• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
    I usually use an image hosting site like Photobucket, make an account, upload the images, then use the links on there to put them up.

Or are you talking about taking screenshots off of the DS? Because that I don't know how to do, nor do I have a capture device to be able to do it. Hence another reason as to why I'm having to use an EMU with this, despite actually owning the game I'm using as well.

Anyways, 3 images of the Bagon to show that the only thing hacked is where I caught him (and the level to some extent, since if I hatched him from an egg he would be level 5 and not level 2.), I even used the traditional method to get him as well and he's the only one that I'm going to be hacking in for this for the sake of replacing not being able to trade over an egg.

https://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll207/pokemon_brass/SilverScreen001.png
    https://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll207/pokemon_brass/SilverScreen002.png
    https://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll207/pokemon_brass/SilverScreen003.png

The Cyndaquil will be released soon as he was just my starter. And yes, I did name my character Joachim. XD I also went and named the rival, Walter, as well. (Did cyndaquil to force him getting the Totodile, which if I'm not mistaken, gets taught an Ice move eventually over the course of the game.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes, Cyndaquil gave him Totodile! Haha, well, at least he'll be able to stand up with your dragons (that was my problem with my dragon-type runthrough, it was too easy until it came to Red's Lapras. Literally, that was my first KO in the game).

Btw, you don't have to upload them to Photobucket/Imageshack, guys!

If you have the file on your pc, you can use the "Go Advanced" option when writing your post, then add them as an attachment. That way, they save space by appearing small in your post, but when we click them, we get to see them full-size!

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    CCC
    Amore, I was expecting more from you! ;)
    The images saved by useing an emulator's option: take a screenshot, are .BMP files which you can't add as attachments!

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    You can open them in paint and save them as .png.
    But I don't think that it's ever a good idea to use an emulator for DS games... Aren't they slow?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    People do competitive battling over Shoddy, Tkallab......saves raising the damn pokemon every time you need to make a change.

DragoniteUser, I don't use ROMs, I just play the games legit, so I wouldn't know. Anyway, as Tkallab said, just open it in Paint!

tkallab

Years
    ShoddyBattle, how could I forget! I played a few games there, too.
    Anyway, is it okay to trade Pokémon from different generations over? Like, Gible in Heart Gold?

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
    Amore - XD What i was assuming what that the crononaw/feraligatr does learn an Ice move eventually, right? Because that was part of the intent there. *rarely ever remembers enemy trainer movesets*

And I forgot about the upload option on here, especially since that option doesn't exist on most places I frequent.

DragoniteUser - It would be bitmap if you kept it on the default setting. I'm using DeSmuMe and have it so screens would save as PNG, I think other emulators have that option to change what to save the filetype as, but 90% of the time I find it much much faster to also use the print screen button on my computer when I'm playing non-RPGs.

tkallab - Shoddy or Pokemon Online, both of which people use for competitive battling when they don't have DS/Wi-Fi or to team test sometimes before spending the time to make it in-game.

I will admit, SS does run slow, but it's easily bearable for me to play since I'm used to things running a lot slower for me. And at least it isn't as bad as the lag I always get in Brawl Wi-Fi.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, it learns Ice Fang through level-up....and I remember in the double battle with your rival against Lance and Clair, it either knew Ice Fang or Ice Punch....probably Fang, as it never OHKO'd, whereas my own Feraligatr's Ice Punch OHKO'd (yes, I swapped for an identical starter to my rival)

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    Off-Topic:

Why Guitar Hero? Learn to play a real instrument!

I'm actually playing it to gain agility so I can play a real guitar (and drums, the only thing I doubt I could do in real life is singing). It works.

On Topic:

Okay I'll start tomorrow and get a Photobucket account. Thanks for the advices.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Off-Topic:

I'm actually playing it to gain agility so I can play a real guitar (and drums, the only thing I doubt I could do in real life is singing). It works.

On Topic:

Okay I'll start tomorrow and get a Photobucket account. Thanks for the advices.

Hey I play drums(the real ones) :)
    Anyway back on topic, I should start soon too, but I can't seem to push myself too do it! I just don't feel like it! :(
    Nevermind, I'll start sooner or later I guess...

tkallab

Years
    Piano, guitar and singing over here!

Anyway, I've decided that I'm gonna start today. But, draggy, you of all people should have the motivation to do this, you suggested the race challenge!

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
    I would actually like to learn to play a guitar, but I have to be able to afford to get one first. Although since I was in band, I do know how to play an instrument in real life.

And weird coincidence, I enter Falkner's Gym, and the next song in my music player ends up being the Gym theme from Red/Blue. O_o Would of been even creepier if it was Gold's gym theme instead, though. (Still, I got some decent progress for the time being considering I did most of it while I couldn't sleep last night, I should get back to my other project and finish that off before I work more on the game)

And not always does the person that suggest things have the drive to do it on that day. I've done things where I've suggesting projects and such elsewhere, and then on that day I feel like not doing it until later. It happens a bit honestly.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Off-topic, I play Guitar and Saxophone! (I can also drum to a song, but I'm not a drummer, [modesty]I'm just talented[/modesty]).

That is a creepy coincidence.....today, whilst playing squash, I squashed a massive spider! (we were aiming for the spider, kept missing, then I forgot and stood on it).

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
    What kind of Saxophone is it that you play? The one instrument I play is a Baritone, (Not the Bari Sax like many people think right away, but the actual Baritone itself.)

Well, at least you got him in some way or another.:cer_laugh:

tkallab

Years
    Yeah, you go, girl! Haha!
    I said I was gonna start today, but I'm trying to teach myself css at the moment, so it'll be tomorrow. Because learning comes before fun!

tkallab

Years
    I was totally imagining you being Shanaynay when you wrote that...
    And I'm afraid you made a miscalculation. Useless things always go before fun.

We're having severe off-topic problems here right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back