• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    mmm. this thread is slowly drying up, isn't it? Since the big news... I really hope they improve the graphics. Zoroark's back sprite is even worse than HG/SS back sprites, and the grass in the factory area pic is just blah.

It's in Late Alpha or Early Beta...Yeah they are gonna update everything

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    Looks like everyone is ignoring my posts now...

I hate you all...
    hahaha join the club! though its something thats always happened to me. XD

mmm. this thread is slowly drying up, isn't it? Since the big news... I really hope they improve the graphics. Zoroark's back sprite is even worse than HG/SS back sprites, and the grass in the factory area pic is just blah.
    i actually like the look of that grass. XD it looks all sketchy like one of the themes in katamari TRIBUTE. but yeh i can see wat u mean by the sprites, and i've got the feeling that they wont change it. im rly confused about the gameplay. some screen shots show that u can see the whole back of the pokemon while other screenies show just the normal layout like other games.
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I see nothing wrong with Zoroarks back sprites, it has got to cope with constant resizing and stuff.

anyways, Pokemon Sunday is almost here, get ready to see some brand new footage.

I'm still hoping for either some battle music reminiscent of Motoi Sakuraba's works or some really Jazzy battle music.

Last edited:

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I see nothing wrong with Zoroarks back sprites, it has got to cope with constant resizing and stuff.

anyways, Pokemon Sunday is almost here, get ready to see some brand new footage.

I'm still hoping for either some battle music reminiscent of Motoi Sakuraba's works or some really Jazzy battle music.

What time (Japanese time) does Pokemon Sunday come on?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    How do they creep you out... is it the noise they make... it is quite destubing but not as much as it's pre evo... or is it the fluid that comes out of it's pre evo when it's hugged...
    Well hope this is the only in game event... though I must admit I personally like them but considering most can get them I don't want too many or I would feel bad do to fellow fan feeling left out...

Gastrodon isn't scary to me, if anything Kricketune beats it by scariness hands down. Nothing is more frightening than having a kricketune sneak up on ya and let out its hideous screech...i'd drop dead from a heart attack XD.

No more weird pokemon noises in black and white! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruInKeZu_xs

We could have a squirrel that's a lot like gastodon, actually in the grand canyon area there are two diffrent types of squirrels that evolved diffrently over time due to them not having contact with the squirrels on the other side of the canyon...
    Speaking of Gastodon, who thinks that it will show up in Isshu, and what color would it be... I hope it's orange I want a orange colored Gastrodon!

Insead of using Sinnoh pokes for fillers on the pdex they should use ones from Hoenn. Actually a few hours ago I was battling that first guy in the elite four on SS, forgot his name, and he sent out his grumpig and I remembered how awesome grumpig is and now I want one :D. But then right after that I thought 'pokabu' and yeah it and grumpig for some reason to me look as if they could have similar apperances if Pokabu evolves into a short, pig that stands on its hind legs.

Last edited:

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    speaking of that do we have someone who is gonna post whatever they reveal on pkmn sunday on here? I tried last week but it didn't go so well.

I'll try to get some screenies of important stuff and edit them and stuff (cut out the extra bits) and post them after the show ends...

BTW Thanks for the Japanese time :) unlike the other dude that gave me EST

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    speaking of that do we have someone who is gonna post whatever they reveal on pkmn sunday on here? I tried last week but it didn't go so well.

got it covered :)
    i'll record the entire episode, but the quality is gonna suck since i'm using hyper cam 2
    and i'll be sure to take pics
    you'll just need to give me 15 mins after the show ends to edit out all the useless stuff (that's not info)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    It seems like we will get a new pokemon in the next issue of corocoro. Wonder what it would be... maybe the mascots and the cover art!

Hmmm, well I don't know after revealing the starters and all this other info this week I don't expect a lot more. Though in the coming weeks I expect:

-Full map of Isshu region
    -Cover art
    - Evos of starters
    - A few new pokemon revealed (maybe another 5-10 tops imo before b&w comes out)
    -Maybe some news on how to obtain Zoroark?
    - Release dates of black and white revealed

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Hmmm, well I don't know after revealing the starters and all this other info this week I don't expect a lot more. Though in the coming weeks I expect:

-Full map of Isshu region Maybe just concept art of it
    -Cover art Yes
    - Evos of starters Not happening
    - A few new pokemon revealed (maybe another 5-10 tops imo before b&w comes out) Maybe 1 a month...
    -Maybe some news on how to obtain Zoroark? Trade over pokes and boom look who it is...
    - Release dates of black and white revealed When they are done

My comments in bold...

IDK what quality my pics will be in but i expect something like the pic of the guy with the knife I never got my answer to...

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i expect 1 or 2 new towns names and features revealed in the next few weeks

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Originally Posted by PiPVoda The Generation Five Speculation Thread

-Full map of Isshu region Maybe just concept art of it
    -Cover art Yes
    - Evos of starters Not happening
    - A few new pokemon revealed (maybe another 5-10 tops imo before b&w comes out) Maybe 1 a month...
    -Maybe some news on how to obtain Zoroark? Trade over pokes and boom look who it is...
    - Release dates of black and white revealed When they are done

My comments in bold...

IDK what quality my pics will be in but i expect something like the pic of the guy with the knife I never got my answer to...
    __________________My comments in bold...

perhaps I should rephrase what I meant. by coming weeks I mean weeks+months. We will have the release dates by early August or possibly even July imo. If the games are coming out in fall, more than likely septemer in Japan, then they can reveal the release dates before revealing more pkmn, and other info about the games.

the final evos of the starters will definitely be here before the game comes out. I guess they will either be leaked sometime this summer or in August or maybe Nintendo will decide to show them beforehand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back