• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Extreme Speed Open Tournament - Rules and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
  • I wouldn't mind joining. But Can someone tell me when it starts?

No problem, Devin. We'll do a mass PM a week before November 1st to remind everyone the tournament will begin that Saturday.

Glad to have you aboard!

EDIT: We'd also like to tell everyone to please give our thread a 5 star rating! Some lame-o must have given us a 1 at one point so currently we have 4 stars..it's just despicable. XD

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • =O Two days since the last post? Unacceptable!

So....we're at 26 entrants. Not bad....but we're gonna need...well...more XD.

Make sure you guys are spreading the word! Our goal of 60 entrants seems lofty, but I'm positive we have at least that many good battlers here, if not more.

We'll try to get the prize post updated so it shows the prizes for this tournament and not the last one >.< (hint hint Alex). That-a-way you guys can see some of the great prizes we have so far. (It'll definitely be worth it to enter XD)

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • =O Two days since the last post? Unacceptable!

So....we're at 26 entrants. Not bad....but we're gonna need...well...more XD.

Make sure you guys are spreading the word! Our goal of 60 entrants seems lofty, but I'm positive we have at least that many good battlers here, if not more.

We'll try to get the prize post updated so it shows the prizes for this tournament and not the last one >.< (hint hint Alex). That-a-way you guys can see some of the great prizes we have so far. (It'll definitely be worth it to enter XD)

Seriously, that boy is going to get his teeth to the curb when I'm done with him..PC is a website. No wifi required. Yeesh, he can't seriously be away from his Macbook that long...

....He doesn't read this, right?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • sing me too.....

I'm ready for any challenge

Sure thing, Seph. Make sure you stick around this time. >_<

Can't wait for this to get started! ._.

Haha, I'm sure, the waiting will just raise the fiery battling heat in everyone, though. ;)

Besides, don't you have 52% more of your team to complete? :P

MasterUmbreon

Just see if you can keep up
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Sign me up as well

What do you got two tournaments going on here? This one and the The Extreme Speed Tournament 2 or they both the same tourney?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Sign me up as well

What do you got two tournaments going on here? This one and the The Extreme Speed Tournament 2 or they both the same tourney?

They are both the same tournament. The sign-up thread is just to let people know that we're accepting entrants at the moment.

Thanks for joining by the way ^_^

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • They are both the same tournament. The sign-up thread is just to let people know that we're accepting entrants at the moment.

Thanks for joining by the way ^_^

I told you that would be confusing/unnecessary but noooooo

Ahem..a reminder to all of our entrants! Please don't hesitate to check out the Extreme Speed Champions Tour! Our current stop in Viridian City over there is in the Finals of both singles and doubles, so sign-ups for the next week's bracket will begin when that finishes.

If you haven't read up on the Tour, you compete in standard bracket tournaments (unlike this main Extreme Speed tournament, which is unique in battle style and rounds ;) ) and they usually consist of 8 or 16 entrants. You can enter these mini-tourneys while you're waiting for the main tournament to begin OR if you get knocked out early in the main tournament, you always have the smaller ones to jump into.

The Extreme Speed Champions Tour offers a ranking system with seedings at larger "events". The Tour is held over 11 tournament "weeks" (not literal weeks-just for the sake of organization) and there are 17 stops to compete in. Players compete for ranking points to improve their position on the board and qualify for the season ending Championships! The top eight singles and doubles fighters will compete in a round robin format for the shot at ESCT glory. Good luck, have fun, and make sure to spread the word about the Extreme Speed Open!

crazyq11

HI Glad to meet you =)
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    lol thank you umm the day the tourney starts are u gnna post our opponent or pm it to us?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • lol thank you umm the day the tourney starts are u gnna post our opponent or pm it to us?

Try reading the entire rules post...this isn't the average bracket tournament. On November 1st we'll open a topic for battles, you'll be able to battle anyone in the tournament for BP (battle points.) Please check the rules out and let me know if you have questions.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • lol thank you umm the day the tourney starts are u gnna post our opponent or pm it to us?

We'll PM you when the tournament is going to begin.

And you should read up on those rules ;D....This isn't a standard bracket tournament. The first post of this thread should answer all of your questions.

crazyq11

HI Glad to meet you =)
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    ok lol i read them i was getting confused with these rules n pc wifi tournament rules a little when i posted im sorry but ok so a soon as the tournament starts i battle with everyone till i loose all my BP or get 8 BP?
    i know its in the first post but just to clear it right so i understand

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • ok lol i read them i was getting confused with these rules n pc wifi tournament rules a little when i posted im sorry but ok so a soon as the tournament starts i battle with everyone till i loose all my BP or get 8 BP?
    i know its in the first post but just to clear it right so i understand

Yep! That's how it works, you'll start off with 3BP and you can wager either 1, 2, or 3 battle points in a match. Lose them all and you've been knocked out, win more and you just need to get to 8BP to reach round two. ;)

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
  • lol. ill be donating again.(and coming early bcuz ppl kept knockin ppl out too fast)
    better find something worthwhile again.

avaliable
    bagon(dd)
    shroomish

if i get lucky ill get this mudkip in time

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back