• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Baton Pass Challenge

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
  • Username: GucciMeme
    Game: Platinum
    Player: Player 3

I hope TeunCornflakes gets his save file situation in order.

Hm, that's kind of a burden :P

Oh im sorry Blastin'Tyruntz maybe this will work (i dont know baybe ?)
    ok so this time it is in a rar file is that ok ?

This still doesn't seem to work. Which emulator do you use?

KKJ

Abominations of mankind
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Hm, that's kind of a burden :P

This still doesn't seem to work. Which emulator do you use?
    I was using DesMuMe 0.9.9 But I THINK it works in 0.9.10 but im not sure..ok nvm it works...
    (maybe its the rom? i dont know, just so you know i downloaded the rom in CoolRom.com , i have no idea(maybe reuploading it?(the sav file ofc)))

Last edited:

Proteun

Years
  • I was using DesMuMe 0.9.9 But I THINK it works in 0.9.10 but im not sure..ok nvm it works...
    (maybe its the rom? i dont know, just so you know i downloaded the rom in CoolRom.com , i have no idea(maybe reuploading it?(the sav file ofc)))

I use the same emulator (version 0.9.10) and ROM. Which option in DesMuMe should I load it with?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I might sign up later but I just wanna post something:

You need to change the entire first post. I had to highlight the entire thing to be able to read it. Like seriously, I don't know if you can read that but I assume any normal person can't. It's far too bright.
    I think I see the problem. The CSS has no Color value for the text, or it's set to default so people with White default text themes see white text etc. Simple fix is the set the CSS to contain color: Black; in it.

KKJ

Abominations of mankind
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    I use the same emulator (version 0.9.10) and ROM. Which option in DesMuMe should I load it with?
    Here are the options i originally used :
    well i just played right after downloading the emulator soooo....
    Ok ill make a new file, maybe that will eliminate the problem, i dont know
    (in that note if it doesn´t work , are you sure that the sav file AND the rom have the same name , and that the sav file is in the Baterry folder , cause that might be whats causing the problem...)

Proteun

Years
  • Here are the options i originally used :
    well i just played right after downloading the emulator soooo....
    Ok ill make a new file, maybe that will eliminate the problem, i dont know
    (in that note if it doesn´t work , are you sure that the sav file AND the rom have the same name , and that the sav file is in the Baterry folder , cause that might be whats causing the problem...)

Okay, it works now. Lol. I think the problem was that it wasn't in the Battery folder, as you said. I'll be posting everything here.

Current progress:
    - Defeated Team Galactic in Eterna City
    - Went through Cycling Road, healed, and got back
    - Caught Earthburst the Geodude (sorry)
    - Caught Jonas the Gligar
    I will go on tomorrow.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Lol, I just realized only 5 people signed up for my individual Gold challenge I started! Moar pplz plz!

Also, I've been making slow progress on Sapphire; I got wiped out by Norman multiple times and I'm still in the process of grinding an Anorith and a Trapinch, not to mention my good computer broke, and I'm stuck using my slow desktop. Expect an update soon, though!

Proteun

Years
  • Okay, I've finished my part in Platinum.

Summary:
    Spoiler:

I have the file in .sav, thought that would work out better.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Doing multiple tasks with this post, so please bear with me.
    I already defeated the first 2 gyms, here are my files:
    1636---Pokemon---Fire-Red-Version--U-1.zip
    I hope it works :D

This would have worked, but your save file is a ".sgm", rather than a ".sav". if you could save in-game and attach that ".sav" file to your post, we can get the show on the road!

-Finished my part as Player 3 of Yellow, my save file will be attached to this post (if not now, soon).
    Spoiler:

-Finished as Player 3 on Platinum as well, a copy of a .dsv (for DraStic and Desmume users) as well as a .sav (for NO$GBA and is in same format for TeunConflakes) will be attached.
    Spoiler:

-I am still waiting to be Player 6 in Gold as promised. Can the current player upload their save file for me?

HERE IS THE .dsv IF NECESSARY
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bmbxoy9v2cqvke/Pokemon Platinum.dsv

ONE LAST THING: I want the OP to include this save file converter, which has saved me a lot of time and stress: http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

Last edited:
    Years
  • Gucci I'm the 5th in Gold, but I think the 2nd player is still playing
    also i think it will work if you load the savefile via visualboyadvance, i tested it :)

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Gucci I'm the 5th in Gold, but I think the 2nd player is still playing
    also i think it will work if you load the savefile via visualboyadvance, i tested it :)

Thanks for clarifying with Gold! However, I've tried multiple times to get the FireRed .sgm file to work but it has not, this done on My Boy! Emulator as well as VBA (both on their most current versions).

It may be something wrong with my emulator, but it will definitely work uploaded as a .sav instead. I apologive for the inconvenience and wall of text that I have posted, but I really want to do the Challenge!

In addition, I cannot convert the .sgm file into a .sav because it is a save state, rather than a save file. Thanks for understanding.

Back