• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
Years

• Aizuke said:
    Absolutely awesome. First time I saw this tag, I loved it. The style and depth are just flat out good. Not the mention the nice effects, accompanied by great colors and lighting. The only problem I have is some of the wireframes to the right of her. Them seem out of place IMO. The tag overall would appear even better without them. Regardless, still a great tag.

Sandro said:
    No. It's bad man....like really bad. It's shamefully bad IMO. Th depth is rather pointless, without great effects or coloring. I mean, it has no real colors. It's just 1 color, the who tag, just monotone. If that wasn't the worst part, I'd say the text. It's just as bad, and doesn't really match the overall style of the tag. It's like you just slapped a sticker on a drawing, it ruins it even more. My suggestion is read a tutorial, preferably a simple one that covers key points.

Sweet Speed said:
    Colors are the main thing that attracted my attention in this tag. I love them, they match well. But other than that, it needs some nice work. The BG effects are pretty cool, though could be better and make a more stylish flow. You can also use some effects on the FG above Hollow Ichigo. Lighting could also be better, Hollow Ichigo seems a tad too bright. I'd use a radical B/W gradient to make a nice light setting. But keep his face area just as bright as it is now. Lastly, the text is rather distracting to me. It pulls me away from Hollow Ichigo. I'd use Black or Cream/White and have text in the bottom right corner of the tag. Somewhere in that general area, most likely by or above his arm.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My new main tag, replacing the ol' WANTED one. Also the matching avatar I made to go with it. I tried some new things, even if it looks like my norm. I used some resurgere stocks to add some of the effects and style in the tag.

----------------
    Listening to: Gym Class Heroes; Busta Rhymes - Peace Sign/Index Down
    via FoxyTunes

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • I like it, I like the way that most of the colours are just based around different shades of another colour...

OK heres mine, its in my sig.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • I like it but the lighting is a little weird. If you are gonna have the splatters there it also has to have a bit more colour. And its a little too simple for that type of sig. I'd suggest pen tooling, adjustment layers and blend the render a little more. Other than that, it's good.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I love rating good tags, and that usually happens ^^. Anyways, coloring is great, love the effects ni the bottom right corner and to the left of his head, good render blending. Displacement filter?

NOTE: If you rate my tag, don't say that the boundaries are mad obvious on the transparent background, I'm aware :P

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Hey, I like it, I think the splatter brushes need to be a bit more transparent, but apart from that its pretty good...

XD I'm back, again

Please don't give me too hard a time, its my first signature banner using photoshop, so I basically had no idea what I was doing...

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Okay, rating time.

Dukey: I loved how you use the effect, it really suits Umbreon. But, what's that white thing in his fur? It's kinda very un-moonlight-y.

The text is awesome, it gives off Umbreon's uh, well, I think it's really good compare o mine so meh. xD

---

Shira-chan showed me how to make an icon, or just, explain? Meh, My sister suggested I make an icon out of this image. For some reason, I did. LAME REASONS, first, I was bored. Second, I might forget how to make an icon, so here we go. D:

And stupid me didn't saved it in PSD.

Last edited:

Dusclord

Ganon killer
    Years
  • Nice, that's quite original *_*

I think you should have cut the empty low part, appart from this the picture is good.

-----------

I'm really sorry, the text means "Hands off my Triforce !", it's one of my most recent gfx...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Je peux parler le francais aussi :)

Anyways., effects are sort of lacking, coloring is a tad odd, but the concept is great.

Dusclord

Ganon killer
    Years
  • Hey mais c'est super, tu as quelques progrès à faire, ça ressemble un peu à de la traduction mot-à-mot mais normal, c'est une langue difficile à apprendre alors bravo 8D

--------

Another signature, personnaly I like it but critics are essential to progress.

Border and text kills the tag. Takes up to much room, and focalizes. The effects are lacking in spunk, and color. Maybe add some more exciting effects, and get rid of that horrid white smudge on the left. It was a good effort though, keep it up.

