• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

RBG Remake that has four unique character Rocket models as an allusion to the four admins of HGSS

To me, the Sevii Islands arc takes place two and a half years later

Once you defeat Green in a rematch, the E4 changes to the Johto version and you can then visit Johto in a reverse HG/SS

Except all there is to do is battle the Johto Gym Leaders

And who's this "Gold" guy they keep talking about...?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • That wouldn't much be a remake by that point, it'd be more half of one. I mean, I'm all for liberal remakes but...well a few things.

First off, I would hope they'd retcon the Sevii Islands. Past Gen 3 they serve little purpose and their only developmental reason for existing, apart from being a required extra, was to add Gen 3 features without touching Kanto because that'd be sacrilege or something idunno. Either integrate them into Kanto or go Platinum on their asses and give them an actual purpose.

As for Johto...I wouldn't think they could get away with that. I mean, one of the greatest and most rewarding twists in Pokemon (next to the shocking reveal that the head of Team Rocket was also the eighth gym leader...ah, man, the days of Pokemon twists) was that you had to battle...well, you. But it wasn't telegraphed in any way, they did it to surprise you, and to this day many players of GSC still remember the hauntingly cryptic words of Lance. Assuming you don't see Red go off to Mt. Silver and they somehow avoid how narrow-mindedly obsessed and heartless he's become, it could work but I don't really see the merit. I'd much rather have a much more fleshed out Kanto than a reverse GSC, it's about time the region got its dues.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Eh, would rather have new post game areas than just having opposite GSC/HGSS. Doubt they'd make time skips on that scale in a Pokémon game, too.

I would expect Mega evolution tie-ins a la Pokémon Origins and a Delta Episode-esque Mewtwo story.

Yukari

I'm really not all that picky so I'd probably be happy with just about whatever they would give us.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

I would be so down with Mewtwo (and possibly Mew) flavored postgame content, it would really play on the childhood excitement of the mysteries of the 151st Pokemon and the mysterious postgame dungeon, but without all the ambiguity. It'd be really satisfying to get some closure 20 years later.

The thought alone excites me, and not too many Pokemon games have done that recently. Then again, this is only a concept with no real basing...but damn if I don't want it to happen.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Yeah, we need more event-exclusive Pokemon to be in-game

A RBG Remake that lets us get Mew and Celebi would be amazing

Heck, the Celebi could even give you a reason to suddenly go to Johto

"Would you like to go forward/backwards three years?"

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

You really seem to have a thing for wanting to go to Johto in a RBG remake, Twi.

But I agree, especially since when events pokemon didn't come with events, they weren't canon, and when they did come with events they locked people who couldn't get them out of the events. Plus, events in general feel a bit detached, it feels a lot nicer when you buy a game and the content's already there for you to access. Feels more immersive.

On that note, so glad they decided not to release the Azure Flute. I like Arceus much better when his existence is up for debate rather than just letting some kid catch 'im.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

A side story where you get to catch Mew would be VERY surprising, but cool indeed. Had Deoxys not been in ORAS I would've never even considered it. Though for what it's worth, out of the Mythical Pokémon, Deoxys always seemed like the least "exclusive" one to me. In every way except for its availability, it always seemed more like a regular legendary. Maybe it's the humanoid shapes and the fact that every fucking game has the meteorites in them, steadily reminding us of its existence.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

You really seem to have a thing for wanting to go to Johto in a RBG remake, Twi.

But I agree, especially since when events pokemon didn't come with events, they weren't canon, and when they did come with events they locked people who couldn't get them out of the events. Plus, events in general feel a bit detached, it feels a lot nicer when you buy a game and the content's already there for you to access. Feels more immersive.

On that note, so glad they decided not to release the Azure Flute. I like Arceus much better when his existence is up for debate rather than just letting some kid catch 'im.
    Pretty sure Arceus' existence is pretty solidly confirmed in Platinum in the town with the mural

With the whole "Three beings surrounding a single one" motif

In Diamond and Pearl, it alludes to the Lake Trio calming Dialga/Palkia
    In Platinum, it alludes to the above as well as Arceus and the Creation Trio

As well as the Plate's flavor text when you find them

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • ^Yeah, pretty much.

Pretty sure Arceus' existence is pretty solidly confirmed in Platinum in the town with the mural

With the whole "Three beings surrounding a single one" motif

In Diamond and Pearl, it alludes to the Lake Trio calming Dialga/Palkia
    In Platinum, it alludes to the above as well as Arceus and the Creation Trio

As well as the Plate's flavor text when you find them
    Well that's then thing, Arceus, despite somewhat being analogous to Shinto symbolism, is very much similar to the Christian God. They even have a church worshiping Arceus, creation legends, and worshipers. But those things you mentioned- and this stuff- is about as much proof as the existence of, again, the Christian God. There's no way to prove that He exists and, if I'm gonna be honest, I'd rather them not prove it. It really makes the game feel more genuine and three dimensional.

Also, not 100% on this, but pretty sure we're 13 behind on the number. I think. Maybe.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • They even have a church worshiping Arceus

Do they really, though? The only thing possibly tying that building to Arceus is the art of what's assumed to be Mt. Coronet in the window.
    Its Japanese name is "Foreign Culture Building", hinting that if a religion or the like is behind it, it originates in another country, and is, by the populace, yet to stop being considered foreign. Why would a foreign religion worship a Pokémon whose supposed achievement is creating the Sinnoh region?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back