• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    They all were dragons to me! But Garchomp was a shark dragon while Dialga and Palkia were like interdimensional dragons.

I think Dragon is the type the creators use for divine beings that look savage, while Psychic is used for intelligent divine deings. Thoughts on this?

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Hm... I could agree with this, tkallab. It acctually goes along with one of my previous sentences that Dialga and Palkia are dragons just cause they're legendaries...

tkallab

Years
    Well, in that case Ken Sugimori and the other guys also decide the typings. I thought you were referring to them in the first place. Those bosses probably don't havr the slightest idea there's a Dragon type anyway.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    LOL
    OK, maybe I was a bit overdramatic there, but my point still stands. Even if Sugionri did make them Dragon types, he probably did that cause they're legendaries. If that's the case, then why not add Deoxys, Jirachi, Manaphy, and others in the Den. they're legendaries aswell, just that Gamefreak assigned them with other types.

tkallab

Years
    Well, simply because they're not Dragon types. In my opinion, all Dragon-types Pokémon should be considered dragons until the opposite has been proven very thoroughly.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Good point (Although I still think Altaria's a dragon, sorry. Although that's probably because it was my first ever dragon).

But draggy, if you're going to argue appearances and win....don't expect to be allowed to argue that your beloved Onokusu is a dragon, as that would be extremely hypocritical. Others could argue for it, but from the way you're stating your opinions, I would actually hate you for doing such a u-turn on dragons.

I guess I could expand on Tkallab's expression and say that it's a dragon unless it's been proven that it's very obviously something else - i.e. most people seemed to think Altaria was a bird (almost everyone except me), so it could go. Something where there's doubt, like the Sinnoh Trio, shouldn't be allowed to go.

Tribal Ebony

Blood is always satisfactory.
    Years
    Well, when I saw Garchomp for the first time, I was looking at it's head. It's like a hammerhead sharks' head! As for Dialga and Palkia, I kinda knew they were dragons, coz the elderly of Celestic Town and The Pokedex told me so.

EDIT: Oh, Xilifer, we are talking about what makes Garchomp, Dialga and Palkia look like dragons.

tkallab

Years
    Yeah, we're having yet another 'draggy and tkallab courtroom drama' situation as always.

And I'll always be in favor of Dragon-typed Pokémon being dragons until there's a very good reason for me not to. Dragon typing should always be the strongest argument in any of these discussions. It's the reason I think Tyranitar isn't a dragon but Ononokusu is.

By the way, I believe draggy said somewhere he thinks Tyranitar does belong in the Dragon's Den. I don't know his vote, of course, but if he voted Tyranitar in the Dragon's Den, he'd definitely have the right to be in favor of Ononokusu being allowed in.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes, I know, it's just the principles he's using to argue Dialga and Palkia out could also be applied to Onokusu....I'm well aware that the reasoning for voting Tyranitar in applies as well....

tkallab

Years
    Okay, so our strongest arguments are:

1. Palkia and Dialga are Dragon-typed;
    2. They're based on the dragons from the Shinto legends.

Facts.

Whereas draggy's arguments are:

1. They don't look like dragons to me;
    2. Their designers make the typings up as they go.

Opinions.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah......hopefully common sense prevails.........

But still, we have to remain respectful of all opinions......especially as Draggy owns about 3 different clubs (we're both in them all I think xD) and could boot us from them if we irritate him too much :P

tkallab

Years
    I'm only in the Bug Fan Club, and I'm the General there, so I won't be getting kicked out anytime soon, haha! Anyway, we're still friends I hope.

But all we I have been doing is making assumptions about draggy, while he's offline. Instead of focusing on draggy's arguments and replying to them while he's not here, let's make a pile of our own!
    ...Well, not now, my parents are gonna kill me if I don't go to bed now.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol, same. But idc :P

Some arguments to include Dialga and Palkia:

- Dragon-typed.
    - Partially based on mythical dragons.
    - Dragon-type signature moves.
    - Referred to collectively with Giratina as "the dragon trio"
    - Learn many dragon-type moves by level-up, tm and tutor, including Draco Meteor

I'll get more later...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back