• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
  • @Relyt - i dont really see the texture. anyway its a decent grahpic. i dont really have much to say since it doesnt have too many affects. only the border is kinda weird but ok. oh and the top sides need well transperency.

i gave up on the sharpedo one.

i know the text is horrible. can someone suggest something like outer glow?

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Evilcheese;; THERES TEXT THERE? O.O?????, i cant see any text what so ever, but the banner is really nice, i like the feather you've used on Renji, and the brushes you used are just AWESOME!,and you've put lighting in there as well, unlike me (i really need to use a banner with lighting) 9/10! EXCELLENT JOB!

Edit: Omg, now i see the text, and yeah you need to change that, this sounds pretty bad but how about a Maroon coloured text with a 2 pixel stroke of black? actually that does sound pretty bad, but try it any way.

Years
  • @evilcheese: You might want to put the lighting in a more appropriate place. Having a random light in the signature looks odd. Try putting it on Renji's sword, and not off away from the main focus. Good work though. :D

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    evilcheese; Basically what Relyt and Demidian said. My reaction was the same as Demidians; "There's text?! o_O"

I'm currently opening up photoshop to see if I can figure out where the text is.

I will return to you with the verdict shortly.

Also, in response to your comment about the text on the FFXII banner; "Solid text is boring. D:"

edit; I SPY SOME TEXT LOLZ.

Yeah that's nawt good. D: I thought the text was the blob of black on the opposite corner of the banner. <_< So the text is the only thing I'm going to comment on. Because its the biggest thing that pops out at me that needs work, other than the lighting.

Last edited:

XxZer0xX

......................... Beep.
    Years
  • It's got great detail and I can tell it took a while to make but it's a bit hard for me to see the smaller text but it blends in and that's a good thing as long as it's able to be seen.

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @xenocrates - wow i love the banner. i mean the scanlines, text and everyting its all cool. dont know about the render though might need a resize.

@Shadow dragon - they are all pretty good. kind of plain but good. i dont have to complain about the text well i cant really say much about them since their on a small scale.

need help for my theme.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Xenocrates;; Light textures, woot! Actually, I'm kind of half-half on the light textures there. It just seems to be a bit too much, for me anyway. But it adds a pretty cool effect, and it makes the banner stand out from the rest, sort of. The background looks really nice (was it smudged, or...?), the scanlines are a nice touch, and are just barely visible, which is good. I don't want to comment on the text, since it makes me cry, in a good way D: However, I think the banner needs a bit of depth, since it looks a little bit flat at the moment. But other than that, it's a lovely banner.

Shadow Dragon;; The quality of the last two icons compared to the first three seems a bit... suspicious. Anyway, based on the graphics and not the text in it, the last two are definitely the best. Although simple, the last two are more pleasing to look at. Especially the last one, since it has colour. The first three look really pixelated. Maybe you saved them as JPEG? The colours used on the third one also seem to be the default Paint colours. As for text content, they are really random o.o Then again, that's a good thing, for icons anyway. The non-capitalised i's on the second one makes me cringe.

evilcheese;; What help do you need? The banner looks alright so far. I don't think it needs any text or anything like that. The light source is really badly placed, though. As BreD has suggested, try placing it closer to the render. Right now, it looks like a giant orb that has appeared from nowhere, and it draws most of the attention. There's also little bits in the background which is a bit too bright. Other than the lighting, there's really nothing else that needs work.

BreD;; I like the smudging~ The orange-y colours are nice, too. I think the text needs a little bit of work, though. And there's this brown-ish blob at the bottom right corner of the banner, which looks kind of strange. Other than that, I don't have any major complaints. The hair does look a tiny bit too bright, though...

---

I got bored.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Shiranui;; I ABSOLUTLEY JUST WANT TO BURN YOUR BANNERS BECAUSE THAT MAKE MINE LOOK n00b!!! anyways, i love your smudge banners, the smudging in this banner is really good, and i love the text,the render blends in wonderfully, i think every thing about it is great 10/10! (my first 10/10 rating xD)

---

Anyways heres my new banner, i was going to use a clipping mask with some splatter brushes but i just left it, tell me if you think i should use the clipping mask, xD:

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • @ BreD: Wow, I'm not suprised you're not using that banner, its great!
    I like the text placment and smudging, the background goes with the render perfectly!
    I wish I knew how to smudging :(
    @ Shiranui: I AGREE WITH DEMIDIAN,I LOOK LIKE A NOOB!
    I have a long way to go... That banners great! The text, the background,
    even the renderz!
    @ Demidian: Try not to use the select border, no.1. No.2 is, no, don't do the clipping mask. There's a lot of stuff going on. I agree with this spongebob squarpants show quote:
    I don't know man, but its hurting my EYES!

