• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Loki: I don't think it's one of your best works Loki, but it's still pretty freakin' rad. I love the colours in it, and the render is pretty cool. The effects you added flow well with it too! I think the render would flow better with a bit more of a background though I can't say what kind, it's just a feeling I get. XD;

Here goes my attempt at photoshopping for the first time in like a year...

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Relyt: I like it. It has a nice color scheme to it, and a nice effect.

My first attempt at making a banner type thing. I followed a confusing at parts tutorial. It is made using gimp, and pretty much the average gimp brushes. So.. yeah..

I think that it dark.. to dark. Well yeah.. it is my first one, and it was really my first time using a program like gimp..
    --
    If someone knows a good gimp tut, can you link it to me?

Last edited:

RosaSunglasses.

Final Fantasy XIII
    Years
  • i think it's really good it's a bit too dark but that's really it i would rate you 9/10 ^^
    and how amazing it is since it is your first time
    my GFX is the one in my sig please rate it
    XD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I'm sorry if my rating skills are a bit... bleh. Also, I seriously thought that mine was a wildcard. XD

Nilojan, it looks pretty good by my standards (I have no standards). However, I say that the borders are a bit too big. Also, I can't really see what the words in the border say. What does it say? D:

8/10 Overall; with some stuff that I don't like (the large borders).

Mine is also in my signature. I know, a train wreck. It's my first and probably my last because after Xister, my former friend and graphix teacher, quit on me, I completely got lost with everything.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I'd like to know what people think of my current theme.
    Love it or hate it, I don't mind. I'd just like to hear what you have to say about it.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • nilojan: There are two major problems with this banner: it is too monotone and too plain. Also, the foot(?) of your render is cut off, if you haven't noticed. I think the text would be better if it was moved closer to your focal and if you changed the subtext to a diff color (as it is really hard to read at the moment).

-----

Funny how I decide to come back to this thread after it goes totally inactive. xD

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • @Gummy - The depth is a little borked if you ask me. It looks a bit too flat. Everything seems to have the same level of depth. Everything looks like it's on the same plane as the stock. Effects are pretty much overkilled. There's a lot of shiny renders everywhere that look kind of slapped on. The tag looks pretty monotone as well. I'd like to see more greens and blues rather than all purples.

Also, link to stock please?

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
  • @Gummy: I don't really know what to say since I'm an amateur but I really like your banner. As CME said it is a little monotone but you blended the stock with the background pretty well and the text is just perfect.

My tag:

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
  • Wow I haven't been here for a while...

Um, ok "Gummy" I guess:
    I love the colors and depth, but that screen flare on his elbow is very very distracting. Additionally, most of the flow and contour in the banner goes towards that spot anyway, so try putting the flare (if you have to have one) in the place where your viewer should look. I'm a little out of practice, so that's it...

A bit big for the page, so I'll give a link
    I decided to try something new- a simple little brush flare with layer effects

https://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp3/SasoChicken/IGNITE.png

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Ascaris: I like the color scheme, I think the lady takes up to much space though. I also have to disagree with the text, I don't like the style. Cleverly placed bullet hole, hmm.. I rate a 7.5/10

Swampert Trainer: It is too plain. The font is just bleargh. Still, I like some of it, but it is just plain. I think you were going for a simple one, but it could do with a bit more.

Now, on to my banner-thingy(AFter some toying around in GIMP):

Yeah, as you can see I'm not very good.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well when it comes to tags Agamendmn, you'll want a focal. A clear, focal. D:

In this tag, your focal feels kind of lost in all your effects, since it's all dark red and black en masse. I'd suggest something to make the whole thing pop a little more- have a little more pizazz to it. And maybe add more colors. x_X Your image seems really LQ too, so you'd probably do better to start out with a more high quality png.

And until that happens, I'll leave the rate at that, because the rest is probably more in-depth than you're looking for. xD;

edit: Can't believe I forgot!
    The c4d behind her hair? Made by Tiny, so go look at his gallery because it is smex.

Last edited:
    I see what your doing here, my luvely Loki <3, but ofcourse I must rate it.

I like the new style. The cartoony doodles, text, shapes and concept is really fun, and makes it fun to look at. Despite all this I have a few things to pick at. First of all, I kinda see this tag coming off a bit LQ, and feel some of the effects are simply not needed. For example, I am pretty sure you used a bubble c4d at some point. I feel that you could ween yourself off of using it because the tag stands well on its own (or atleast the fragments of the c4d floating around on the edges).

I think if you pick, and chose a little with the effects or images in this tag it would be awesome. Because, like I said earlier, the style is great and I love it. : D

border

Rate my tag, and Loki's please (I don't feel I did her justice :<).

