• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Lounge [Resources included]

moments.

quixotic
Years
Depends on what program you are using Elite Four Lucian, but if you open the user bar on your program and then either copy and paste the sprite onto the canvas, or if you've got the sprite saved on your computer you can File > Place (Photoshop).

If you have Photoshop I can walk you through step by step, but it'd help to at least know what program you have, and then take it from there.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
Ok I don't think moments understood what I meant. I want the sprite to be on the outside of the userbar, how do I do that? And does anyone know how to delete the background of a picture without messing up the picture itself?

moments.

quixotic
Years
Spoiler:

You mean sort of like that, like that how the sprite goes outside the userbar dimensions?
You need to make the userbar as normal, but you need to make the canvas higher than the usual 20px. You then position the user bar in the middle of the larger canvas and put the sprite over the top with it overhanging. You just need to save it as a .png file and any empty space will remain transparent upon upload, so it looks like the sprite is outside the canvas.

Better explanation. Make canvas 100 px high. Position user bar (only 20px high) in the centre of the canvas. This leaves 40px above and below the userbar on the canvas. Leave this area blank, and save as .png.

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
@cycle,moments: I had another version where I lighten zekrom face, I lost it somewhere in my comp,but I will make it again. What can I do with the empty space?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Moved your post in here Zero, as discussion is to be kept in the graphics lounge and not the rating thread. The rating thread is strictly for rating pieces, and posting them.

moments.

quixotic
Years
@Zero Darkness.
I hinted at what you could do with the empty space through adding more of those fractals / effects that you've got on the left side of the tag. Otherwise, a space / nebula stock would suit, perhaps integrate some cloud stocks on Soft Light. They are what I'd go for was it me in your position, but honestly, you could make anything work as long as you keep it reasonably dark and keep the colour schemes matching.

Just popping in here to tell you guys that I've got a MASSIVE essentials pack uploading as we speak. The pack is ~365MB and has C4Ds, textures, stocks, renders, tutorial/PSDs. Basically everything you could possibly need if you are new to graphics, and a great addition to all you seasoned artists looking for more resources in general.
If you guys have any specific requests for requests you need, just post in this thread, or you can post in the resource thread I'll create when this finished uploading.

moments.

quixotic
Years
If you want to improve, the best thing you can do here at PC is to make yourself a gallery (in this section) and post your work so people can give you constructive criticism and tips and stuff, or just use the Graphics Rating Thread which should be below this one in the stickies.

Of course, you can look up tutorials and all that jazz, but really, feedback catered directly for your pieces is going to get the best results.

Djinnception

There's a Snake in my boots!
Years
If you want to improve, the best thing you can do here at PC is to make yourself a gallery (in this section) and post your work so people can give you constructive criticism and tips and stuff, or just use the Graphics Rating Thread which should be below this one in the stickies.

Of course, you can look up tutorials and all that jazz, but really, feedback catered directly for your pieces is going to get the best results.
Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I can find a way to get Photoshop back on my computer. It was so fun to use, and usually i just fiddled around with different effects. That's how i came about with my Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword background. I'm gonna go make a gallery now to show some of my work, though it's not much.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
@Moments graphic rating thread: I LOVE DEM zQUERT PSDS

anyways, i'll try to remove the black soft brush, it does look really tacky lol

moments.

quixotic
Years
Yeah, as you know from quert's PSDs, you know that there are like literally 100+ layers. That is possibly overkill, but it definitely is the secret to making details and adding more appeal to the pieces.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
i saw 156

i was like ._.

and then to make them unvisible so i could see what he did took forever :/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
All pen tool tags spill out really large layer numbers. I've seen LP's like that with almost 300 layers.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Exactly what Gav said. Although, I personally don't see the logic in doing all such pieces on a large canvas, and then if you really want a tag form, you can easily scale down or crop it to fit tag dimensions. Working with the larger canvas is only going to help you improve even more rather than going straight to tag.

i need to do LPs seriously

moments.

quixotic
Years
Not necessarily, but if you want to pursue graphics seriously, you will need to move on from tags and use larger canvases. Starting now will just help you get accustomed rather than waiting doing pieces that are exactly the same to pull off on a bigger canvas.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Not necessarily, might help you understand the style a bit better or something. But unless you're comfortable with large canvases it would probably take you longer.

Edit: lmao moments...twins.

Djinnception

There's a Snake in my boots!
Years
YAHOO

I'm in the process of getting Photoshop again.
All the fine people here can help me out with my graphics.
I do have a gallery now, by the way.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Yeah I saw your gallery, just been really busy and not really much time for a comment. I've seen it, I'll give you comments when I get a chance.

Back