• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The final boss in this game sucks

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
  • My friend got the game imported, and he showed me the battle against Red. To say the least, I liked the inclusion of Lapras. They are making this Red more like Ash. The original Red was based in the guy in Pokemon Special, explaining why he had an Espeon.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Espeon could be the Eevee from Celadon.
    The fact it evolved into Eevee could reflect the fact that there was no night in R/B/Y/FR/LG
    The latter part I'm not quite sure with... the fact they went without a day-night system in FR/LG or RBY is why it's an Espeon? IDK, just seems a bit iffy for me, I suppose. =/ Can't say that they mean for Kanto in FR/LG to have eternal sunshine. Plus along with the fact in FR/LG you couldn't get either Espeon or Umbreon directly, if memory serves, but you had to trade to RSE instead. (But obviously the Eevee-in-Celedon thing stands and all that jazz).

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    Red from Special didn't have an Espeon until after GSC came out. Red is based on no one.

correct, Red is supposed to be the character you played as is the generation 1 games of which Ash is based off of.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jul 9, 2018
    it still doesn't change the fact that most opponents ingame are too easyly defeatable and mostly the AI sucks

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • it still doesn't change the fact that most opponents ingame are too easyly defeatable and mostly the AI sucks

Sure, but that's not the topic of this thread. =P Again as well, the game IS aimed at kids, so an easy AI is only to be expected at times. One does wish for, say, a Hard mode, at times though... When I battled Red his AI didn't seem off, really, but it might have just been my battle with him using a rather underlevelled team for the heck of it. *shrug*

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I really liked Red's team in GSC but i wanted to know why the hell he had an Espeon it just seemed out of place where as the Lapras is a really nice touch. I mean yeah Lapras is a water type but is also an ice type so it can help Red against the Garchomp users.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • To be fair. I can't remember Ash ever having a Espeon. I always thought they put Espeon in to advertise the two new eevee evolutions. Ash i think is better with lapras in my opinion.

Years
  • To be fair. I can't remember Ash ever having a Espeon. I always thought they put Espeon in to advertise the two new eevee evolutions. Ash i think is better with lapras in my opinion.

It's not Ash, it's Red.

I guess Ash did indirectly influence Red, since his team is based on Yellow which is based on the Anime, but they're different.

lucario072

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Red has two water Pokemon now. He was awesome with an Espeon. Why did they have to change it? Way to fail Game Freak.

Discuss how Red was better in G/S/C.
    1) So what if he has 2 water pokemon hes still strong as hell
    2) Gamefreak didnt fail, you just want somthing to whine about
    3) Hes better in HG/SS than G/S/C

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    1) So what if he has 2 water pokemon hes still strong as hell

Maybe the OP is just a really huge Espeon fan and is upset he wont get to battle a high lvl one anymore

Years
  • 1) So what if he has 2 water pokemon hes still strong as hell

No. Way to use the most tired rebuttal in history. I didn't look through all the data I could find about this game until I found something to whine about. I was browsing Red's page on Bulbapedia and I saw the Lapras and I said "wtf".

I'm sure there's something you don't like in the game.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • There are quite a few people who are upset in Red's minor change in his roster, but what was done this time around does make legit sense. For one, with him being found at the peak of Mt. Silver with the hail effect, it gives one of his Pokémon immunity. Not to mention, like in RBY, Red was given a Lapras in Silph Co. so it adds up on how he got on this time. Yes, it's a change, not all may like it, but it is what it is.

For me, I like the change, it actually makes sense unlike some things that get fixed around in a remake. For others, this may differ unfortunately.

Years
  • The lapras makes little difference, sure, there is not a perfect balance, but now his whole team is based of the pokemon he is given in yellow version, plus with the hail at the top of the mountain, and the fact lapras knows blizzard makes it deadly in battle, I still struggled with red, I still think he is really hard and awesome :D
    ^This. Pretty much /thread, to be honest. Even though Eevee was also a gift pokemon in R/B/Y, Lapras is better equipped for hail. Only thing is, I always thought that last room was INSIDE the mountain. o_O Oh well, it still looks cool, no pun intended. :P

Since this battle is free-level, it really wouldn't make much difference changing movesets/pokes, anyway; at least not to more experienced trainers. It's already a challenge for younger players, in fact, more of a challenge than it was in the originals with the level difference. And really, water/ice has better type coverage than Psychic anyway, but yes, I agree that it's somewhat redundant. I'll go ahead and admit that my first reaction was indeed "wtf", but almost immediately I realized "Oh. Hail-Blizzard combo." No biggie, really. I'm just happy they didn't lower the levels. That would be fail.

Years
  • Red is still the awesome trainer he was in the G/S/C games. At first I was annoyed that they got rid of Espeon and replaced it with Lapras, but eh oh well. He's still tough.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Uhh...seeing as it's meanta be like the protagonist out of R/B/Y/FR/LG, despite a lot of influence from As(s)h(ole), i think Lapras is good, especially with the hail.

Although, if you ask me, he should have Red off the manga's team in a rematch with him, where the levels change (Poli swaps levels with Pika, etc.)

Still, i think we should all be happy that there's an extremely strong in-game trainer to battle (wish you had Gold/Silver/Crystal turn up in LeafGreen and FireRed on Sevii islands).

BUT, what about a Shiny Espeon, wouldn't that be the coolest?

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
  • I love red. I don't see a problem with him or his team.

Just appreciate what he's got: he's going to be a challenge no matter what.

Back