• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Gummy: Ohh, I see what you mean about the light. :P I didn't even notice, and I actually can't decide whether it looks good or not. Maybe I'll wait for another opinion, but in the meantime, here's the edited version.

I'd guess that Shiki looks odd because he's like, blended into the right side of the banner. I cranked up the brightness to +100 and was dismayed to find out that he literally is blended right into the background. <_< There's no lines for his hair or anything. Darn black backgrounds behind black hair. So yeah, that's probably what's irking you... Or at least, that's what's buggin' me! xD

Oh, maybe it's the angle at which he's turned around?

There, fixed for the color and text, hopefully. I couldn't decide whether I wanted it to be majority red or majority green cause I actually kind of like it both ways but hopefully it looks a little better? :3

edit: I made a blue one too, and as usual, I dislike it, since I've always liked my greens over my blues, but hey. I love opinions. xD

Last edited:

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
    Years
  • Loki:
    To be honest I think the red one suits the render more than the others but considering it is for "Melancholy" I think the blue one suits the theme more.
    I would like to ask if that is a stock or if you put that light in the left side in yourself?
    The banner flows nicely and doesn't hurt your eyes. It all sits together very nicely and is a great addition to your collection of work.

Ok here is a banner I am still working on.

And just for reference, this is my first banner ever. I have done work with graphics in the past but never a banner with brushes and stuffs.

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • Loki;; Hmm, this banner is different to what you normally do, it's alright and i like it, i just don't LOVE it.
    I think the Reddish Version is better, as you can't really see the scan lines on the right side, which looks a bit much for me on the other versions. As munna said you could work on the text a bit, but i really have no suggestions so it's probably better left untouched.

Pinocchio; Welcome to the Graphics business 8D
    Well this is pretty good for your first banner ever, i remember my first one and it was n00bish
    It's looking a bit monotone to me, maybe adding a bit of colour to it would be nice. Like some gradient maps or colour overlays could add to this, but before i babble on about that, what program do you use?

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • Re-Reply to Pinocchio;; Well as i mentioned in the Graphics Lounge https://tutorialgod.com/?cat=4
    is a really good site to get people who are new to graphics used to all the features, i shall say one thing.
    GRADIENT MAPS ARE YOUR FRIEND (and for Macy, So are Displacement Filters ;D)

Loki: Like others have said Im feeling V4 the most, its looks the best blended and composed. As for the text I'm not sure It just looks a little off in my opinion. But then again no one can ge the text perfectly (I stopped trying years ago , look at my more recent tags) =]

Anywhos, my advice is that you add more effects but keep it looking clean like it is right now.

Pinnochio: Great job for a first banner. Like others say if there is one thing that makes a banner on the boring side its mono-tone. So you might want to fix that up a bit. Also its good to have a light source.

I like what you did with the text, kind of wrapping it over the knights shoulder. Also the smudging on it is cool. Normaly I would say add more effects and blend the text and kinght more, but you are a first timer you will learn that in time! =]

EDIT: Oh and I almost forgot, could someone rate my tags in my signature right now?

Years
  • @Babylon: It's... pretty empty. Though, looking back at my first attempt, I can't say I was any better. XD A better font probably would have worked better, and maybe using brushes to fill more space?

Since that was my first and it looks very simple you can tell I dont know much so what exactly are brushes?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • AA: Oh no you didn't just make a Megaman Zero banner =O. I like the background, although it is a bit monotone, and the clipping mask, but I don't think the render blends too well. And I don't think the lighting should be coming from behind her.

Here my SOTW entry:

Mine was never rated, someone please rate.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Gummy: Well for a start, that lighting in the corner, you could turn down the opacity on that. And I don't really like that blue smudgey like thing on the girls shoulder. but the Brushes are nice, and the text goes well. The smudging on her hair is ok.

Gummy: First of all, like Poke'd has said the lighting in the corner is like a ball o white, not really lighting. So either turn down the opacity, or set it to soft light or overlay. The effects in the background are pretty cool, and clean.

But I would like to see more flow in your sigs, even though everyone struggles with it. And better text placement. Other than the things I have commented on, your sig is great!

Could someone rate this for me?

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • HOLY MOLY, I LOVE IT. O_O

I love the textures on it, the flow of the brushes, the lighting, everything about it. XD

On top of his head doesn't really seem to blend in well, but it still looks pretty awesome. <3
    n_n

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • @ El Capitano: This is amazing. The thing that sticks out to me the most is the renders position. You captured the feeling perfectly :3

The EC is a bit too noticeable... maybe it shouldn't be there? And, like Akari said, the top of his head doesn't blend so well.

But I do really, really like it! 9/10.

Just made this. As some of you know, I lost all of my photoshop brushes, so I'm working on some "preset" banners. Until I have every brush I need, I'm not going to use ANY brushes. Hopefully I'll be able to learn some new techniques, etc by doing this. Anyway, here it is;

Motsuko Live: Hokay, your signature is well blended, and has pretty good effects. Nothing that will make me jump out of my seat, but it definately pleases the eye =]

On the other hand it is kindo of mono-tone the only colors you use is from white - purple. Other than those things and text placement wich I say over and over is the HARDEST thing possible to master, you have a pretty well made sig there.

Could someone rate this?

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    El Capitano: The text is cool, and I sort of like the effect. But I think it seems a bit random. I don't know, but the stock doesn't seem to blend very well with the effects. Also, the stock itself looks quite low quality. The lighting feels a bit strong, as well. The contrast around the guy's face seems to be a bit low, but the lime-green contrasts a lot with the rest of the banner, so there's 'conflict' with the colours, I guess. Eh, I'm liking the concept a bit, though. Use a different stock? o.o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back