• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Extreme Gym League goes to Shoddy!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • I don't understand what's the big deal about knowing the teams.. eventually if the person loses he will battle the gym leader again and will know his team from their first battle. There's no point in disallowing spectators.

There is a point to it. It's not battling and learning the team, it's spectating another battle that you aren't in and learning the team for the upcoming first battle.

Say...
    - I'm battling a person whom beat the first three and doesn't know my team.

- I'm battling a person whom beat the first three and does know my team from watching my battles with other people, not him/her.

No surprise factor the first go around is a disadvantage. Such as, Salamence, if you know the set... You know how to play it correctly. At the same time, you don't know the opponent's team. While they know what's coming, easier to predict and play.

There's really nothing we can do about it and I'm not attempting to sound like I'm in a whine type mood here, but the first go around knowing the gym leader's team just isn't right in my eyes. Meh...

Gym leaders and the Elite Four are like a school test. Wouldn't you do better on the test if you knew what the questions were the first time around? (Some tests you can retake *shot*) Knowing the team the second or extra times around is okay, just the first clash is iffy.

I know what it feels like for people to know your team, basically they know everything about it. You're at a disadvantage when you don't know your opponent's team while they know yours.

It doesn't really play a huge role, but it does play a factor. So... yeah. Unfortunately, we can't really do anything about it, but you can't say there's no point to it.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
  • That 'school' test doesn't mean anything if you can take it how many times you like.. no one is counting the wins/losses - eventually what matters is if you got the badge or not. It's not like you need to win a streak of 8 gym leaders to get to the E4. Basically, the surprise factor is moot because this isn't a tourney.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • That 'school' test doesn't mean anything if you can take it how many times you like.. no one is counting the wins/losses - eventually what matters is if you got the badge or not. It's not like you need to win a streak of 8 gym leaders to get to the E4. Basically, the surprise factor is moot because this isn't a tourney.

What I meant by the test is Gym leaders/Elite Four are here to 'test' a person's skill, they get a badge if they defeat them showing they had the skill/level of play to beat them.

Well... we can't do anything about it, so yeah, your right, but knowing the team before you two ever play isn't really a being a tough test really. And it matters in more of the Elite Four as you have to win streak against them, but yes they get to do it all over again. Look, I never said I disagree with you Sya, I said there is a point to it, as we're are testing them better, if they don't know what's coming first go around. We aren't counting wins/losses, correct, but at least giving them a true test first clash seems fit for an "Extreme Gym." The wifi version even has a rule about not leaking team information, so this is where that's coming from. You have to admit a battle is easier if you know what the opponent's team is. I know where your coming from, but if we're letting them see what's coming before they taste it, it's not really a true test of them. We can't do anything about it, so poo-ha, end of story so this discussion doesn't really matter anyway. XD

Anyway, off of that, I'm heading down to Florida in the next two days. :D So, I'll be back on the server running strong soon.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Anyway, off of that, I'm heading down to Florida in the next two days. :D So, I'll be back on the server running strong soon.

Grand...

I wish Blueberry was on the Shoddy 24/7/52 so he could kick people out of the stands of our matches... Which is of course is unrealistic, I am sure he would like to kick people out of out of our matches as he is a Shoddy EGL Gym Leader...

A Loc BK

4425 1371 5707
    Years
  • If you try to take over a gym and you succeed do you have to use their same type?
    example
    I take over a Fire Gym, can i change it to ghost?

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    If you try to take over a gym and you succeed do you have to use their same type?
    example

That depends... it's up to Sabrina... But really, I am sure you can change the type as long as the type is different from any of the other gyms...

Golden Shaymin

Taking a short break
    Years
  • can we make it so there are more people involved and that there is Gym trainers
    the catch is they can only use 1st and 2nd stage pokemon or 3rd stage pokemon but with their type

eg. Syaoran is the poison type gymleader

these battles are for competitor

1st battle versus Gym Trainer number (must have 4 poison type pokemon)
    2nd battle versus Gym Leader Syaoran (must have 3 poison type pokemon)

Gym trainers need to take note who beat them and pass on who beat them every day to the leader (gym leaders need to know if they have beaten the gym trainers) to battle them

idea or no idea?

Syaoran

Years
  • I'm quitting my gym.. Poison sucks ass. When I think about it, I don't have a single Poison poke on any type of -decent- team I've ever made, even Gengar, which is so overrated. Having 3 of these **** pokes is a bit too much for me I guess.

Bye bye.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • If it's okay, I'd like to replace Syaoran. XD I can work with Poison or I can get a different type. Whatever works best. :P

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • I'll get back to you on that Clade.

Syaoran, since nobody has defeated your gym that I know of, I'll give you one last time to be able to swap gym types. The only good poison types I can think of instantly are Gengar, Crobat, and Weezing, but you'd need a whole lot of psychic resists like Metagross. If you decide to pretty much quit, then Clade will have your position.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
  • what happens if you battle and defeat gym leader and they arn't using there "gym" team?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • It wouldn't count since they are breaking this rule:

- A gym leader must use at least 3 pokemon that share a type with their affiliated gym. This means that for a Ground type gym, if Hippowdon, Rhyperior, and Dugtrio are all on that team, then it is a correct ground-type gym. Also, it MUST share a type. Gyarados on a dragon team does NOT count as one of the 3 required dragons (although it can still be used.)

So yeah. XD

Syaoran

Years
  • I got beaten very easily by 2 members already so yea I quit it. I don't think I can find a place for either of the poison types pokemon you mentioned because they're pretty much bad in my eyes.

Maybe generally I can't limit myself.. so anyway, clade can take the spot.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • If you try to take over a gym and you succeed do you have to use their same type?
    example

Over at the wifi EGL, I asked this same question when I wanted to taker over Silver's spot and change to water. I got that, but the answer is I got first off is no. And only got water because Silver quit. period. So, if a gym leader quits, I believe you can change, if not... I don't think you can, that type stays. It's kinda, I guess, case by case. So... Mmm... It's up to ABYAY, really.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • If you overtake a gym, the badge can not be changed. I'm tempted to change this rule to where you must use 3 of the type of gym you want to take over, to show something that says "Hey, I'm a superior type leader over you. Move out of the way."

Back