is Michael, so you can call me that instead of lolwhet.

Absolutely Accepted! New members are always good, particularly enthusiastic ones! Unless inserting sprites includes tiles, I don't think anything needs your work yet but you are welcome to make a banner, just use anything I or anyone else has made so far in terms of graphics or make stuff yourself.

@Haxofreak, I did read the not-lecture, but I didn't understand all of it, I'm pretty sure I do now but I still have some sort of brain freeze when it comes to tile inserting. Sorry :( Oh and it's ok about timing, I happen to be the worlds largest procratinator.

@demondismon, I'm not entirely sure what comment you are refering to, but I'm sure no-one meant any harm, although no one can blame people for being a bit touchy in some situations, and yours definetly qualifies. Even though it wont count for much for you, I am very sorry for what has happened to you and your family.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    Sorry for being inactive for a while but if you want me to do anything just pm me :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Absolutely Accepted! New members are always good, particularly enthusiastic ones! Unless inserting sprites includes tiles, I don't think anything needs your work yet but you are welcome to make a banner, just use anything I or anyone else has made so far in terms of graphics or make stuff yourself.
    Yay! :D
    And okay, I'll make the banner this weekend!
    As for tiles, I know how to do it but I'm not really a master of it. What I meant was, inserting the custom pokemon.

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    thanks posiden for understanding.....about my moms miscarage.....but thats nothing to glom over ill serpress it like always.... but let me know when i can start to map and if you want give me an idea and ill see if i can come up with a fakemon for yea

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I am BACK. so what do i need to do?

Well before you left we were working on the tiles, and you said you would post the palletes which the gba could read so I could start recouloring, so that would be good if possible.

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Well before you left we were working on the tiles, and you said you would post the palletes which the gba could read so I could start recouloring, so that would be good if possible.
    Gba can read any colour ctually, but you must just index it so that when gba reads it it reads the inexed colour if its not indexed it comes out as the transparent colout normally black or white. but anyways yea if you need any Advice in tile inserting just arsk Lol :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Thanks to some Oh-So-Helpful help from ML, I have Oh-So-Nearly finished the tile inserting, I just have to work out a small kink with the trees over the water... So not long :D

Also, does anyone know if we have to do everything with just the one ips? That is to say, if I have the tiles inserted on one ips but no new scripting, and Haxofreak has some scripting on another file but no new tiles, is there any quick way to merge those so we have a ips/rom with scripting and tiles, without having to re-insert either one?

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
    Thanks to some Oh-So-Helpful help from ML, I have Oh-So-Nearly finished the tile inserting, I just have to work out a small kink with the trees over the water... So not long :D

Also, does anyone know if we have to do everything with just the one ips? That is to say, if I have the tiles inserted on one ips but no new scripting, and Haxofreak has some scripting on another file but no new tiles, is there any quick way to merge those so we have a ips/rom with scripting and tiles, without having to re-insert either one?

I'm guessing you already got the colors then?

Haxofreak

Casual Scripter
    Years
    @posiedon you go on with the IPS you have as the scripts are not all fnished and scripts are easier to insert than tiles...

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I'm guessing you already got the colors then?

Yep I did thanks :)

Haxofreak, thanks, I'll do that.

If I don't get the thing I was trying to do done by tonight, I'll post the ips as it is and demondismon can start with the mapping.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Hey Posidon, What do I get to map?

Well I definetly had you down for the first town, once demondismon has done the first route I can add some more tiles and then you can do that. After that, we can either decide map by map on who wants to/is availiable, or we can split it into catagories like demondismon suggested.

Sorry I didn't get the ips up last night, pokecommunity went weird on my computor, but...

DO DA DOOOOO!!!!!
    THE TILES ARE INSERTED!!!!!
    I sorted out all the problems (those default tilesets are so cleverly put together, it took me hours to find all the pieces) and we have an ips ready to map on! If you want to see how the trees fit together, I have re-done the trees around pallet town as a test/example. You can do the new route one over the old route one, but I have these specifications:

There must be grass
    There must be an entrance to the left
    There must be an entrance at the top right
    It must be quite wide.
    There must be a small river coming from the left going to middle of the top side.
    There must be room for at least two trainers.

I hope that's all clear, and doesn't limit you to much, I promise you'll both get more freedom with other maps.

Good Luck :D

P.S. IPS file is attached below

Back