• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
  • Whenever someone says adult cartoons, I don't think of Family guy or the Simpsons. Nowadays those are pretty much teen cartoons.

You want to know some adult cartoons? Actually, now that I think about it... Probably shouldn't hand out a list.

I watched just about everything. Except Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab (Don't know why, never really liked that cartoon. PPG should be self-explanatory though.) when I was younger. The only cartoon that I still watch is Ed Edd'n Eddy.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I guess something like Bob's Burgers would be my favourite 'adult' cartoon currently airing. You could certainly show it to kids and they'd definitely understand a lot of it, but they wouldn't really get how copious amounts of the word 'anus' would be hilarious... or wait, maybe they'd be the precise audience for that show!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I really never liked Family Guy. South Park was always its better sibling the way I saw it. And God do I loooooove South Park. But yeah, Family Guy is definitely a more adult cartoon.

i know this is really really off-topic but...

I have made 2000 posts! Yay!

now, go back to your topic.

~_~

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't watch any cartoons that aren't anime. The quality has taken such a nosedive that I can't stand watching them.

And forget about the CGI-animated crap that some try to pass off as cartoons. I never liked those.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]Se here although I hardly watch anime because I only get it through adult swim on Saturdays :|[/SIZE]

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Don't really watch cartoons anymore, I watch Pokémon on the occasion that it's on but South Park and Family Guy are just so tiresome, don't really like them anymore.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • I wish I could watch MLP, but I don't have the channel. Thank goodness for YouTube (but Hasbro's pulling down videos now...)

The other cartoons I'd watch are Spongebob (moreso some of the previous seasons, although some new ones are good), and Family Guy.

I like Family Guy, TBH.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Family Guy isn't bad at all if you grasp the hilarious --albeit sometimes racist, demeaning, hurtful, or overused-- jokes and satire. After season 5 or 6, I stopped perpetuating the show because I got bored with the repetitive concept. Same goes for The Simpsons.

I used to have a channel, Boomerang, that aired old cartoons. I can't find it anymore.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    <3 Family Guy. I find it hilarious. Although, that may be because I enjoy offensive humour, but whatever.

And I still watch SpongeBob whenever it's on TV because I'm a five-year-old trapped inside a nineteen-year-old body. Hell, I just went to Walmart today to get Alpha-ghetti and Zoodles. Booyah.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • i don't watch cartoons often, just when my brother's watching them and i happen to be bored enough to join. at such, i can still enjoy Family Guy cause i haven't seen it that many times yet. i can get the idea of it getting repetitive, though..
    and i still watch the Avatar-cartoon reruns whenever they're on.

usually i always watch anime though. hooray for epic storylines and amazing art <3.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • As far as cartoons go, I never make a habit of watching them, with the notable exceptions of Avatar: The Last Airbender & My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The former has a better style than most(including an actual story), and the latter is just epic. xD

I've seen a grand total of five episodes of The Simpsons, two of which being the same episode. I have seen a few episodes of Family Guy, but only because someone else was watching and I was there. I don't really go for plotless shows, which is part of reason I became an Otaku early on.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • What's with the cult-like following for MLP? It's a show aimed at seven-year-old girls and younger to promote a line of toys. I enjoyed Beast Wars / Beasties when I was that age, but I don't think it would be holding my attention now.

I don't watch many cartoons anymore. Mostly, reruns of Simpsons when its a good episode and The Ricky Gervais show (which isn't even really a cartoon show... nor written for that matter. Just podcasts set to animation)

Years
  • What's with the cult-like following for MLP? It's a show aimed at seven-year-old girls and younger to promote a line of toys. I enjoyed Beast Wars / Beasties when I was that age, but I don't think it would be holding my attention now.

It may appear to be a corporate shill at first, but because of the all-star animation team and writing team behind it, Friendship is Magic is much better than most corporate shill shows in that it actually has sensible plots and well-written characters, as well as higher-quality animation. There wouldn't be nearly as big of a cult-like following if it wasn't actually well-made.

At least that's what I've gathered. I haven't actually watched any of it, myself.

Regarding Boomerang, it's still out there, but primarily only available on certain cable and satellite TV packages.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It may appear to be a corporate shill at first, but because of the all-star animation team and writing team behind it, Friendship is Magic is much better than most corporate shill shows in that it actually has sensible plots and well-written characters, as well as higher-quality animation. There wouldn't be nearly as big of a cult-like following if it wasn't actually well-made.

At least that's what I've gathered. I haven't actually watched any of it, myself.
    For me, that's precisely why I enjoy it. For other die-hard fans, I'm not entirely sure if the above is the only reason. You should give it a go. If you don't like it after one episode, you're probably not going to like it at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back