• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Of course you can join! I did put a link to here in your welcome thread, after all.
    I'll put your page on my OP. :D

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
    Years
    Wondering if I can join??
    Favorite Dragons? Flygon, Red Gyarados and Charizard!
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber? Definately! They are so uber looking!
    Lance or Clair? Hmm, Lance, but Clair if they changed her clothes around.
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? Gyarados defs.
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form? Origin form! I just started watching the Sky Warrior movie and he looks awesome in that!
    Whats your Dragon Team? At the moment I only use 1 dragon, my Flygon, but you can see in my sig all the other Pokemon I have!!
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? Yes! Make him Ground/Dragon or Rock/Dragon. Not Ground/Rock, they are basically the same thing!
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Oh tough one! Either Lugia, Giratina or Dialga. Although I prefer not to use legendarys, excluding Red Gyarados (if that is considered Legendary) because they are so powerful, and I like using Pokemon that are sort of rare, maybe uber, but not legendary!

Hope I can join!! And so does Flygon!!!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    No, the red Gyarados is not legendary, don't worry xD

But welcome! Wow, we're getting more members.....

please read the first two posts so you know what's going on with all this voting on what to include!

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
    Years
    No, the red Gyarados is not legendary, don't worry xD

But welcome! Wow, we're getting more members.....

please read the first two posts so you know what's going on with all this voting on what to include!

Thanks, and I will read them now!
    *Looks at the first two posts*
    Whatever happened to short and sweet?!?! XD

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Now, now, boys, you know we'll stay friends, no matter what. :D
    But I wouldn't say that my only arguments were that "they don't look like dragons to me".
    Also, since I LOVE dragons, and I know almost everything there is to know about them, I've check up on that Japanese mith. In that myth it says that the Islands, alon with the pillar was created by ONE god-like creature, that once it has finished it's work, banished from this world. Now, I couldn't find much on it, but one of the descriptions says "the diety would be transforming into two different shapes, wich both represent the biggest trust in world. Those two were a soldier and his trusty horse." Also it said that this creature gave it's life to create the Pillar.
    This was from a book about ancient myths my sister has(she's studying mythology), so I'll just leave you guys to think about this a bit...

Oh, yeah...
    Owned.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    oooooh, that makes more sense now, so dialga is the trusty horse and palkia is the soldier, i get it.
    regardless, they don't seem like dragons i think, well they don't SEEM, but tkallab has a good point......they ARE dragons, i think i'll support tkallab on this one, because i remember one of us mentioning this, "we should never vote on pokemon that gamefreak has dubbed as dragon typed"
    and even if that WASN'T said and i was just HALLUCINATING, it's true.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Thanks, Xilfer.
    And draggy, in all versions of the myth I found, Izanagi and Izanami are a man and a woman. Izanagi even descended into hell to take back his wife after she died. Nothing is said about any horse and/or horseman.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Different convolutions of myths methinks.

Therefore, as there are different versions of events, they might as well be dragons! Certainly, Palkia hardly looks like a soldier, and Dialga is immune to foot & mouth disease, and therefore can't be a horse, can it?

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Is that supposed to be a horse joke, Amore? :/
    I haven't found that man and a Woman Myth, but i can't say for certain that it can't be interprented that way.
    But still, a man, a women, soldier and his horse, not one of those are even remote to dragons!!! LOL

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    So your saying Game Freak can't add some creativity?
    Anyway, you should look up Shinto Creation Myth.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    What if the "soldier" and "horse" are dragons in disguise for fear of being hunted by you draggy to extinction.

And yes, that is a genuine explanation by me.

Oh, and yeah, that was a hoarse joke xD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol. No, Silhouette, I started off voting (check my OP on page 1). And now we're arguing about just what Dialga and Palkia are (because they're obviously not a dragon/steel and dragon/water deity, are they?) :P

And yes, Draggy is outnumbered.

Oh, we also had about 4 new members in the last two days.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Centaurs!!

I think what he's basically saying is it makes more sense to make them into dragons than into humans and horses (in this world full of magical creatures, people are going to be a bit miffed if the deities are an ordinary person and a shetland pony, no?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back