• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Evilcheese: Meh, you're right, it's simple. My advice, blend the clipping mask in a bit more, and the text could be somewhere else. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, that c4d is nice, good job, cheese.

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
    Evilcheese
    Very simple but effective. The left side looks amazing! I would recommend maybe shortening the length of the banner so it doesn't look quite so empty on the right side. Or you could try some more C4D's or brushing. Whatever floats your boat.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ok here is my entry for the SOTW "Melancholy" Theme.
    It is a work in progress but I'd like it rated to see that I'm doing everything ok.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Cheese: Loose the gradient maps… try to leave as much natural colour on real people sigs as possible. I've seen a lot of sigs like that but with better colouring usually get inter (on proper gfx sites).

I think I'm back in the grove =S

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    @Perfectionist: The blending would be better if the render and the background followed at least similar colour schemes. The background also seems kind of lacking in colour, and the render is far more contrasted than the background, making it look weird. Other than that, nice attempt. ^^;

SHIKI. From The World Ends With You.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Animaldfusion - Annmeiandrvezn - guywitdalongusername:
    Its pretty. <3 I think a little more blending would be nice? The text should line up with eachother. Overall pretty good. :3

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    @ Clade: The text is a little hard to read, but I like the effects you used on it. I love the render.
    But Clade, m'boy. You just screwed yourself with lighting. :x
    It looks as if the light source on the render is coming from his bottom left cheek. But then you made it look like the lighting is coming from the top left of his head >.< Then there's that random patch of light blue. It's a little bit distracting. Especially when the render is so dark, and this patch is so light. I like the simple border, though.

I think you need to fix the lighting, and that random patch of blue, then submit it to SOTW again. It fo' sho' has potential xD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Trying out my hand in Clipping Masks (I think I used it right). Also, I messed up on the lighting a bit.

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    @^Looks really nice, I like the font. 8/10

Ok, here's my wallpapers(not the actual wallpaper size, but stretches nicely).

With Tentacruel:

Without Tentacruel:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Gummy: Eh, I don't think the lighting source is right. :S I'm not too fond of the color scheme either. It looks empty on the left. It's not half bad though. ^_^

Tentacruel13: The Magikarp are horribly rendered and don't blend. They're also too blurry. The Tentacruel is way too blurry. To be honest, it really only looks like some images that were just put on a background. :(

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
    Tentacruel
    There isn't really much to the avatar. It is just a scene with animations. There is nothing special about it at all really. I'm not saying this to be mean or anything but It doesn't look like much work went into it. I am guessing you are a beginner graphics maker? Keep trying and experimenting with effects, brushes and renders and I'm sure you'll be back here soon with some great art!

Ok here is my entrant for SOTW "Melancholy"

If you don't mind I want the rater to tear it to pieces. Tell me every detail that looks bad or should be fixed.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Perfectionist: I wont exactly 'tear it to pieces' but ill give you my view on your banner. I think that render is REALLY bad to work with, considering it has two light sources, if you look in the left arm and the right, so its a bit confusing. Your light source didnt fit in really well, considering the light is most bright as his head, youve put it a bit too far away from there. Also, considering its dark on the left side, instead of putting all those colours there, it should probably be blackish. Cause right now, the right side, where the light is coming from is the darkest part of the banner. Ive seen you've tried to use some simple text, but it doesnt look good ;s. Its vertical, which makes it look dodgy, unless the letters are put the right way up going down, if you get what i mean. I think the text would look better as a white watermark sought of thing in the bottom right corner. WITH the border cutting it off just a bit ;].

I see what your trying to do, and its a good-ish idea :P.

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
    Evilcheese
    I like that render. The way you have filled up the spaces is magnificent. I think what you should do is to lower the opacity of the C4D to the left of the render. It is a bit bright and draws the eye away from the render. I also think the light source is a bit bright. And the text, "Feeling" looks a bit plain and boring on the banner. Play around with the fonts.

Ok here is my edited version of the last banner I posted.

Reply to CheesePeow
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree with your lighting comment. The light source is coming from one source which is to the right and towards the viewer. I have darkened the left side to make it look better and changed the text.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    evilcheese: It looks like a floating head x___o I think you should nudge the stock/render/whole thing up a bit, so we can see some of the neck or shoulder or something. Otherwise, I think it looks pretty good. The C4D seems to fit in, the effects are somewhat subtle in the background, but look nice anyway. The text is somewhat better than in your usual banner, but the 'Feeling' bit stands out more than the 'Melancholy' bit. My main complaint would be the colours. But before I do complain, I'm just going to ask: was the stock/render originally monotone? If yes, then, well, good work -shot'd- I'm going to leave it at that for now, actually.

Perfectionist: I don't think that there's a problem with the lighting either. But, I think that you should make it even darker at the left side. Also, that brown-rust-ish 'cloud' at the right side of the banner seems a bit distracting, especially since it's just clumped there. I think you should either spread that colour around a bit, or lower the opacity. For that banner, I don't actually see a good place for the text, but seeing as it's for the SOTW, I guess it looks alright in its current position. Though the white stands out a bit from the yellow of the banner. I'm going with what I said with evilcheese on the rest of the colours: were they originally monotone (for the stock/render)? o__o

---

I pen tooled Sasuke, if anyone is wondering...

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Shiranui: This one is cool :P You've given the effect that Sasuke was actually drawn on paper, which looks nice btw. I like it, but I think you could of used a colour just a bit lighter than black on the black side of the banner to make it looked a bit scrunched aswell. I cant talk though xD, You banner is nice. I cant read the text though :S.

Ive got another piece of crap here xD.

Its a WIP though, I need some ideas. first render btw

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    CheesePeow-It doesn't look crappy, but then again I don't know what's crappy(Well, n00by paint sigs are). Looks cool.

My FIRST Sig:

I'm getting there(hopefully).

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Cheesepeow: I've gotten this comment many times before so I know what I'm saying when I say it's over-sharpened XD. I do like the color scheme though, as well as the border.

Tentacruel13: Well, its not great, but it is better than your previous works. First of all, you need a focal point, namely that tentacruel, so bring it infront of that make-like thing. Second, the text is taking up too much room so shrink it and fill up the extra space with something else. Third (optional), add a border.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back