• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

I still think Trainer Customization is the most important feature that needs to be brought back. It gives so much uniqueness to the playerbase, and considering how the newer games tend to focus more on global interactions, it makes more sense to see everyone's unique avatar rather than the same two faces over and over again.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Just the fact that's it 50/50 your opponent looks exactly like you... Creepy when you think of it, right? Like you've been cloned, imitated or it's actually a Ditto.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

If I recall correctly, Game Freak claimed that trainer customization made Kalos so special. -_-

blue

gucci
    Years

I'm pretty sure trainer customization will be back in the next game(s), especially if they're set back in Kalos. The only reason they weren't in ORAS I believe is because it wasn't in the original Ruby & Sapphire.

Meadow

Years

I'm pretty sure trainer customization will be back in the next game(s), especially if they're set back in Kalos. The only reason they weren't in ORAS I believe is because it wasn't in the original Ruby & Sapphire.

I really hope so. The whole "only French people change their clothes" excuse isn't gonna cut it.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • So, we're on to Growlithe, right?

Another question regarding the player character (hope we haven't had it already): Do you always play as your own gender?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I play as my own gender in Fire Red/Leaf Green, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black 2, White 2, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, and Y. But in other games, I'd rather pick the female character.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

No. I play as the better-looking character. Like the girl in B2W2.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday

I don't know what Pokemon we're on so I'll just upvote yay!

I always tend to play as the male character. They just have a better design. Or, if there's no preference, I just pick the male character because that's the first choice and I just want to get started playing.

Years

I play as a girl when I played FR and EM. But when I play hacks and some games like Harvest Moon, I go with my gender.

Meadow

Years

I usually play as a guy so I can name my character either "Shark" or "Nasch," but I do recall playing as a girl in B2/W2, because her design was sooo much better.

And HAN, don't worry about repeating super-old topics. I doubt the things we talked about on page 5 are even relevant anymore (lol), so I'm sure they could re-open some fresh discussions.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

If DCCs/chatting threads couldn't have the same topic again after they had it the first time they would all die. They strive on topics repeating over and over again. :B

I bounce between choosing the male character and the female character depending on what I want to name my character. Though in XYs case because the female's customization is just so much better I think I've only picked the male once and honestly the next time I do it will probably when I'm doing a character run or something. vOv

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

I personally chose male characters a lot to represent my own gender, even though at times I want to choose another one if I got Y someday, because I heard that the female gets the customization the most.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

It really is. I've played through my Y plenty of times and I still can pick a different outfit each time I play the game. I doubt I would be able to do that as well with the male though I am considering being the male in my next runthrough. Haven't decided if its going to be a challenge or a character one yet though. I still have to wait until XY finishes until I can do my XY!Ash Run.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024

I'm quite sure they removed trainer customization in ORAS due to the player character having an already established design.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back