• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Clan" v5 - We're Back!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years

• The "Clan" – Organization Thread v5

Latest News: Thread Re-Launched

[a id]intro[/a id]Introduction to The "Clan" v5

Basically, The Clan was literally, "The Clan" back in the day. I've been a member of it since my early D/P days, and am extremely excited to see clans allowed back here at PC. Great decision. This is a 5th Gen PO clan.

New Members (In order from most recently recruited to oldest recruited members)
    Elvis Cheeseley, Alakazam17, J J JUAN

Current News
    1/10/2011 - Re-launch

Current Clan Events
    Title - None.
    Event Coordinators: None.
    Details: None.
    Prizes: None.
    Link: None.

[a id]join[/a id]How to Join

In order to join, you need to show that you have skill in pokemon battling and can act maturely. Contact one of the Clan Leaders in the list below and ask to be admitted. You will then battle under conditions set by that person. If your battle sufficiently proves your skill or if you have previously demonstrated your skill to the tester in other battles, then you will be admitted. Admittance is not necessarily determined by your victory.

If you have any questions on what kinds of things you can do to show your skill, talk to any clan member, but especially talk to Recruiters or the Leader. If the person who is testing you does not give any battle conditions, assume the standard clan clauses are in effect. You can find them in this section.

Contact list - Ooka
    Please only contact these people if you have questions. If you are looking for a test battle please just post in this thread.

[a id]positions[/a id]Clan positions

If you are interested in taking up one of the following positions, please contact the Leader or a Recruiter.

The Leader decides the rules and approves clan decisions.
    Recruiters may add members to the clan and assist in its management.
    Event coordinators have the responsibility of running clan events.
    Providers supply items, pokemon, or services for clan distribution or events.
    Graphics directors create and submit graphics for clan members, events, and the front page.

[a id]rules[/a id]Clan Rules Page

We in the Clan have a reputation to uphold as civilized, reputable, and dedicated pokemon battlers. As such, we ask that you abide by these rules when representing the clan in this forum and in other circumstances, (except when they would conflict in which case we ask you to abide by the rules of the forum or other location you are representing the clan in). Failure to abide by the rules can get you warned or kicked from the clan.

1. Declare your membership in your signature.

2. Be respectful of other clan members, other clans, and non-clan members.

3. No deceit.

5. Remain active in the Clan

6. Show proper battle etiquette.

[a id]benefits[/a id]Clan Benefits

Being in the clan provides you certain benefits.

1. Ability to participate in clan-only events.
    2. A handy place to post when you want to battle people from this clan.
    3. Access to advice on team building or tweaking from other skilled battlers.
    5. Increase in social status and self-esteem from being part of an ingroup. =P

[a id]resources[/a id]Pokemon Resources

Clauses
    Battles often involve player-enforced clauses which seek to balance the game to be more fair. Here they are for your reference.
    Sleep
    You may not put more than one of your opponent's pokemon to sleep at a time unless it was by an event you had no control over (e.g. The ability Effect Spore when one of your opponent's pokemon is already asleep via your actions.) or unless your only other option in the battle is to concede (e.g. You are down to your last pokemon, which uses Hypnosis. You miss, and on the next turn your opponent uses Encore).

Evasion
    You may not use a move which raises your evasion unless it was by an event you had no control over. (e.g. Raising evasion via Acupressure is allowed because the stat increase is random.) You may use a held item that raises evasion provided that is not restricted by some other clause.

OHKO Move
    No moves which faint the opponent in one hit may be used unless it was by an event you had no control over (e.g. Metronome). For reference, these moves are Horn Drill, Guillotine, Fissure, and Sheer Cold.

Species
    No more than one pokemon of each species is allowed.

Explosion
    If a player causes a Draw through the use of Explosion, Self Destruct, or Destiny Bond, that player loses the game instead.

Item
    No more than one of any item may be used. Items with duplicate effects but different names are allowed (e.g. Black Sludge and Leftovers).

'Hax' Item
    No Quick Claw, King's Rock, Bright Powder, or Lax Incense. Some consider these items to be too disruptive by adding an additional luck factor into the game.

