• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well from what othr people say, gold and silver was for the gameboy and crystal was for the gbc... soooo

What do you guys think? maybe the sequal to these new games will be on the 3DS? thats what im thinking :P

That's exactly what I think... and it has to be amazing too... probably gonna be the biggest title on the 3DS for a while, and honestly I won't get a 3DS until a Pokemon game comes out on it (or until a red one comes out :P)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Somebody was listening to me. :p Buildings that look as big on the outside as they could be on the inside.
    Epic pictures are epic, but that cave is still in Gen4 style... It'd be even better to see a first person camera now.

As far as the 3DS goes, I think BW are going to be DS primarily, perhaps with some extra features when used on the 3DS. It's not like they'll make the third exclusive to a different sys-

*Crystal*

Okay, forget I said that.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Somebody was listening to me. :p Buildings that look as big on the outside as they could be on the inside.
    Epic pictures are epic, but that cave is still in Gen4 style... It'd be even better to see a first person camera now.

What do you mean by "first person camera"? You mean first person point of view? Cause if you are, I would seriously hate that. XD

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    What do you mean by "first person camera"? You mean first person point of view? Cause if you are, I would seriously hate that. XD
    I think he means somthing like this:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Wahoooooo!... no seriously... kinda suckish!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • 1st person would never work in a Pokemon game...excluding Snap, Hey You Pikachu and Channel.
    It just wouldn't seem right at all

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    yeah they arent doing first person as you can see from the screenshots. those are screenshots during gameplay like always they know itd ruin the game

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • nah !!.....Pokemon in first person ?? ..sorry not for me...birds eye is best for pokemon

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I mean, the ability to stop and look at something in first person. Not playing the entire game like that. I agree, that wouldn't work.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    the kind of position in grand theft auto where its not first person but its right behind the person would be neat. if they found a way to make that for a handheld consle in pokemon id pee myself.

like this

DarkJ

HOUNDOOM FTW! :D
    Years
  • the kind of position in grand theft auto where its not first person but its right behind the person would be neat. if they found a way to make that for a handheld consle in pokemon id pee myself.

like this

I LIKE IT :D

still waiting on a decent Wii full Pokemon RPG, if they did one I'd want it to be at that angle. *dreams* it'd be so
    good!

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
  • Hurray, screenshots on serebii!
    The 3D looks a lot better. And shops in the pokemon center?
    Also, you can also kinda see the new Gen 5 characters (Only overworld of course). They look kinda odd to me :\

DarkJ

HOUNDOOM FTW! :D
    Years
  • Hurray, screenshots on serebii!
    The 3D looks a lot better. And shops in the pokemon center?
    Also, you can also kinda see the new Gen 5 characters (Only overworld of course). They look kinda odd to me :\
    We know :P
    I think they look a bit out of place... Well obviously because they're more 2D than the city in 3D, but I don't know they don't look right haha. A better screenshot will probably get that idea out of my head. Or even better... A nice gameplay video on Pokemon Sunday ;)

EDIT: also, someone said something about diagonal movement in this next game... I think there's a possibility of that, if you
    look at the picture of the girl in the city (the zoomed out at an angle one - can't post it yet, need 15
    posts :/) you can see some steps at an angle (you'll see them), might be an indication of more free movement?

Last edited:

Rileyslucario

Brownie lover
    Years
  • Black & White look pretty good; The Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum will PROBABLY be called Pokemon Grey. Can't wait for Pokemon Sunday.

First Person? They show that in FRLG and HGSS, but only a flash. Maybe in 5th Gen we get more of that?

Even though this is a REALLY early time to say this, the games I'm looking forward to most are the Hoenn remakes. My first game ever was Emerald, so I want those to bring back memories.

UH-OH, the screenshots spell B-A-D N-E-W-S. Your pokemon doesn't follow you awound! (Waah...)
    NOTE: I LIKE PIE.

Last edited:

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • IDK what to think of the new scans. I like the battle system, but the overworld reminds me of Colluseum, which was too dark for my liking. And I can't tell the boy from the girl, lol. The girl in the Pokemart pic looks like she has long sideburns and a beard, lol.

OscarGrouch

The Worst of the Best
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    I see, on Serebii, the city has a circular road. Which makes me think that there will be diagonal movement.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • It would be First person if you looked from the Character's viewpoint. This is not first person.

In other news, Nintendo once again fails at renewing the design. This time they will allow to change the camera angle and... What? Surprise! They maked the battle screen larger!
    [sarcasm]
    AWESOME!
    [/sarcasm]

Anyway, I, like all of you, will play it anyways. I'm just pointing it out that for being "revolutionary" that's quite the same thing than the previous releases.

OscarGrouch

The Worst of the Best
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    Thats eactly what i was thinking, the stairs in the city are also going in a diagonal direction, but i dont think that will happen!

Well, that makes me wonder, if they're just going to do the 4-way, it'll be a lot harder to move around freely, with all this diagonal stuff. Also, I'm hoping that this is the first actual "big city" that I've been waiting for. Cities like Goldenrod, Saffron, etc., just always seemed to small for me.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Also, I'm hoping that this is the first actual "big city" that I've been waiting for. Cities like Goldenrod, Saffron, etc., just always seemed to small for me.
    Im glad that Im not the only one who thinks this :]

Anyways I woke up to find these new screenshots and Im getting excited. Just think of how hoenn will look!

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • hoenn will look even better...it'll probably be on the 3ds..so i'm expecting it to be even more awesome

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back