@ ME: Someone please rate my crappy theme?

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
  • Demidian:It looks good, but as мizt said, there's way too much going on. Blend some of the C4s, I guess.

Shiranui:Looks awesome. Only thing wrong is that it could use a border.

мizt:The white looks kinda dirty, too much black-grey. I'd rate it about 8.1/10.

I really like how this turned out.

Rates, please? Or at least comments.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @myoki - it looks pretty empty. there are a couple of things you can do like a clipping mask, c4ds, etc. oh and the render is blurry.

not like i like yugioh but i looked at the renders thread and got it. im running out of renders.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    evilcheese; Oho. This looks way better than what I did with it. xD *Ah, the good old days when I was still un-lazy enough to render my own images.*

Well first off, I'm glad you were able to find a use for it! :D Secondly, the blue eyes white dragon in the back is very nice, blended smoothly and it looks really cool in general. But, Kaiba sticks out like a sore thumb. A very very sore thumb. And then, what... is that yellowish splotch on his hand? o_O And the yellow ones on his right shoulder? Yeah, those need to be erased. :< They really don't help blend in any possible way. Instead, you should've tried to blend him in with a sort of abstract smudging type thing. The color scheme is good though.

The border is somewhat acceptable, but it's definitely not... incredible. xD;

It's a good turn out though. :B Next thing you should try out is rendering something yourself, if you're running out. xD;

Myokai; Er... ouch. :/ That's a few steps back from your last Fai banner. Well, first off, I'll tell you that I don't really mind you using the same concept over and over. But the flat colors, the low saturation, the same backgrounds, now THOSE are getting boring. He's kind of blurry, which is incredibly weird. The stars are way blended in, and as far as I'm concerned, the background might as well be a solid lavender color with scanlines over it. :/ The background is too modest, too subtle. You have the opposite problem that evilcheese and Demidian have. Put some spice into it! D: Fai isn't THAT flat of a character! He's dynamic! xD

Right, back to the subject at hand. The border is definitely not... okay. x_x; The selection just doesn't fit here, it would've been better if you'd just kept the whole thing 1 px and solid, or just not made a border at all, since you're using CSS in your sig anyway. Because I really like the word CME used, this is a good example of "Floating-Head-Syndrome" or whatever it was. xD; You should resize it, maybe move his head up a little more. His hair isn't very important.

You should try a few other types of renders though. It might help you improve?

Shiranui; My momentum. ;; Nah, that's getting pretty old, so I'm not going to rant about that. xD; But honestly, you beat me to everything! xD *couldn't find a good picture of the second secret ending anywhere!* Regardless, it is absolutely excellent. You say stuff about my text skills, but I'd trade you any day. :< The color and positioning of the text is amazing, and the cloudy look on the text is excellent. I do think it's kind of odd that the sort of sharp looking cloudy smudging just ends once it reaches the render and leaves the other side just gray. I think you could've continued a little so that it looked like it was floating up or something? *I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense.*

I think those little grayish orby things should be turned up just a slight tad on the right. :< Like, not all of them, just the ones furthest away from him, so they don't look like strange blemishes. xD;;

It's a fabulous banner though. :3 I like this one~ <3

Mizt; I think it looks excellent. o_o Maybe it's the text. I really really like the text. In my opinion, this is one of the best banners I've seen from you. But then again, I've always been kind of partial to solid brush banners. :B *fishfish'd* Either way, I love the brushes, and did I mention I love the text? The spacing and decorations are perfect. The dotted line on the right fits alright, but it's a bit too dark compared to the rest of it. Maybe lower it's opacity a bit so that it's a little grayer. Same goes for the border. A lighter border would match much more nicely. Anyway, the monotone colored background really helps the render catch some focus. And the colors! o_o There's a texture on the render, isn't there? I like it's effect! Syaoran could've been moved a little more to the right, along with everything else to his right, but eh. It's not a major issue.

Good job on this one. :3 It's not crappy at all.

Demidian; I'm just seeing familiar renders all over the place today. :B Although I can't really say the same about this banner as I did with evilcheese's. I don't really like it. xD; The weird bluish-gray things are... well, they stick out more than the render. It would've been cool if you'd put Ishida's left arm over the blue... streak... thing. It would've given it some really cool depth. But regardless, I just really don't like the effects. The de-saturation is alright, but the brushing on the left and the circular diffusion looking thing on the right just don't look right at all. :< I don't know about the border either. It's a little too thick. Maybe cut off the border on the sides for a widescreen look?