Could I get a re-rate on my LP, the first one was useless.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • Comic Tragedy said:
    I wish I could make original LPs :o Anyway, the first time I saw it, I really loved it. It's a nice concept and constructed rather well. Though I feel some of the bottom is unnecessary, so I'd cut some of it off. Not too much though, just a small amount. I also feel you should blur the left area a bit more, since everything else around the hand is blurred more. The last thing that stood out to me was the far right flower. It is kinda lit up more that the other two, which I liked. So you should make the other two just as bright with a soft brush OR dodge.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two last, unfinished requests that were lingering in my tag shop. I finally did them, so yea...Wonder if I've gotten better at requests?

PS: I updated my showcase, but no one noticed :o It went pretty low on the thread list fast.</cry for attention>

----------------
    Listening to: Paramore - We Are Broken
    via FoxyTunes

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Conman: The image blends with the rest of the background, it blends too much that I didn't see at it for a quick lance. But my favorite once is the sonic one. It's really really cool. I love it how you matched the pen tooling, c4d and all.

--

Now, then. Crappy banners again.

I posted the avvy since, it's not an avvy?

Idle.

Seriously.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008
    @Ryouki: I like it, it's simple yet good, your banner shows that a lot and lot of brushes and effects are not needed to make a decent banner. 7.9/10 Good Job.

------------------------------------------------------------

I made this using a tut but then I edited it a little bit as the tutorial outcome was a little too plain.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @Idle - The white line isn't good at all. Text is blurry. There aren't much affects to look at. The blending isn't good. And the placement is bad.

Ya i got bored enough to reinstall photoshop. But imo i think it's pretty good considering i haven't made a tag in what seems like forever.

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years

• @evilcheese: Nice work here. The choice of render is superb and blending is excellent. The wireframe web effects around the base are a bit too bold, especially on the left side. Tone down on opacity a bit on those. Light source is really nice. The bits around the right side of your render are a bit too sharp, and ugly-looking...

Here's mine, featuring Iron Man, with lyrics to the song on the right:

Last edited:

Idle.

Seriously.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008
    @SwampertTrainer: I like it...it could do with a few small effects around the render.I like the way the text on the right is added as it sort of blends in. Good work 7/10.

---------------------------------

My newest banner:

@evilcheese: Ha. Don't try and trick me cheese. You have been posting at tech-gfx. (you little rascal, don't try and pull a fast one past uncle Capitano!

Anyone, this is simply better than anything else I have ever seen you make. All the effects are great, yet you have a bit of floating head syndrome. Only really bad thing is the over sharpening on either side of the focal.

@swamperttrainer: The contrast in this tag is bugging me. For instance the difference between the face of Iron man, and his lower torso is strange in focus. The top - too sharp, and the bottom - too blurry. Try and fix that.

The text on the side is distracting, and honestly doesn't even make a cool effect :<

And lastly the dotty brushing around the bottom makes for a kiddy feel which I would do out with. Try finding a more exciting effect to replace that yucky brush.

@idle: Really I think you did the whole grunge brushing effect the best you can possibly do it xD

I mean, there are some touch ups in order. Cleaning up the focal. For instance the focal kind of looks "dirty" because of the grunge brush. Again, I don't find the whole slated text leaning on a body part any appealing. I think it is just annoying, and doesn't even create flow. So try doing something different then that. Then lastly just try adding more color....................... yeah.

Sandro™

Retired!
    Years
  • @Idle:
    Hmmm... i think it could use a little brightness? the color of his hair blends really good with the background. 8.9/10

Here's my old lucario thing but in the normal way:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Sorry, but I'm really not a fan of it :/ The coloring is awkward, there isn't a definitive light source, and the fact that the render is opaque kind of takes away from it as well :/

Just want a re-rate on the tag in my sig (Please from someone with loads of experience :P)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back