• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Pikabloo: Oo That is some nice texture you got on that used to be vector sig =D
    Sweet concept and simple.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years

Sorry about the shape, I actually don't know how I got it like that. XD I was going for rounded edges but oh well!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Gummy: I actually don't think round edges would be much better than the border you currently have. This is a type of banner that has a style that usually would go with a thinner and plain border. You've got the lighting wrong too. The light is coming from the left side of the render, while in the banner it comes from the right.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @clade. - noticed your new akari style xD. Its really nice dont know much wrong since its kinda plain. i dont really like the arrows. text seems fine. but there isnt many colors.

i was jealous of shirauni so i made a sasuke pen tool

original:

whatya think?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    evilcheese: That looks pretty cool! You're pretty skilled with the pen tool. Unfortunately, I'm not, so I can't leave many comments.

Whipped this up in a hurry but I did it for a friend. It's the thought that counts!

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    munna: Thank you? o.o

I will admit to idea ripping someone else's banner, though. I wouldn't have thought of doing something like that by myself. Unoriginal-ness for the win ^^

evilcheese: Haha, it actually looks alright. I just think that the eyes look a bit too wonky, especially the left one (his right). Otherwise, it's looking pretty good. To finish it off, I think you should add the lighting and the shading, so that it doesn't feel as flat. Also because his shirt just looks like one large blue blob. And it would be cool if you could replicate the thing at the bottom left corner of the original image. It looks a bit tricky, but give it a shot anyway, haha.

Gummy: The motion blur is a bit prominent, I think. Just erase it a bit. The banner looks sort of like a mashup of two different styles, smudge and vector. That's cool, but it needs more blending, so that it doesn't feel like vector brushes have been put in there to fill up the space. I'm mainly talking about the circle-ish thing to the right. The rough smudging doesn't go very nicely with the smoother lines of the cirle thing, so it contrasts a bit too much. I think that you could have gone with a simpler font, and throw out the stroke D: The colours are alright, though. I think, just to add variety, it would look better with that yellow thing expanded a bit. Dunno o.o

Excuse the crappy comments D:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Pikabloo: I know… I think I know what sig you are talking about… I've seen that concept a lot on graphic sites… but it's the first here =P

Cheese: Needs more colours if you are going to use colours.

Last edited:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I think this is one of my bests ;o. Im going to delete all my brushes and download new ones, so my banners arent looking the same xD.

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
    Cheesepeow
    Woah I think it looks pretty awesome!
    Love how you cut off some of the render but left enough so it looks good. The backing looks great and matches the render nicely! I would recommend maybe filling up the left side might look better and perhaps lowering the opacity of the light on his arm. You can ignore either of those comments as I don't know if it would look better but might add a nice touch.

Ok here is my crappy banner. Made during class because we had free time and I tried using C4D's in my banner. I don't intend to use this banner, I was merely playing around with new styles and experimenting.

Please note that the text was added in just because it was feeling empty but I know it is kinda dodgy...

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Perfectionist:Meh, you're right, the text really is unneeded. the C4D could go,and the green brushes aren't really my thing, but the smudging was a good touch.
    Fell free to eat my bnnrs :)

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
    Reply post to Poke'd
    Sorry to say but that is 4 C4D's in the background, a fractal and no brushing what-so-ever...
    So your comment doesn't really make sense... =P
    I probably should have stated that when I posted it.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Re-Reply Perfecto~:Well, what I mean to say know isss...

Meh, You're right , the text really is unneeded. the grey C4D could go, try and get a fractal to blend in with the brushes, cause it looks kinda out-of-place. Try not to smudge it too much, what you would be looking for is just a light smudge on the background. and a good touch is duplicating the render, and smudging it up and then overlay, or soft light. Any other things, like Gaussian Blur can work too.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Perfectionist: I'm not going to give a full-blown-out comment, mainly because I'm just not in the mood, but if you use the soft erase brush to help with blending, keep in mind that if your background is a completely different color from your render, it's not going to do any blending, and it's just going to make the entire thing look worse. xD;

Just a note for you there~

Poke'd: I'll rate your RO one.

It's good, but I think your canvas' are a little small, and don't really give enough space for as much of the render as you seem to want to put in there; AKA, the alch seems a little small and isolated. Your colors seem a little monotonous as well, though the general execution is good. The whole thing needs to be sharpened though, particularly your effects, since the whole thing seems irritably cloudy and foggy, which doesn't suit the render at all. You should also work on judging when to put a border in and when not to, because I think this banner would look a lot better without the border.

1px borders aren't the solution to everything; They actually very rarely look good on anything, FYI. xD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Kaiyori: The render itself doesn't really give off that melancholy feeling. And the color you added to the render doesn't help much, as its brightness doesn't fit with the theme you're going for (otherwise I'd like it). I do like the brushing and the smudging though; are those crosses brushes? And maybe you could add a border.

Going back to Megaman banners with a banner of one of my favorite characters, Harpuia.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    @Gummy: The red stripes, in my opinion, REALLY clash with the rest of the banner, which is extremely green. They don't need to be there. Not to mention your attention is drawn from the text to them. I also think it's too contrasted - the render at least. ^^;

Sluuuuump. Sluuuuuump. AAAAARGH.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Animadversion: I love your banners ;D. They're nice and simple. The only thing I dont like about this one is the rounded square clipping masks. I just think they're too visible ;p. Also, I think you should of added some brushes in the bottom right corner. But hey, thats just me xD.

I downloaded some new brushes, but I didnt have enough to make a banner with, so it turned out yuck.

Note: I forgot to erase around the face where those brushes are. Plus, this is my second render ;D

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Potentially my next theme if Akari doesn't get my request done before I get un-lazy enough to make a matching avatar, since I've had my current one for way too long. Obviously for the SoTW as well.

I would totally rate right now, but unfortunately typing isn't exactly as fun and easy as before thanks to me ramming my hand into a wall and getting my knuckles scraped off, so once the big irritating bandaid that keeps peeling my freaking skin off is gone, I'll do some rating. ;D

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Loki: I never thought I'd say this, especially to you, but I'm not feeling it Loki. The render looks odd for reasons I can't pinpoint (sorry, I know I'm not help). The text is pretty hard to read and part sof it go through the border. The light source looks a little green-ish, "clashing" (as it's been said to me so many times before XD) with the rest of the banner.

Here my SOTW entry:

The render doesn't blend yet, but I'll fix it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back