• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Eh, just a lounge where people can hang out and chit-chat~ A really casual place.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    No... it was my intention at first, but I might incorporate some Pokemon in there somewhere ~.o

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Yep ^_^
    How is everyone doing this evening?

Well....I'm just peachy! :D Ate some wonderful dinner then Knocked out another chapter in LEGO starwars! xD I dont know why but for some strange reason, I love that game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I finished reading a library book I got yesterday~ It was really good, and I'm going to be starting another one later on tonight, after I'm done all the forum stuff I was planning to do tonight.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I finished reading a library book I got yesterday~ It was really good, and I'm going to be starting another one later on tonight, after I'm done all the forum stuff I was planning to do tonight.

Cool! May I ask which book? Next book i'm going to get reading in the near future is Jonathan Seagull, i've read it like 5 times, but it's so good I'm gonna read it again! xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    It was called Kat's Fall, and I forget the author's name, but it's about a woman who dropped her eleven-month-old deaf daughter off a balcony and went to jail for it. The girl survived, and ten years later her and her sixteen-year-old brother are living with their uncaring drunk of a father when they find out their mother's being released from prison on parole. Then, the boy is committed of an awful crime. You'll have to read it to find out what~

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • It was called Kat's Fall, and I forget the author's name, but it's about a woman who dropped her eleven-month-old deaf daughter off a balcony and went to jail for it. The girl survived, and ten years later her and her sixteen-year-old brother are living with their uncaring drunk of a father when they find out their mother's being released from prison on parole. Then, the boy is committed of an awful crime. You'll have to read it to find out what~

That actually sounds quite interesting...ya know I may have to read that, thanks...

Well Jonathan seagull is about a Seagull, duh, that enters the world questioning life and why things are things and such, it gets quite deep, and the journeys he has as a nobody, an outcast, really great book...

ugh I'm not even tired tonight, Im off my schedule again, looks like I'll be up all night again xD

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • whew, done with work *borrrring*, anyway since the topic is fav books I particularly enjoy the Ender's Game series (yes, its Sci Fi, but its cool)I'm currently on the third book in the series, called Xenocide.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My all-time favourite book right now is between Arthur Golden's Memoirs of a Geisha (I personally think the movie did not do this book much justice), and J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • whew, done with work *borrrring*, anyway since the topic is fav books I particularly enjoy the Ender's Game series (yes, its Sci Fi, but its cool)I'm currently on the third book in the series, called Xenocide.

Was that actually a series?? I've only read the first and I thought it ended there.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • actually you could say it ended there, but the author worte three more books about Ender. the second book, called Speaker for the Dead, tells of his travel to a planet called Lusitania and how he meets a new sentient species called, the Pequeninos, and how he begins to try and save them from the governments plot to exterminate them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    actually you could say it ended there, but the author worte three more books about Ender. the second book, called Speaker for the Dead, tells of his travel to a planet called Lusitania and how he meets a new sentient species called, the Pequeninos, and how he begins to try and save them from the governments plot to exterminate them.

I've never heard of that series; what's it about?

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The Ender's Game franchise is about child soldiers recruited by a unified Earth government to combat aliens. I never read too much into it, however; Orson Scott Card was never one of my favorite authors to begin with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back