• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Extreme Speed Open Tournament - Rules and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    I'm going to have to drop out of the tourney.

It was a good run though. Thanks for the battles.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Im rather lazy so ill ask. is round 2 double elimination? And how will prizes be distributed?

Round two we have a few ideas for, but we're focusing on getting to that 16 (or heck, at least 12) people. Right now, we have either that (double elimination) or round robin groups of four with the leader in each going to a standard bracket semi-final which i think would work out the smoothest.

SOMEBODY on the judging panel seems to think any kind of groups is a big no-no, haha, which I understand the perspective of but I really think that's our best option to get the tournament finished and start up anew.

Prizes, will most likely be divided like first place gets choice of 6, second place gets 4, etc. We'll figure it out when the finals come around.

As our first running of the Extreme Speed Open, a lot of things are in the test stage. For instance, we'll most likely lower the BP count from 10 to 8 next tourney and lower the starting value from 4 to 3, etc.

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
  • Im favoring the back to back double elimnation because hax often ruins the plans of battle and to make it quick without stall they will be back to back(with team switches if needed)

that way your victory will be earned fairly

Not to be a bother but whats round robin?

edit: nvm I see

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Sure you can :) Make sure you read ALL THE RULES before you start any matches.

We're happy to accept new members in the next week to make up for our drop outs. Make sure you're active! You start with 4 BP and you'll need 10 to reach round two.

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
  • I made sure to read everything, and don't worry, I'll make sure to drop by every now and then for battles daily

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Day Five Matches
    Smarties-chan def. ADD Pikachu
    POKEMASTERALEX def. Sims796
    mystery def. POKEMASTERALEX
    sims796 def. POKEMASTERALEX
    Jowood withdraws

Battler of the Day
    POKEMASTERALEX: A burning passion for Pokemon added to some epic matches on day 5 of the tournament: what more can I ask for in an entrant? Win or lose, round two would be shameful not to include him. If only he weren't so stingy with BP wagers ;)

Well guys, we're getting some solid match results in each day, unfortunately since most of them lean toward 1-2BP we see a lot of see-saw activity with the standings. On top of that, we aren't getting as many active fighters as we'd hoped and we sure as Jumpluff don't want to toss half our list out for inactivity! For those of you finding trouble getting matches, even if you have checked in, I send this message to the 1/2BP people. Just go for it! Win or lose, this tournament is for taking risks.

Just a big heads up reminder to everyone EVEN IF YOU ARE ELIMINATED YOU CAN STILL PLAY A LUCKY LOSER MATCH. Battle someone who is also knocked out and if you come out the victor, you'll receive two BP to bring you back into the games.

On Tuesday we'll be shuffling the list and offering up some different BP things so be sure to check in. Those who have yet to participate or try to grab a match will be eliminated and their BP will be put into the Point Pool for grabs from Lucky Losers/a new Lottery we might be installing.

AND HEADS UP EVERYBODY! We've got a sick-nasty idea for round two that's going to knock your socks off, so make sure you get battling and qualify. We might lower the second round start-up point from 16 fighters to 12, so hurry up and be one of the possible 12!

Last edited:

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
  • o o my guess is for round two is.

you battle and win(or lose) and by however many pokemon you have left that goes to your total score untill you reach a point to enter the semi finals

starting with a certain ammount of points you can lose them if you lose a battle(by however much they win)
    and you battle untill you reach score limit and enter the semis

thats my guess *cough* idea

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • haha thanks mystery! I think we've got anther unique idea for round two though :-D Don't worry you won't be disappointed.

We are still thinking about round 3 though

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • i was just battling D-Puff and he had masterballed shinies are they allowed? because our battle ended with a communication error

EDIT: nvm we rematched and i won 6-0 for 2 points so im in the 2nd round

Well I guess the loss is punishment enough, the points would have gone to assassin anyway. Congrats on round two!

Let's just not have it happen again, or a DQ might be in order O.O

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back