• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Extreme Gym League goes to Shoddy!

Years
  • Thank you, ABYAY. I'll be back on the server (aka get laptop & internet running instead of this business center computer) in 4-5 days, I doubt someone willl beat all of us by then, so that's good. And if someone does happen to reach me... Well, they'll just have to wait till I get back to Florida. >D

But yeah, thanks... and oh thats my favorite crystal, fits well if I do say so myself. ;P

Something I kinda want to bring to light... The thing with the Extreme Gym (Wifi) is the other challengers can't view the gym leaders team and thus kept secret. With shoddy, someone can easily spectate an official match and learn the gym leader's team and such, scout, and have an advantage when game time comes around.

How do we deal with such, moderate no scouting in the official gym battles, maybe please leave when someone enters? Or just let it fly and make us deal with making various teams for our gyms? Just something I've been thinking about lately...
    I'll be waiting to battle your team just for fun. >=) You can kick people yourself,Beachboy.You have the power to do so on PC's server.
    EDIT:It would actually be too hasty to just kick people because they accidentally watch.You must also celebrate my Shoddy battle record with me too,or else! >:)

Last edited:

Golden Shaymin

Taking a short break
    Years
  • well i'm pretty sure we can but the badges would have no meaning (for us gym leaders) like we should be able to collect them to show your skill for yourself as a gym leader but you wouldnt be able to claim a new spot or rank.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • you can't battle other gym leaders for their badges, but you can battle other gym leaders, even with their teams.

For now, Garchomp is legal, but I'm debating a change over it. I've gotten mixed responses over its use, and there's no clear-cut matches.

Also, Beachboy, there is sadly, no remedy for the "scouting a team" thing, but you can always switch up your team a little.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    That sucks we can't battle other leaders...Oh well.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Also, Beachboy, there is sadly, no remedy for the "scouting a team" thing, but you can always switch up your team a little.

Unfortunately, yeah.

Well... just to note, any fool that attempts to watch my official battles will be kicked. :D

Also, I agree we shouldn't be battling each other for our badges, only just fun or to help each other improve our teams, so yeah, no badges for leaders/Elite Four seems good to me.

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
  • But if you are a EGL member from the regular thread, and not one here than u can go and battle for a badge here. And if u are ot a gym leader over there than u can go and battle

bkzasazin

On the road to being a legend.
    Years
  • As im sure Charmandertoy2 has told mentioned for the next week or so ill be the STEEL gym leader so if anyone wants to battle PM me either on here or on shoddy...im on most of the time since i got introuble in school..only problem is im taking my GED tomorrow and thursday from 4pm-til bout 6pm so i wont be on from those times

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • I'll mention that you're subbing for him bk.

Gym leaders can fight other gym leaders and their teams, but not for a badge or anything to be placed. Sure, you could do a "off of PC" badge collection if you want.

For now, I got a few things to fix. Arch, I added you finally to the list. Sorry for the delay.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If we battled one of the Gym leaders before,are we allowed to watch their next gym battle?Since,what's the point in kicking someone for watching they already battled battle someone else?

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
  • I don't understand what's the big deal about knowing the teams.. eventually if the person loses he will battle the gym leader again and will know his team from their first battle. There's no point in disallowing spectators.

Back