• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I'm pretty sure I've never thrown out anything Pokémon related. o_o; Or let my brother throw out any of his.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • If I hadn't bought any of my Pokémon stuff (or things bought directly for Pokémon) then I'd probably be several hundred dollars richer. @_@;;

Anyway, yeah, that's more or less what it's like for me, Kylie. XD Pokémon influenced my other interests and without them, I'd have like no friends. 8( Or at least, very different friends, I suppose.

edit: lulz, I didn't have to buy Pokémon Channel. I won it. XD
    Thank you! You're the cause of me having like half my friends these days. 8D

Pachirisu said:
    Unless you no longer own any of the Pokemon merchandise you spent the money on. My cousin threw out most of his Pokemon stuff, especially the huge 2000+ card collection he used to have. D:

I think I still have all my stuff.

Well, I got half of my cards or more for free from some guy. He gave me literally hundreds of Grass/Leaf energies, as well as some other cards. That and all my others... I probably win at life for having the biggest collection of Leaf energies. D8
    Kenji-kun said:
    But it is one, no matter how much you deny.

I just used my Aunty's version... I am glad I didn't buy it.

Quiet, infidel! Don't shatter my intricate yet delicately-constructed fantasy realm of denial.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Well, I got half of my cards or more for free from some guy. He gave me literally hundreds of Grass/Leaf energies, as well as some other cards. That and all my others... I probably win at life for having the biggest collection of Leaf energies. D8

I used to get all sorts of cards for free and never had to spend anything on them. Kinda lucky some of my friends were very generous...

I've got stack loads of Fire energies for some reason.

Cherrim

Years
  • I wish I got free Pokémon cards. :( No one I know has them anymore and if they do, they're keeping them. XD;

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I've only got the original cards~ I stopped buying them years ago. The new ones all look different and too powerful for the old game.

I only know of little kids around 10 who play Pokemon cards now. It's been perceived as a completely "childish" thing and you kinda get teased about it if you're playing it or anything related to it in teenage years, especially at high school.

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    I've only got the original cards~ I stopped buying them years ago. The new ones all look different and too powerful for the old game.

I only know of little kids around 10 who play Pokemon cards now. It's been perceived as a completely "childish" thing and you kinda get teased about it if you're playing it or anything related to it in teenage years, especially at high school.

That is most unfortunate is it not,lad

:t383:Pokefan2008
    ?

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    Pokemon TCG is easy... compared to other card games. For example, Magic the Gathering, and VS (which sucks IMO) are way more complicated.

It's a bit confusing if you play the real way...

Cherrim

Years
  • I never found the Pokémon TCG confusing. Mind you, I learnt how to play almost exclusively from that TCG game for Gameboy but... still. XD

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    I never found the Pokémon TCG confusing. Mind you, I learnt how to play almost exclusively from that TCG game for Gameboy but... still. XD

How long did it take you to learn how to play?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years

• It's a bit confusing if you play the real way...

The real way? What with 6 prizes, proper knockouts etc...?
    I honestly don't know if they've changed the rules or not since then.
    but.. YUGIOH is easy and yeah..

Magic... isnt hard... nor is Dual Monsters... Havent tried others...

Yugioh is... O.o

Magic can be, with all the different type of cards and stuff.

Dual Monsters is such a rip off Magic and YGO.

Cherrim

Years
  • Well, I learnt it from the Gameboy game. So probably about 10 minutes or however long the first tutorial in the game takes. XD

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    Well, I learnt it from the Gameboy game. So probably about 10 minutes or however long the first tutorial in the game takes. XD

Wow,I could never remember all of the rules
    the Pokemon Trading Card game has.

Cherrim

Years
  • The game didn't follow every rule, but you could pick them up quickly regardless.

The easiest way to learn is to just play with someone who does understand the rules and can walk you through it for a few games. Just reading and trying to memorize the rules doesn't work too well for me, at least.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I wish I got free Pokémon cards. :( No one I know has them anymore and if they do, they're keeping them. XD;

Hahahaha, well, we were, like, seven. And he didn't wanna play Pokémon at the time. He took a month to smuggle them all to us [b& at school]. 8D

Anyway, we had all these cards and we lacked a rules manual or counters, so we invented our own game. We godmodded. [My brother and I.] We'd pick out our deck, shuffle through it while looking, then randomly pick out a fully-evolved Pokémon, attach three or so items to it, then put it in, then attack. I always won. 8D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back