• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hmmm....I don't think I've ever owned a Flygon since 2006....I had a Shiny Vibrava though! That was epic...then I traded it away, and hopefully its' current owner realises how awesome it is :)

I think it's a Dragon...I don't know why, but then again, I still consider Altaria to be a dragon...it's been owned by Lance (in one instance), giving it as much right as Flygon...

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    Which is your favourite un-evolved non-legendary Dragon, and why?
    GIBLE. He is a stubby legged Ground Dragon, that has Jaws like a shark. What's not to like? <3

Do you like Satoshi's Gible in the pokémon anime, and would you have it evolve or not?

Is Satoshi's American alter-ego Ash? If so, then Gible was hilarious. In a recent episode (where Ash faces Conway) Gible Draco Meteor'ed Conway's Shuckle! And the episode "Gotta Catch A Gible!" Gible was fantastically funny. I would prefer him not to be evolved because I like Gible more than Garchomp, but then again, Ash needs some more Pokemon than just Infernape and Pikachu.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Hmmm....I don't think I've ever owned a Flygon since 2006....I had a Shiny Vibrava though! That was epic...then I traded it away, and hopefully its' current owner realises how awesome it is :)

I think it's a Dragon...I don't know why, but then again, I still consider Altaria to be a dragon...it's been owned by Lance (in one instance), giving it as much right as Flygon...

So you like shiny Vibrava too huh? cool, i like normal Vibrava but shiny Vibrava is awsome too!

Vibrava is a dragon because it's partially based on dragonflies and partly on Antlions, antlion baby stages live in sandy areas: Ground
    Dragonflies are..well..DRAGONflies: Dragon.

Edit: WOOHOO! I GOT NINJA'D! oh i haven't been Ninja'd in soooo long!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah...I guess.

Yes, Satoshi is Ash. I just put the japanese name because it sounds cooler xD

Do you like Satoshi's Gible in the pokémon anime, and would you have it evolve or not?

I like it! I'd kinda like it to evolve, but then again, Garchomp, Dragonite, Salamence etc. are shown to be undefeatable, and you just can't have that, because he has to lose to an absolute n00b in every region...except Hoenn. But he didn't have a rival in that...

I'd also miss his big mouth...the bite jokes are endless. Particularly using Draco Meteor to attempt to digest attempt to defeat Shuckle once he'd bitten it...

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    I'm afraid I can't say much on Ash' Gible, as I don't watch the anime. But Gibles in general are awesome, so I'm sure so is his.

No one interested in my topic..?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Post it again xD

I think your topic was too complex, mine was generic, and successful.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Do you think Reptillism is a condition for a pokemon to be dragon typed?

No, i mean look at Flygon, Vibrava and a bunch of others, they aren't reptillian, Vibrava and Flygon are based on Antlions and Dragonflies, explaining their type, but Dragonflies aren't reptillian either :P

Totally Ninja'd, YES!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Sorry if I haven't been active enough guy's, i'll try to be.

I actually found it very funny, like when it hit Piplup with Draco Meteor. I wish he could have evolved it whilst trying to teach it draco meteor like he did with Snowrunt and Ice beam. I hope he decides to bring it with him after Best wishes and evolve it fully to Garchomp.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hmmm...I've gotta admit, if I hear Gible evolves, I'll watch the anime again (I'm stopping after Sinnoh ends)

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
    Which is your favourite evolvable Dragon, and why?

Then I'll go for Dragonair. Same reason I picked Dratini before: I love snakes.

Years
    The way Gible's Draco Meteor always lands on Piplup is what I find funniest about Gible. xD Hmm.. I wouldn't mind if Gible evolved. Maybe it could rival Cynthia's Garchomp somewhere in BW. XP

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Never thought about that! After all, Cynthia appears in every region now! However, Ash's going for a "Fresh" start again, just like Nintendo - although Ash cheated, as he brought an overlevelled Pikachu (why it lost to a Snivy, I do not know. Sure, Iron Tail's not very effective and he couldn't use electricity (also not very effective), but Quick Attack ought to have KO'd it easily)

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Gah, sorry for inactivity, dying sucks. :P

Anyway, as for the topic, I don't want Ash's Gible to evolve. Maybe sometime in the future if he ever re-trains it (like his Cyndaquil), but I don't want him to have a Garchomp. It seems like once one of his Pokemon evolve, it loses its personality.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    You're right Amore, he DID bring over an overleveled Pikachu.....Hmph, stupid cheating sneak like this:

Puts Pikachu in bag
    Tells mom that has no pets with for new journey
    goes to isshu/unova whatevs.
    brings out pikachu
    pikachu loses electricity because of zekrom as punishment by mum!

Z-ing!!!

as for gible, having it evolve would have upsides and downsides, upsides is that it would LOOK way more awsome and probably be more powerfull, downsides is i would miss draco meteoring piplup :(

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I do wonder if the anime directors would do something really unusual and keep the old running gags associated with the base form once it's evolved, i.e. It'd be a super-powerful Gabite, but every time Draco Meteor wasn't aimed at an enemy in a battle, it'd hit Piplup - or one meteor would always hit Piplup xD

I mean, they delivered such a poor fate upon Turtwig after it evolved (did you know as a Grotle/Torterra, it has never survived a battle? It also has lost every battle against Paul, and didn't defeat a single opposing pokémon in the Sinnoh League), why not kill Gabite with Piplup-killer gag?

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    OMG! REALLY?1 I didn't notice that at all, poor Torterra :(
    y'know, it's about time Piplup evolved too doncha think, ash got chimchar way after dawn got piplup, and it's already infernape while Dawn still uses lowly piplup...acctually i barely see her use it....
    It would make an awsome Prinplup, right guys? with the whirlpool and all, and it would be even more funny because of the proudness that Prinplup are said to have, imagine Prinplup acting that way towards everyone.
    Edit: as for dragons....i don't have that much to say... I think i would miss Gible if it evolved...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, the proudness is the reason it didn't evolve...it uses Bide to store all its' evolution energy instead of evolving (because it'd met Kenny's Prinplup, I think). However, it should either be superpowered (I guess it kinda is), or evolve.

tkallab

Years
    Ummm, I don't think Piplup is a dragon.
    Anyway, I don't really watch the anime, but Gible evolving would make Ash way too strong, which we can't have of course because he can never win the league. I know that much.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Ummm, I don't think Piplup is a dragon.
    Anyway, I don't really watch the anime, but Gible evolving would make Ash way too strong, which we can't have of course because he can never win the league. I know that much.

Lol, point taken, how about a new topic:

What are your opinions on the new character Iris and her pokemon Kibago?

tkallab

Years
    My opinion is just neutral. It's kind of cool she has such a strong Pokémon so early on, but then on the other hand, bleh anime...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back