• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    I'm afraid I won't be participating in this challenge. There is one simple reason; I haven't even managed to reach any of those criteria on my main saves (except Diamond, but it doesn't count because that was a long time ago and I don't even play it anymore because I have Platinum). I really hate grinding multiple Pokémon, and that is what you mainly do in a challenge like that...
    Can't we just beat the league once? We can't get a lot of dragons that way, but it'll take too long otherwise.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    A question: if you have a dragon pokemon in your team, but you don't use it for battling, you use it for HMs, is it considered as a HM buddy?

It's a dragon....but if you want it to count as your HM buddy, that's fine (you don't have to have one though), but I doubt you're going to have a Dragonite as a HM buddy, are you? xD

tkallab

Years
    You know what? I'm going to participate.
    I'm not joining the competition, I'm just going to do a Dragon run on Platinum, trading over (yes, really) some dragon Pokémon and just have fun instead of racing.
    But not this moment, as I'm busy.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah...this isn't really a race......there may be something for the fastest completion....but not much, as that's not my style (biased, I know xD) and it takes the fun out of the games...

Anyway, this spoiler is Gen V...

Spoiler:

tkallab

Years
    Yeah, but it's really hard to get those Dream World abilities, methinks.
    It's definitely cool, though. I could see me using something like that. It's like Yanmega's ability.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Except tougher to activate....but I'd say more useful than Speed Boost, as priority moves override speed boost i.e. Ice Shard > Yanmega, but not attack boosts...

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Good idea on the challenge, Amore. I don't think I'll be entering, because I still have to do a run through my Pearl version (and I'm kinda bored with the current games right now. Can't wait for BW!!!). :P

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I know that bored feeling.....I keep restarting games. However, I've never actually completed a Johto game....mainly because I regret swapping Ss for Hg, as I can't get Delibird.....but then again, it's useless in-game in these, as it can't learn decent moves until you get the tms post-E4.....

B/W will hopefully be brilliant...

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
    Any possibility of me being able to join perchance?

--Favorite Dragons?
    Dialga and Salamence

And for the sake of it because I'm bored.

Why do you like dragons?
    I always did, even before pokemon, because they are cool and I love mythical things as well. And it's interesting on how people portray these sort of creatures as well, whether it be in the different varities they are in Pokemon to in other media and games as well. Mainly the fact that there was a dragon in Pokemon was the icing n the cake for me way back in the day when i first got into it.

Anyways, I may try to challenge, but I'll have to find a working rom of SS in order to do so since I don't have an actual copy of HG that I can use for restarting purposes, I can't take screenshots from my DS, and I don't want to restart my copy of SS.

Although is it alright if I attempt (key word being attempt) to hack in a Bagon, Trapinch, or Gible (at least one of the non-legendary dragons that you can't get outside of the Safari Zone) to use throughout because of being unable to trade when using an EMU. Although it would be more or less along the lines of altering the wild pokemon encounter to be a specific pokemon then catching it as to keep the moveset and stats as natural and normal as possable.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It's not technically a race...it starts now, I didn't realise you guys were waiting!

So...for those who didn't realise, the race challenge has began!

Oh, and welcome Time Guardian!

Provided it's a pretty-much legal pokemon, then yes, go ahead and hack! Just not too much, okey? Just 2...catch the rest legitimately.

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
    I was only going to get 1, that being a Bagon since I would need cut by the time I reach the second badge. And once I get it working, I can screenshot it as a form of proof that everything else will be legit, and SS parts of my progress as I go just cause I feel like it. XD

If I had a second DS and an extra copy of SS that I was willing to restart, I would not resort to this. Since I could trade over a newly hatched bagon as soon as it was possible.

Still, thanks anyways. ^^

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Any possibility of me being able to join perchance?

--Favorite Dragons?
    Dialga and Salamence

And for the sake of it because I'm bored.

Why do you like dragons?
    I always did, even before pokemon, because they are cool and I love mythical things as well. And it's interesting on how people portray these sort of creatures as well, whether it be in the different varities they are in Pokemon to in other media and games as well. Mainly the fact that there was a dragon in Pokemon was the icing n the cake for me way back in the day when i first got into it.

Anyways, I may try to challenge, but I'll have to find a working rom of SS in order to do so since I don't have an actual copy of HG that I can use for restarting purposes, I can't take screenshots from my DS, and I don't want to restart my copy of SS.

Although is it alright if I attempt (key word being attempt) to hack in a Bagon, Trapinch, or Gible (at least one of the non-legendary dragons that you can't get outside of the Safari Zone) to use throughout because of being unable to trade when using an EMU. Although it would be more or less along the lines of altering the wild pokemon encounter to be a specific pokemon then catching it as to keep the moveset and stats as natural and normal as possable.

Welcome to the den, Time Guardian. Please enjoy your stay, and good luck in the challenge if you do end up doing it.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    I would like to take place in that challenge but sadly I'm busy with other games (to be exact WoW, Guitar Hero/Rock Band and Pokémon Black), hacking Pokémon and school. Talk about being busy. Maybe I'll stop playing Pokémon Black to do this challenge.

PS: How do I post pictures?

tkallab

Years
    Why Guitar Hero? Learn to play a real instrument!

I'll probably be starting next week, because I've got vacation then. I'll be trading over a Charmander and a Horsea to my Heart Gold. They'll have some nice egg moves!

I'm kind of having trouble with thinking of my favorite dragon-type Pokémon... I'm thinking Dragonair, but I'm not sure. I really need it for something...

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    I would like to take place in that challenge but sadly I'm busy with other games (to be exact WoW, Guitar Hero/Rock Band and Pokémon Black), hacking Pokémon and school. Talk about being busy. Maybe I'll stop playing Pokémon Black to do this challenge.

PS: How do I post pictures?

Simply take a screenshot(you can find this option on your Emulator), and if you use DS use your phone camera... upload those pictures on imageshack or photobucket and post them here... Hope I helped! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back