Uber
    No pokemon in the 'Uber' tier are allowed. Uber tier pokemon are considered to be too powerful for the OU metagame.
    The Uber tier consists of the following pokemon:
    Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys N, Deoxys A, , Dialga, Genosect, Giratina, Giratina Origin, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kerudio, Kyogre, Lugia, Manaphy, Meloetta, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin S, Zekrom, Reshiram

All clan battles use the following clauses by default - Sleep, Evasion, OHKO, Species, Uber, Shadow Tag, Landorus(due to PC server glitch), Drizzle+Swift Swim Team Combo, and Inconsistent.

Pokemon Sites and Tools
    Here are some resources for the aspiring pokmon master. Please note that neither Pokemon Community forum staff nor myself can vouch for the accuracy or content of material presented on these other sites. This is the internet of course, but just thought I would give you a reminder.

Site Links:
    Serebiihttp://www.serebii.net/
    - Complete basic pokedex, movelist, and game mechanics information. A must for the beginning pokemon trainer.
    Veekunhttp://veekun.com
    - An alternative to serebii, contains some information (such as move tutored moves) not as easily found on serebii.
    MetalKid's Pokemon Calculatorshttp://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Default.aspx
    - Source of the excellent MKPP program and highly accurate damage calculators (within 2-3 points).
    Smogonhttp://www.smogon.com/
    - Metagame strategy, debate, and advanced research into game mechanics. See forums as well as the main page.
    ShoddyBattlehttp://shoddybattle.com
    - Pokemon web battle simulator using Java.
    Pokemon Online
    - New 5th Gen Battle Simulator. Very popular.

[a id]members[/a id]Clan Members

Head Leader - Ooka
    Recuiters - Alakazam17, J J JUAN
    Elite Members - Elvis Cheeseley, Alakazam17
    Regular members - J J JUAN
    Missing / Inactive Members - N/A

Old threads, for reference:
    v1 - Nightofshadow
    v2 - celestial_okami
    v3 - celestial_okami
    v4 - Nightofshadow

Approved by Wolflare

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It's the 4th gen ban list for 4th gen wifi since 5th gen isn't out in north america yet

Its outdated even by gen 4 standards.

And he doesn't specify if its for wifi or PO. Everyone plays on PO for gen 5 and he links to PO in the "site links" section so i figured it was for gen 5. Shoddy is also pretty much defunct now also. ):

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
  • Sorry guys, there was a lot of info to be changed from the old thread. You should have seen some of the stuff I removed lol. I'll get it all changed up.

Ooka

Years
  • Sure thing, just gotta test you first. Anyone else interested in joining go ahead and post here and I'll get you tested a.s.a.p.

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
  • Hey J J JUAN, you're good, definitely, so with a 1-1 score I'll add you as a regular member for now, although I think I'm going to make two classes of members, Regular, and Experienced.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    I would like a trial tonight at 8:45 PM EST tonight. Also, if I lose but i am good enough am I still in the clans?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Wow, I'm glad to see clans back here again. And the same goes for you, Ooka. :D

I'm not really a fan of Shoddy or PO, but I'm now inticed to try out the latter. So you can count me in. ^^

If you're still on by the time I get set up, could we have a test battle?

Ooka

Years
  • Sure thing, I'll probably be on for a while, till the server dies down. :)

Glad to have you join in though.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Okay, I think I've found my way around the site and I'm on PC's server. I'm not used to following the Item Clause, so it made my team-building a little more interesting than usual.

Though it appears you're no longer on Ooka. Maybe next time. ^^

Ooka

Years
  • Actually, the item clause doesn't apply to this clan, so feel free to use whatever you'd like.

@dragonomega: You can use one or the other in your team, just not both together.

Alakazam17 and J J JUAN are officially part of the clan guys. First post updated.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've never heard of the clan's before D:

But I like the sound of the idea :'3

Count me in ~ I'll be on the PO sever like soon but I need to do something first n.n Not a confident battler u.u

Ohh the Drizzle+Drought confuses me D: Are we aloud to use the individual teams and not together or...? :S

Drought is fine with Chlorophyll.

Swift Swim with Drizzle however is not. Is either or for those.

Back