• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 30-day Song Challenge - Again! [read first post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Day 13 - A Song That's A Guilty Pleasure

Still Gettin' It feat. Skrillex - Foreign Beggars

Oh mah gawd this is so embarrasing, especially because it's rap and SKRILLEX OMGOMG

My friends will laugh at me if they find out. Although that also applies to every other song I have.

Also, if I had this song this would be inflict the ultimate guilt on me.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years

HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR - Ichirin no Hana

I guess it just is a guilty pleasure cause it's j-hardcore. I like it for some reason, though.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Day 12 - A song by an Artist/Band you hate
    LMFAO's Sexy and I Know It
    . I don't hate the song per say, just them, as they are just so... Erghhhhh... Watching them do this live on a show made me feel really awkward...

Olly Murs and his song Dance With Me Tonight. Sad enough to also know all of the lyrics to it, but hey, it's great.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Day 12- A song by a band you hate

Please. The Black Eyed Peas just need to go die in a hole and never make music ever again. Hnnnnnnngggggg.

Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure

HEY I JUST MET YOU. AND THIS IS CRAZY. BUT HERE'S MY NUMBER. SO CALL ME MAYBE.

Seriously, obsessed. Just so god freaking catchy and I love it and I'm not even ashamed for loving it anymore.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Day 12- A song by a band you hate

"Land Down Under" - Men At Work

This song shits me to tears. I cannot handle it and I shouldn't have to, just because I, too, "come from a land down under". But really, everything this band has ever done has made me hate them. Much like ACDC.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Day 11 - A Song From Your Favorite Band

[Gap In The Fence by Enter Shikari]
    Spoiler:

I actually have quite a few favorite bands. But I felt that this song just had to be mentioned.

Day 12 - A Song From A Band You Hate

Skipping this because I'm just going to redirect this to Day 2. Besides, if I hate a particular band, I generally don't listen to their music.

Day 13 - A Song That Is A Guilty Pleasure

[Crying Rain by ギルガメッシュ/Girugamesh]
    Spoiler:

I'm not a big visual-kei fan at all, but this song is just wonderful. In fact, most of their stuff is amazing. I particularly like the strong chorus in this song.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Ok, I forgot to update it yesterday. I think. Idk my memory doesn't work lol. Really sorry about that.

~​

Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love.

With Your Friends - Skrillex

This is, imo, what happens when Skrillex puts in some effort. I love dubstep. Old dubstep. And as such, most people don't expect me to like newer stuff such as Skrillex in the slightest and for the most part I'm fairly "eh this isn't very interesting" tbh. But this track is something else - it's more than simply a jumble of leads over a beat. It's had some thought and musicianship put into it and without being standard Skrillex dubstep it's brought something particularly interesting and new to the table outside of what he normally does.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Day 14 - A song no one would expect you to love

So with my general music choice, Broadway musicals don't really seem to fit in. But dammit I love Wicked. Defying Gravity is amazing hnnnng. Idina Menzel's power behind her voice is amazing, and her belting range is just ridiculous.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Day 14 - A Song No One Would Expect You To Like

My Own Summer (Shove It) - Deftones

Most people know I like everything, but if you look at my last.fm, I usually listen to pop and indie music most of the time. But I love Deftones. And I LOVE this song. I can't sing along with it very well, cause that's just not my voice style, but that doesn't stop me from loving this song. It's been a favorite for a few years, actually. Great song. Great band.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Spoiler:

i've just started to get into Childish Gambino and this is my favorite song on Camp so far. Hooks me in with the chorus and leads me out just the way I like it.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love.
    [Disturbia by Rihanna]

This is probably almost the complete opposite genre of what I like, I listen to rap metal j and sort of heavy things in general or weird or whateverrr but yeah I still feel strange about liking this haha.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Day 14 - A Song No One Expects You to Love
    I have no idea anymore what people expect me to like or not to like. I do say that I don't like songs that sound anarchistic that much, but I do love certain bands in this. I suppose We Will Fall Together by Streetlight Manifesto. Something about it is just great.

EDIT: Scratch that, I've just thought of something else. The Lonely Island feat. Michael Boulton and... You guessed it, Jack Sparrow. I normally hate songs like this, with electro bits and swering, but... I just love the comedy of the song.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Moving this on a bit earlier because I'm about to go to bed.

~

Day 15 - A song that you used to hate but now love.

Tik Tok - Ke$ha

Judge away. I went through a really heavy anti-pop phase for a while, and only somewhat recently did I realise what an absolute idiot I looked saying that if it was pop it wasn't 'real music' or something like that. Ke$ha's got her own little style and theme going on in a lot of her stuff and this was the first song by her that popped to mind. Posting it instead of Blow because I never disliked that one but I used to hate this.

droomph

weeb
    Years

Strobe - Deadmau5 (For Lack of a Better Name, 2009)

I don't know, I didn't like that song for a while (I know! How could I?) because it was 10 freaking minutes. But then I was bored one night, so I listened to the whole album. Strobe just stuck out to me...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Day 15 - A song that you used to hate but now love

I had this giant stigma that basically was going with what everyone else was doing at the time so I just said I hated all country music. Now, I don't love country music as a whole; It depends on how much country twang that song has. Zac Brown Band doesn't have a lot of twang at all, and I love them now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Day 15 - A Song You Used to Hate But Now Love

Forget You - Cee Lo Green

I don't know why I didn't like it. I guess it reminded me of someone and made me mad I guess? idk, but I started dancing to it on Just Dance 3, and then downloaded it to dance to on my own, and then I realized I can sing along with it very well, so I really like it now!

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Day 14

Earl - Earl Sweatshirt

People don't expect me to like rap that much, i guess.

Day 15

I Feel Better - Hot Chip

I used to dislike this song, but after listening to it for ages, it grew on me. I got upset that it didn't get that high in Triple J's hottest 100 2010.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Spoiler:

I used to HATE this song when I was a kid, everything about it just pissed me off to no end. But within the last month, J-lo or J.Lo or whatever the **** she calls herself has started to grow on me. You go, Jlo.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Day 14 - A Song No One Expects You to Love
    Heavy Cross by Gossip

This is just way opposite of what I listen to. No one expects it either; but I really just love this song so much. ;w;

(Stronger) What Doesn't Kill You by Kelly Clarkson

It was overplayed to hell when it first came out and everyone was listening to it and I heard it everywhere I went. So I just started to hate it. After listening to it all the way through; on my own (without no one singing...) I found it to be catchy as hell.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back