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • ascaris
    Oh god, my eyes. >:< It's wayyy to bright and plain for a banner. I think you've got the concept of the c4ds well, but you didn't utilize it correctly. xD; There's almost no depth at all. The big white c4d looks just too bland, bright, and ugly. The render is a bit blurry too, if you ask me. What are you doing to get that white stuff, by the way? I'd say get only a small light source; perhaps where the crack is or the beginning of the gun. Albit monotonous as well. C4ds look rather slapped on; needs more effects. Text sticks out like a sore thumb

swamperttrainer
    It's pretty good for the style, I guess. XD; I like the different effects and stuff around it, but I think a little dot of white in the light source would do it a little good. Definitely not a fan of the text though. I know the style you're trying to aim for with the text but it just doesn't flow.

agamendmon
    :< Render is really blurry right there, and the banner is way too plain. No lighting, no depth, no flow, no quality, no color. Get some lighting in with a soft white brush and / or overlay white colors. Attract some attention to the render by adding a lightened background behind it. My eyes go right past the render. :| Add some more color too. Sharpen and blur certain areas to add depth.
    Edit: /needs to refresh page.

loki
    Really like the new style you're using with the little playful design. A bit bright, but it's really lively I guess. xD The render seems a bit odd and a little low quality to me though, but I'm in love with the vector-ish effects. Vector's really a cool design. ... I like vector.

comic tragedy
    Oh gosh, really don't know what to say with this style. XD; The blue needs a little saturation, I guess? Anyways, it's pretty good to me.

...that was a bad rate.​

Rate CT's tag again cuz my rate sucked.

Last edited:

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • ... I'm pretty sure this is stolen, in a way. I have a PSD from a PSD pack, just like this, except yours has a bit more detail, the pen tooling is all the same and everything. No comment.

@CT
    Sorry, assumed the worst there, so I like what you've added to this, it's definately better than the original, but maybe I bit more colorful?

@Loki
    I looove this, as always with your st00fs.
    Anyways, the colors are nice, but some of the effect c4d's on the sides look a bit out of place.

Ratums please. I was bored.

Rate CT's and Loki's & Mine.

Last edited:
    ... I'm pretty sure this is stolen, in a way. I have a PSD from a PSD pack, just like this, except yours has a bit more detail, the pen tooling is all the same and everything. No comment.

@CT
    Sorry, assumed the worst there, so I like what you've added to this, it's definately better than the original, but maybe I bit more colorful?

Ratums please. I was bored.

I'm just glad you actually listened to me. Instead of just thinking I ripped the tag.
    :<

Hokay, about your tag. First of all I'd like to say that all the effects you have are straight up great. Text looks pretty cool, though I'd like to know if its a font or if you have a method of distorting your font (I would want to try myself). The render is cool, and the colors are, um, red and orange.

I think the best thing you can do here, and notice I'm gunna sound like a beginner signature teacher, is blend the render. I have almost forgotten about doing that at all in my sigs, but somehow it is. In this one not so much. Also, I don't mean like slightly erase some parts xD Actually be creative.

If that happened. This would be smex.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    You guys seriously want me to rate both of your banners just because you thought your rates were cruddy? DDD: when they weren't really all that bad?

xD Just kidding.

CT: Hmm, I see what you mean about how it's a little too crowded. And the LQ pieces is just because ugh, whoever vectored it needs to learn how to vector. <_<;;;; But that's just the png, so I guess the rest is just because it's way overcrowded- and I see what you mean. It's starting to bug me too. :I
    And no actually, it's not a bubble c4d (I can't use those to save my life) it's actually a light texture. :B Usually the effect is that it turns out all rainbow-y, and you might've seen me use that texture on my other tags, but this tag was just too bright and so when I set it on linear dodge, the colors disappeared. ;; I thought the outer edges were to a little to empty without 'em though, so I just left 'em. :/

As for your tag, I like it, for the most part. I don't... know if I really like the shape. Like, this is definitely one of those tags that would look WAY better as an LP, and it's... not. xD; Everything seems really chaotic and condensed, so even though the effects, colors, and textures and stuff are all like, amazing, it just feels really slapped on. It's definitely not bad though- it kind of reminds me of Sawyer and his style, back when he was still around, but I definitely think that either you need more BRIGHT colors to catch someone's eye, instead of just having red, or you need to find a way to bring in a semblance of a focal point.

22: Don't like the use of Tiny's c4d.
    At all. xD;;

Like, that thing was SO colorful, and all the colors are like, gone. ;; To me, it kind of looks like you just shoved a gradient map under Fran and wiped your hands clean of the job. The effects overall, I do like, especially the red underneath Fran, but I just don't like how some people are using that particular c4d. Maybe it's just because I think it's really hard to use and get looking awesome, but seems like whenever I see it, it's just not well incorporated. Like CT said, blend! Or at least get some foreground effects in there.

And lastly, I really think that you over-sharpened this. <_< Like, Fran just looks like a bunch of pixels, and it's not aesthetically pleasing.

Oh, I forgot to ask, does your text say... Fanta? xDDD;;; [/that what I'm reading it as]

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Oh, I forgot to ask, does your text say... Fanta? xDDD;;; [/that what I'm reading it as]

Me and my text that looks like other text XD
    It's meant to be Fantasy, but I left it so it looked like Fanta cause I've got a Fanta addiction atm XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back