• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • Hey everyone. How is everyone? And why arent we post happy? Ah well. Anyway LOL i just had an earthquake. Smal but i was typing while the building was shaking. It was fun in a scary way.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I remember my first and only earthquake. It was pretty small.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Not sure about mine, however it's one of the few England has had in years. It broke a few buildings enar the epicentre, and pulled down some chimneys but that was about it.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Enar? why what wonderful english you have! Anyway lol I understand that for England but where I am man its an earthquake zone! Thats why buildings are only 8 stories high and there are no nuclear power plants. Anway have you ever seen the show Primeval? It just started here and man I love it!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Enar? why what wonderful english you have! Anyway lol I understand that for England but where I am man its an earthquake zone! Thats why buildings are only 8 stories high and there are no nuclear power plants. Anway have you ever seen the show Primeval? It just started here and man I love it!
    If you mean the show about prehistoric and future animals invading present day Britain, then yes, I've seen it. And I have to agree with you there, as I'd always try to watch it whenever it aired here. But alas, it doesn't anymore. ;_;

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • How many seasons did it go? Just so I can know how many days it will continue. Thats my only irk with my country. It plays shows that only have say a 14 episode season but will continue later on a daily basis. Just trying to catch up with all the changes for what foreign show will take up the slot for another foreign show is insane. But thankfully Supernatural is coming on again soon. I just love the dark and moody theme it has,

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • There are 23 episodes, 3 seasons. ^_^

I've seen a few episodes of Supernatural, but I have yet to really get into it. It airs on Friday nights here, which is kind of a bad time for me to watch television. XD

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • Study! Tomorrow is doomsday! Both Primeval and Supernatural have aired here, too, but I wasn't that interested in them. They made a lot of advertisment for both, but I doubt it worked, as both seem to be kinda forgotten now. o,o
    Friday nights? Heck, that is one of the few times during the week where I am free to watch TV as long as I want. What do you have to do there, exams??! lol XD

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Well, this Friday, that's exactly what I have, XD. It's being written from 7 PM to 10 PM, XD. Weird time for a final exam, but meh, at least it's my last one.

If I'm at home on a Friday night, I'm usually writing or watching anime. As, unlike most other days, I don't have to get up for school the next morning, XD.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • I know. 0=) That's why I asked. You don't usually have exams on Friday nights, right? XD (I hope I never have an exam at night, my last train leaves at 10:48 pm. x.x)

...so if you already watch anime at Friday nights, why not watch general TV, too? I can't judge for Canada, but here, best comedy shows air either at Friday or Saturday night. =3

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Exams can be any day in April, excluding Sundays. They can be held on Saturdays though, heh. And on whichever day they're held, they'll either be from 9 AM to noon, 2 PM to 5 PM, or 7 PM to 10 PM. My Chemistry exam tomorrow is in the 2-5 block, and Friday's is in the 7-10 block. But hey, it allows me to study for most of the day before I go to school. XD

They probably do here to, though I'm not much of a fan of comedy shows. I like the drama shows like those already mentioned, and Lost. I can't get enough of Lost. And as an otaku, I'd much prefer to spend that time getting caught up on some series I'm watching(like Sailor Moon, which I haven't finished yet, XD).

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • Heheh, my exam season was roughly two months ago and the next one is in a few hours. I guess I'm pretty lucky, though, as we still write exams during school time and not, like other semesters, already in the first holiday week. Knowing my teachers, we'll also write during the 'lesson', as in, the same time as the usual lesson would take place.

I wanted to start watching Lost when it first aired here in Germany, but knowing myself, that would have ended with me being angry about missing one or two episodes and then never watching it again. I can't enjoy a series if I haven't seen the pilot episode, either.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • They make you take exams on Friday nights?!?! =O that's EVIL =(

Mine will all be during the day I would presume, all within school hours as well so it's not too bad.

And @ Alakazam17, I love LOST too =D

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I have to go to a separate building for only one of my exams, thankfully XD The rest I can just take at home whenever, as usual.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I have to go to a separate building for only one of my exams, thankfully XD The rest I can just take at home whenever, as usual.

You're lucky, we get sat in the stuffy main hall for exams. It's torture during summer cos it gets really warm and clammy. Being stuck in there for exams that are 2 to 3 hours long ain't gonna be a pleasant experience =(

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I've got all my GCSE exams coming up in the next 3 months. I should probably spend these two weeks I've got off school to revise... but motivation is running low for the most important exams I'm gonna take. :x

As for heat in exam halls... well, this is England, when is there ever a really hot summer? 8D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back