• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Ok, another topic that is more suitable for tkallab.

Who is a better Dragon type user?

Lance?
    Drake?
    Iris?
    Shaga?
    Clair?

I think we've had this topic before...possibly, but we didn't include Iris or Shaga.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, I still don't include them as I refuse to accept the existence of Gen V until I own it :)

However, I'm not sure how you mean to classify them as "better" but I like Lance and Drake.

Clair is way too cocky (makes a change for a gym leader, at least) and dresses weird. Even Silver realised she was weird, and that's saying something...

Lance is the original, who had 3 Dragonite at one point, and I love every single one of his team members in both LeafGreen and HeartGold (first round).

Drake has the nostalgia factor for me - Although I was underlevelled, I always swept through the Elite Four in Emerald, only to be stopped by a combination of PP loss (thanks Phoebe) and his dragons being too strong, and me being stumped by the ones that weren't weak to Rock. He has some pretty good pokémon too, particularly when he has a Kingdra.

So, Drake and Lance are No.1, nobody shall ever overcome them, and I don't like Clair, although she'll probably outrank the Gen V ones (I have a feeling these games will be fun, but not favourites in any way)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Ok, i think Iris is dumb, she's a hair girl, even more of a hair girl than Marge simpson or Dawn's mom...
    her Kibago...well, i don't have much likeness for Kibago, i totally prefer it's evolutions, that thing better evolve FAST!
    All in all she SUCKS!
    as for wich is best, i like Lance and Drake too, Clair isn't bad either, but as Amore mentioned she's weird.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Well, I still don't include them as I refuse to accept the existence of Gen V until I own it :)

Ditto. Not to be confused with the Pokemon, Ditto.

I like Lance and Clair the best as dragon users. I wouldn't mind Drake if he had a back story or something, but. . .

Only one thing I can't stand about Lance -- he cheats so badly in GS and HGSS. >:(

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Oh c'mon, he cheats in R/B too, as he has Barrier...but I think that's the only time his cheating is wrong.

I mean, what good is a champion who has 1/2 of his team members as NFEs? And it feels much more epic taking on 3 Dragonite than it does taking on 3 Dragonair...

But I get your point. I just think Nintendo's artistic/game enhancing license makes it acceptable :)

Silhouette

Years
    Oh c'mon, he cheats in R/B too, as he has Barrier...

That's not as bad as having a level 40 Dragonite (Rocket Hideout). But in Blue Version, he did use a Full Restore or something like that after I attacked (item priority is higher than any attack o_O).

In short, Lance used AR.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Oh, I forgot about that...but still, would it look as cool if his Dragonair was following him? Admittedly it wouldn't be too bad if he had Aerodactyl (at least he could still fly that way), but c'mon, Dragonite and Lance go together better than me and pasta bake (And trust me, we got together well. I can eat a 50cm by 30cm by 10cm tray of that stuff).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2022
    can i join?

Favorite Dragons? Rayquaza, garados, latios, charizard, flygon, salamance, tyranitar, and most of all, dragonair
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber? Yes.....
    Lance or Clair? Lance, of course
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? either Rayquaza or Charizard
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form? Origin all the way
    Whats your Dragon Team? Tyranitar, salamance, kingdra, charizard, flygon, and dragonair
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? Yes!
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Latios

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    can i join?

Favorite Dragons? Rayquaza, garados, latios, charizard, flygon, salamance, tyranitar, and most of all, dragonair
    Whats your Dragon Team? Tyranitar, salamance, kingdra, charizard, flygon, and dragonair

Of course you can join - well, other owners have 24 hours to come up with a decent excuse to block you, but that's unlikely :P

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    can i join?

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay here. :)
    Hey, what's with bullying Lance, he's great, i kinda look up to him in G/S/C/HG/SS/CC
    CC Stands for ClearCrystal, if they ever make such a game i will pay 3000 dollars to the one who bet they are. Hehe, you owe me 3000 bucks. :P
    So anyways, i think we need a new topic this place will DIE of boredom if we don't:
    Altaria, state your opinion, what's acctually Draconic about this Dreambird?
    I think it's only a Dragon type because you need one early on, so Swablu to Altaria is pretty much perfect for a Dragon type in early game.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Except it's not early-game is it?

The earliest I've ever got one is literally the last battle before Fortree City (where Winona has an underlevelled Altaria in her Gym Battle) in Emerald. And that was overlevelled, at lv.35. It was ridiculous. Swablu are hard to train due to their mediocre stats and movepool, so they're not easy, not available early-on realistically either. Even in Platinum, you get them late-game. I think the fact that it breathes Fire makes it draconic...

But overall, it's not really a dragon. Then again, neither are Dialga, Palkia etc. but unlike Altaria, what are they? Dinosaurs, which're closest things we've got to Dragons. Altaria on the other hand is a bird.

But...who was slating Lance? I wasn't, and I didn't spot anybody else laying into him badly.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    What? Swablu is available pretty early on to me, if i play a pokemon R/S/E I always get to ATLEAST that part, and that's saying something.
    You were all talking about Lance being a cheater...Lance using a full restore is as much cheating as a Cool Trainer using full restore. :/
    But i think the topic i made is kinda crappy, let's do another one:
    Get 6 of the worst to use fully evolved Dragon Pokemon and stick them in order, worst to best.

Silhouette

Years
    Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay here. :)
    Hey, what's with bullying Lance, he's great, i kinda look up to him in G/S/C/HG/SS/CC
    CC Stands for ClearCrystal, if they ever make such a game i will pay 3000 dollars to the one who bet they are. Hehe, you owe me 3000 bucks. :P
    So anyways, i think we need a new topic this place will DIE of boredom if we don't:
    Altaria, state your opinion, what's acctually Draconic about this Dreambird?
    I think it's only a Dragon type because you need one early on, so Swablu to Altaria is pretty much perfect for a Dragon type in early game.
    We never really have seen what's underneath those cloudy... wing things of Altaria's. It could be just be fur over top of something Aerodactyl-like.

Just a thought. :P

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah. But if they ever show an Altaria without its cotton-like wings (in official artwork, or the anime/manga. Not some un-official thing), we have to review its dragon-likeness and see whether or not to bring it back into the den. Provided it wants to come, of course. I don't think they're proud like Prinplup...

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Of course, that's with a capital IF. XD

It's part of his body, not just some substance. It's his fur, so unless Pokémon is gonna get a whole lot more violent we're not gonna see it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2022
    In my opinion, if drake and lance, two of the greatest dragon tamers in the game,(well no dip, other than that its Clair and dragon tamer trainers) it should be considered a real dragon. Gyarados and Aerodactyl are dragons by our standards, yet they aren't technically dragonn.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    No, they technically just aren't the Dragon type. We're fans of Dragon Pokémon, not just Pokémon with the Dragon type.
    But yeah, that's one of our rules, if Lance uses a Pokémon on more than one occasion in all of the games, that Pokémon is automatically a Dragon.

Anyway, I still haven't answered the topic. I still think Lance is the best, because I know him the best. Maybe if Iris and Shaga become more recurring characters in a third game, I might like o e of them better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back