• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i'm loving the names :)
    no idea what one i want to get though

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    Hopefully the theme is Night & Day, and instead of a trio, we could get the first quartet(?)... the Seasonal Dragons. Dragon/Grass (Spring), Dragon/Fire (Summer), Dragon/Ghost (Fall) and Dragon/Ice (Winter)
    that would be so awesome!!

if that happened..finally we would get a fire/dragon type

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I love the logos, I'm not so crazy about the names, however...

I can't wait to see the Coro-Coro scans, though, so I can see what the game will be like. :3

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Haha, I can imagine the awkward conversations. You got white version? Yeah, you would, wouldn't you?

I love the names. Black and White does sort of give the feeling that they are returning to the past. They also give me the feeling the story line might be darker than the other games.

Just what I predicted. I truly see a darker story line coming (and the death of the light type idea) and also a lot of 2012 freaks wigging out. (Arceus movie theme and now this)...

I'm thinking or Moon/Sun Legendaries? It's the most logical.

Eclipse Legendary as 3rd?

Im seeing a whole Yin Yang thing going on... based on the logos.

I seriously don't expect the third installment to be Gray... even though I have said so in the past. This gen needs some color so maybe Rainbow? Haha

Rainbow would be my preference but the names is most likely copyrighted already and I don't think Rainbow is...

Hopefully the theme is Night & Day, and instead of a trio, we could get the first quartet(?)... the Seasonal Dragons. Dragon/Grass (Spring), Dragon/Fire (Summer), Dragon/Ghost (Fall) and Dragon/Ice (Winter)

Team Dusk Team Dawn, Team Night Team Day, Team Dark Team Light, or maybe just a simple Team Twilight.

PKMN Black and PKMN White are simple names. I like them. I'm calling PKMN Black right now though. The logos for these games are simply amazing, and I'm liking how things are going so far. However, the names, and whatever happens in the game doesn't worry me or interest me much right now. I'll think about that as I see more.

I'm actually more envious to know what the name of the region will be called, the cities, and the three starters. Those are the things I'm really looking forward to as it stands currently.

...and I guess the game mascots as well. :3 I do agree on the whole ying/yang idea though. It seems pretty substantial as far as things are looking.

So basically instead of repeating a bunch of other peoples ideas I just quoted them. All those quote caught my eyes as awesome or likely possibilities. In my mind at least. Meant to quote BobandBill too but whatever, I've got enough. :P

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
  • I like Black and White, although it sounds so... different. I honestly don't know what to expect now, apart from the unexpected (and an epic Dunsparce evo).
    Pokemon Grey, on the other hand, sounds pretty ugly. You used to be able to buy Pokemon Marbles, too, so I don't like that one either. That leaves Pokemon Rainbow (erm...) and Pokemon Mercury (because it sounds pretty cool). Or Pokemon Oreo, or Pokemon Swirly or Chocolate or Latte or God knows what else.
    I can't wait.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Sweet. I sorta hope there'll be a Light type. That would be pretty sweet. Maybe it could be weak to Dark and Psychic or something. The names are nice and simple. It gives you the feeling of good V.S. evil. The logos are awesome. I hope the American ones are just as good.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Phew, I'm back. The flu sucks.

I'm getting the feeling something epic is gonna go down with these games. It's not just the new-game euphoria I got from HGSS either.

I really don't know what they're gonna do with it, though. A little more exposition is all I need. Come on, Ninty...

That's right, I get new-game euphoria. Don't you judge me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2011
    If there will be a second region, it won't be johto, because it's next to kanto and then the game would be too big if kanto would be included too. Maybe sinnoh, but there are three sinnoh games already. There will probably be something like the battle zone or the sevii islands, but maybe there should be like 4 gyms or something.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • If there will be a second region, it won't be johto, because it's next to kanto and then the game would be too big if kanto would be included too. Maybe sinnoh, but there are three sinnoh games already. There will probably be something like the battle zone or the sevii islands, but maybe there should be like 4 gyms or something.

HG/SS still did Kanto, and that was the sole region in 6 games. 8 games over all if you include the original of GS.

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
  • We're talking about a second region and we're concerned that it might contain Kanto or some other region? At minimum, as it stands every region has been covered in at minimum three games (Hoenn and Sinnoh) and at maximum 11 games (Kanto).
    If Game Freak was feeling like they wanted to be speedy with this generation, they'd just throw Hoenn right into the Gen V as a second region and forego the remakes. That way they'd have more time to develop for the next generation and get it on the Nintendo 3DS.
    However, I doubt that will be the case. If there is a region which has merit to be reintroduced, it would be Hoenn, as it is the last region only available on GBA catridges. Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh are all represented on the DS, which will be compatible with the N3DS.
    Frankly, I wouldn't be too keen on worrying about two regions. They're nice when we have them, but I'd rather Game Freak try out new ideas to try and make the games have better continuing/replay value.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    I'm gonna go with Pokemon Shade for the 3rd one. Most people see black and white not as colours, but as shades, so why not call the 3rd one Shade? I think it sounds pretty cool. That's just my opinion though.

And I agree that it does feel like this generation is going to be very different. The logo and the simple names (as well as quotes from GF) suggest things are going to be very surprising IMO.

As for what happens after the Elite Four (man I hope that's scrapped, sorry fans), I hope there are a few islands or something to explore, possibly something similar to the Orange Islands where we have 4 gyms to complete, but not by battling.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • We're discussing the 2nd region, right ?
    Since BW were announced (we need a shorter thinga !), I think that they will probably throw in a SINGLE, huge region . It says "Revellation of Pokemon Games ..." we had 2 regions in games and mediumly sized single regions .
    And by huge, I mean a bigger gap beetween gyms so we can do more things. Throwing in two evil teams would also change most things, sorta RS thing .
    I'd go with 1 region . It also says that "a huge amount of new Pokemon shall be revealed, but we'll have references of the other Pokemon too" . This would probably mean that backwards-compatibilty will be exploited, sorta GSC Time Machine, but jhere we have BW *insert transferring name here* from DPPtHGSS .
    Any opinions ?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    HG/SS still did Kanto, and that was the sole region in 6 games. 8 games over all if you include the original of GS.

Kanto has featured in:

- Red
    - Green
    - Blue
    - Yellow
    - Gold
    - Silver
    - Crystal
    - FireRed
    - LeafGreen
    - HeartGold
    - SoulSilver

That's 11 games that this single region has appeared in :cer_eek: It's not wholely unlikely a region we've already visited will be a secondary region in Black and White. We'll know more though on April 14.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • A big region....

YESH.

Probably the size of Kanto/Johto, but with more routes and water routes no?

Okay, do you have an atlas with you ...
    If no, check Googlemaps or something .
    Imagine an USA State (smaller ones) or Romania, my home country . Take its size, switch it, add water, etc. etc. then place MORE cities and town than usual . Also, 8 Gym Leaders scattered around and you get the result .
    So you can have like 2 towns or at least 1 beetween the Gyms . Also, I'd like the evil team to be more lasting. I beat TR in HeartGold in a blast ... I still have the Cerulean grunt, but this is my wish : A REGION AND A (TWO) LONGER LASTING EVIL TEAM(S) !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back