• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
  • QR Codes, they are alot so more coming soon.
    Pokemon B/W/PT/R/B/Y/G codes.
    With Gary and N
    More codes at here.

Years
  • "I think we just promised Super Smash on 3DS".

The best thing anyone said at E3....

.... EVER.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

I'm pretty excited for a lot of 3DS games coming out soon. Theres Kid Icarus, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Super Pokémon Rumble. I'm gonna have to dig into my piggy bank a lot before 2012 now. xD

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021

I'm pretty excited for a lot of 3DS games coming out soon. Theres Kid Icarus, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Super Pokémon Rumble. I'm gonna have to dig into my piggy bank a lot before 2012 now. xD

Me, too...

I think I'll be getting another title within this or next week. Just... hmm... what title to get? It has to be something available in the NA region, since that's my 3DS region (as are most 3DSes sold here).

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I think I'll be getting another title within this or next week. Just... hmm... what title to get? It has to be something available in the NA region, since that's my 3DS region (as are most 3DSes sold here).
    Amazon's got a pretty big handheld gaming sale going on - you might find something there. I thought about getting Ridge Racer since it's $19.99 but I'm kind of holding back since it seems really generic. They've got BlazBlue for the same price, and a few other games closer to $30.

Toys R Us also had some games for $19.99 when I was in there about a week ago (Rayman, Rabbids, Ghost Recon, and a few others). Ghost Recon is definitely worth looking into, especially if you like strategy games.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Oh, I think I forgot one bit - I do not live in America. (Yes, there are other places that get NA region systems and games.)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Argh, all these good games that don't exist yet. :< Call me when it's Christmas. DeSuO may end up being my first retail game.

Anybody bought Urban Champion yet? That looked pretty good, but I'd rather know if it has more than 4 levels.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Finally did my first eShop purchase on my 3DS after getting permission from my dad. Bought Link's Awakening DX. I think I'm liking it.

I'm using the Brazil eShop region because, well, that accepts all foreign credit cards and is also tax-free.

I wonder what else should I get?

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Years
  • its probably been asked already but, is ther any speculation as to if they are doing lite version or improvements? and when do you think this would happen??

Years
  • its probably been asked already but, is ther any speculation as to if they are doing lite version or improvements? and when do you think this would happen??

I don't think there is anything on the cards as of yet and I think a light version or improvements won't be coming out for a long time; the only 'improvements' is the change of colour, since a red 3DS is coming out or could be out already, can't remember.​

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years

Waiting for something like this?http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/08/rumour_nintendo_preparing_dual_analogue_3ds_revamp
    It's just a rumour but as the last sentence said: "While 01net has good form in this regard — it was right about the Wii U controller after all — we also advise caution when dealing with rumours, so don't get too carried away."

I don't believe this before Nintendo says it is gonna do it and I don't actually need second analogue (unless new games will need that thing).

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Not having a second analogue is probably the biggest fault with the system's control scheme. Even worse than the silly START / SELECT buttons, and having sliders for volume / 3D control.

Nearly every game can benefit greatly from having two sources of precision control. The most obvious applications are FPS games, and manual camera control in third-person action / platforming games.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Not having a second analogue is probably the biggest fault with the system's control scheme. Even worse than the silly START / SELECT buttons, and having sliders for volume / 3D control.

Nearly every game can benefit greatly from having two sources of precision control. The most obvious applications are FPS games, and manual camera control in third-person action / platforming games.

I agree, but Nintendo doesn't usually appeal to the needs of many gamers most of the time. I guess that the D-Pad could be used for camera control, which is unfortunate, considering that it's a poor alternative to having another analogue stick.

Years
  • i feel like everybody has been giving the 3ds crap in and out of PC. but i purchased one today and i personally thought it was amazing

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I agree, but Nintendo doesn't usually appeal to the needs of many gamers most of the time. I guess that the D-Pad could be used for camera control, which is unfortunate, considering that it's a poor alternative to having another analogue stick.

Last time I checked, the touch screen can be used for more buttons. Those who had played Super Mario 64 DS should know that camera control cam be done even without a secondary analog stick. Also, don't forget the fact that the touch screen works well with your fingers, too. You don't have to take out the stylus every time. That helps a lot in Ocarina of Time 3D, since it means two more action buttons and not having to worry about forgetting button layouts. :P

The touch screen is multi-purpose, you know :)

Back