Replying to comments on my La Corda Banner; Wow. I'm so happy that it looks alright. ;; *Last attempt failed miserably, but that was awhile ago, I guess...* Depth. ;; I tried a little of that, but I guess I still gotta work on that. I have a little of an idea how to go about it, but I probably won't be applying it for awhile. Whai, yush, that is smudging. :3 Five layers of it, I'd say. *fish'd* I'm glad you like the text though, it took forever. xD; It was unreadable in some parts and too bright in others and in the end I had to change that entire corner just for the text. *fish'd* Too many light textures? :O *I even tried to tone it down this time, hurrr* I guess I'm just excited how much light textures help. xD; Gotta get through this freaky phase.

---

I'll come back with a really really crappy BLEACH wallpaper in just a second. It's like, amazingly horrible, but I had to execute the idea, and I kind of want to know whether it's just me that thinks it's plain bad.

edit-ching;; K here it is. :<

BLEACH, Rukia Ichigo "MOVE ON" Wallpaper, 1024 x 768

btw, the perspective tool killed the text. <_< I know it's pixellated and fugly.

And I just remembered I want a rating on a few really old banners of mine. You really don't have to rate them if you don't want to. xD; I'd prefer a rating on the wallpaper anyway.

Last edited:

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    xenocrates;;First banner: simple yet complex :P, thats my brief explanation of it, but ill explain some more xD, the splatter brushes all are good, and your render stands out,(which i think is good in this case), but those swords or crystals(the blue things) distract me, other than that i like it 9/10 ---- Second banner:this one is alot better than the first he blends really well in the background, and the diagonal lines are really cool :P,the brushing is nice, and i like the shadow you put in the top right and bottom left corner, and i see for the border you made one side light then the other one dark, NICE JOB! xD 10/10

heres a tag i made i was bored, it was made from shiranui's splatter tut, i converted it to gimp, i dont like it at all (by that i mean i dont like my outcome, but shiranui YOUR TUT IS AWESOME) --edit: gots a new banner

Last edited:

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • @ evilcheese: The texture and render fit perfectly, as alwasys ;P
    I'm not a big fan of you-gi-oh, either. I really like the way you use scanlines,
    nice job.
    @ Xenocrates: I'm scared just thinking abut rating a mod... Kidding! :D
    The wallpaper, is great. I love the circle and the move on text. The shadow on the
    renders are a nice touch
    The first banner is scary just thinking you used to be as bad as us *gasps*
    lol. The splatters are good, and the render fits in well.
    2nd banner, that one i think was urs. I like the splatters and
    colors a lot And the border is cool ;D
    @ Demidian: For your first one. big improvment. New border, lighting, everything.
    It's great. The splatter brush set on dissolve(i think) and the clipping mask. *claps*
    Nice job.
    About your second one... Its AWESOME! Add more stuff and would be great! nice!
    Is that render pixel art or manga?

@ ME:First of all, thank you Xenocrates for the nice cmments. I appreciate it ^^
    Also, I did add sort of a texture. But I cut it to make it blend in only with the render.
    At first I was trying that clipping mask tut from BreD, but It didn't work, so I tryed somthing different, but with the same idea. The text? I like it too.
    -------------
    After seeing Xenocrate's wallpaper, I couldn't ake it anymore, so I made one

BLEACH Wallpaper, Blizzard (1024x678)

And also this, I found the render and loved it, so I
    had to make a banner ^^

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @xenocrates - thanks for the advice. yours are all cool. but the first banner looks oversplattered and the render is blurry. i use sharpen when i have blurry renders. oh and i know how to render like i did with this one:

@Demidian - wow i cant believe how better youve goten. those are both good the splatter one's light source is weird though this was my result for that tutorial:

@Mizt - the banner is uh weird. the render is much too small for such a wide canvas. i would make it longer and thinner if ya know what i mean. the text is good. but the things overlapping the render aren't

please rate both if you have the time.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • You forgot to rate the wallpaper ^^
    @ evilcheese:
    Borders are essanctial! There's really to much going on on the right
    and its pretty plain.
    The 2nd one is better. The colors are good and I see the use of shiranui's tut ;D

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • i dont have to rate all of them.

oh well nobody is posting so ill post an old one:

it was a request. i know its kind of oversmudged.

MasterDookie

Is a murderer
    Years
  • @mizt: I guess i'll rate the one in your sig....

It's pretty nice, I like how you got rid of the distracting blue streak and turned it into a slightly less distracting white streak. :P Well made though, I like it.

Ugh, shoot me. D: Just playing around with PS. And BTW, it's black and white for two reasons. 1: The stock was black and white. and 2:The C4Ds were different colors, it would have look messy and bad.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • MasterDookie: Nice :O
    My only problems with it is the render (you can see a white line on the left side of the face) and the lack of color. I've never seen other things by you so I can't rank you out of 10, but nice work ^-^

And can someone please rate this?:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back