• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Since we're going to see the Pokemon's whole back now, I hope that it actually animates them moving to use their moves now. Like, if Meowth used Slash, it would show it jump over to the opponent and slash, and then the other Pokemon would react.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Well all pokemon are all limited to at least stages of evolution

I'd love to see pokemon with four evolutions or maybe even 5 ( for example an evolution of Machamp)

Also the level limit to go beyond lvl 100 :D

require more game play and a greater challenge for us veteran pokemon player :P
    I don't think the level cap would be increased in this game. Level 100 seems like the level that's the most complete considering 100 is the basis of percentage, which is what the levels in Pokémon games are really all about. I think they'll make it a bit more harder to reach level 100 in this game than they did in the previous games, however, HeartGold and SoulSilver aside.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • something i've always been in favor for is a difficulty selection on the main menu. easy, normal, hard, master. anyone played metal gear solid, the hardest difficulty was absolutely impossible to play all the way through without dying many many times.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Did people see the new screenshots? I don't know why, but the new screenshots made me sad, and is making me consider quitting Pokemon and sticking with the past part... :(

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
  • Did people see the new screenshots? I don't know why, but the new screenshots made me sad, and is making me consider quitting Pokemon and sticking with the past part... :(

Go ahead. Your loss anyways.

Wouldn't Pokemon Dark get mixed up with the Mystery Dungeon explorers of darkness?
    Anyways black and white definitely sounds better.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • does anybody else think that the city looks a bit too dark and dull? theres hardly any people and i see no sign of street lamps. it looks kinda unfinished... imo. i mean if its such a dark alley, why rnt they're any lights?
    atm the game is looking rather grey rather than black or white. nothing seems to stand out.
    tbh im a bit disappointed with these screens. but they don't rly show much so there is still hope! and i'll b getting the games regardless of what i see. i like seeing franchises evolve.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • I agree vibratingcat- ever since I was a kid I was attracted to games with very bright and vivid environments, which explains why Banjo Tooie was my favorite game as a kid and still is now... Google it if you haven't heard of it, great example. Anyway, they look good but I was kinda hoping for slightly different. Still, as always, gonna buy it and hope for the best.

Hopefully soon we'll find out more about the game rather than just the graphical changes... while they are nice, I'm looking more forward to new features.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • by the looks of it, the city with the rounded edge streets will have a self rotational camera.
    so when you walk around the city on thoes streets, it follows along the line of the street, with you in the centre, going down streets like the one in the middle will most probably make the camera follow you in.
    That would make sense!
    but
    From what i understood when i saw pokemon sunday yestearday is that they are going to reveal a pokemon next week!

Edit: Many people are complaining about the screenshots and the city, and so did i some pages back, but someone noted that these screenshots are probably in the beta stage.

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I have complete faith in Nintendo to make a great game. Not really worried by some grainy screenshots.

neither am I, I like the look of these.
    and as I noted before, the 'Dullness and Darkness' of the city may be symbolic, there may be some sort of dark secret within the city and that's why it's like that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    Since we're going to see the Pokemon's whole back now, I hope that it actually animates them moving to use their moves now. Like, if Meowth used Slash, it would show it jump over to the opponent and slash, and then the other Pokemon would react.

Wow, awesome idea. i would love that effect!

It would be nice if the Legendary in the game would be some sort of Panda pokemon !!!

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Sux, after a long annoying day at work I expected to come home to some exciting Pokemon Black & White news... fml.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • ^^
    exactly my reaction after i woke up and came here..a 1 hour show and nothing interesting..FTW !!..anyways i hope that question mark is a new pokemon and not something we have seen days ago....

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I think it'll be something new.
    also....I'm hoping that this game will have an airship of some sort....that's something we've never seen in a Main series Pokemon game before.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • I think it'll be something new.
    also....I'm hoping that this game will have an airship of some sort....that's something we've never seen in a Main series Pokemon game before.
    Yeah that would be awesome and even more so, if you could ly it =] that would be an awesome mode of transportation compared to riding you're pokemon, not that wouldnt be cool but that would be a bit too easy!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Probably gonna be the Logos or something, or a screenshot.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • I think the pokemon league should be a tournament that has loads of competitors etc, with different landscapes that have an effect on the battle, also you get clues as tp what pokemon they have used in the past so that you can build your team of 3 etc (you will be allowed to use a bigger team in later rounds) but i you win the tpurnament you get to face the elite four and the champion wib whatever team you want but you can't see thiers and you can't change yours. It would just be so epic... One can dream though :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    Did people see the new screenshots? I don't know why, but the new screenshots made me sad, and is making me consider quitting Pokemon and sticking with the past part... :(
    wowowowow

lol

they havent even finished the mapping for the screenshots and your judging them?! LOL

thats like saying you dont like a food when its still cooking and you havent tried it

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I looked though a few pages and it seems no ones even noticed this(unless i havent looked back enough):
    questionmark.png

What do you thinks behind it? Maybe its the sugimori art for the heros? or the ledgenderys? or maybe another gen 5 pokemon?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back