• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Hoenn Diaries (M) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Just a reminder that capture posts should end before the capture is a success or failure. The success or failure of captures is up to the GM.

In saying that though, Ash's Pikachu's capture was a success and the starly has the ability Keen Eye.

Ohh, I'm sorry. Didn't realize that, won't happen again.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Akito's definitely challenging the gym. Our post will be up by Sunday. Also, eagerly waiting for the next chapter:D

If there's some fighting contest, then Akito'll be in that too....

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
We finished the post. So I wanted to ask how trade evolutions occur in this RP? Also do your pokemon learn the egg moves?

Years
Trade evolutions do not exist as stated in the OP. Instead trade evolution pokemon evolve normally like any other pokemon. Any move in a pokemon's movepool can be learn but generally speaking I'm following a method of

1. Check level-up moves. If none are liked or seem appropriate, go to step 2.
2. Check TM/HM moves. If none are liked or seem appropriate, go to step 3.
3. Check egg moves. If none are used or seem appropriate, cry.

So, how many of us are about ready for the next chapter? I still have to finish battling the sandshrew but after that I'll be ready to move on and most of you seem almost ready, if not ready.

Edit:

Update

Akito's Vulcan can learn Rock Tomb. Forget a move?

Aj's Machop can learn Light Screen. Forget a move? (Your format doesn't display your pokemon's moves so please keep your info in the pad up to date. I currently have no idea what moves the machop has or what it's name is.)

Below is the draft roster for gym access I have so far.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Seems about right to me. And I'm waiting for everyone else x.x

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
Years
looks good to me, I'll update the moves list later tonight(and include it in my posts) . As for the Machop's name, AJ will decide on a name for him.

As for light screen, I'd like Machop to stop trying to learn Light screen. Unless of course you want me to do so in the post.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Trade evolutions do not exist as stated in the OP. Instead trade evolution pokemon evolve normally like any other pokemon.

Interseting. Gengar here I come!

Any move in a pokemon's movepool can be learn but generally speaking I'm following a method of

1. Check level-up moves. If none are liked or seem appropriate, go to step 2.
2. Check TM/HM moves. If none are liked or seem appropriate, go to step 3.
3. Check egg moves. If none are used or seem appropriate, cry.

I see........ So what about move tutor moves? Are they step 4?

So, how many of us are about ready for the next chapter ?

I'm eagerly waiting for the next chapter. Although, I have to write two more posts involving capturing two pokemon.

Akito's Vulcan can learn Rock Tomb. Forget a move?

I choose to forget ..... Ember, I updated the pad with the information.

Below is the draft roster for gym access I have so far.

Spoiler:

It seems fine Gimme. Akito has a few friends in Mauville anyway.

Years
Alright that's good.
I forgot about tutor moves, they come in before egg moves I guess xD

I'll post the next chapter by next week.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Posted. It was actually a pretty fun post to write. Also, can the Magikarp have Bounce since Magikarp doesnt have much in terms of moves.

Years
That was quite amusing actually :D

Akito's capture was a success his new magikarp has the ability Rattled. Sure, you can have bounce if you keep everything balanced.

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
Years
I was right about to head to bed... and I decided to check to see if any OOC's had been updated... your update was literally met with OMERGERSH GIMMEPIE PERSTED! XD I'm going to stay up and finish writing up my next post real quick then ^-^.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
What's going on everyone?
The next chapter is about to be posted. Sorry for the wait, I have been really busy lately.

Saw the next chapter. Seems pretty good. I guess one of Akito's friends will take him out to the Game Corner.

Years
xD
Sorry I kept you waiting Zen.

Don't forget you can include any other locations you come up with also, those are just the most notable places in the city. Cities are big places though so you could find anything.

Years
I'd suggest they'd have pretty much everything you need. Potions of varying strengths, pokeballs (let's just keep it at normal pokeballs for now), useful equipment. That sort of thing. Is there anything in particular you had in mind?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
AMG, I'm up first at the Gym & everything!
I gotta have Midori catch another Pokémon before entering Mauvile c.c
Been super busy lately so I'll have to try catching up tomorrow, after going to the bank to get my card activated and stuff @w@

After much thinking, Midori's gonna go for a Budew.And I'm looking at this moveset: Stun Spore, Hidden Power(Ground), Frustration and Absorb. Frustration only because it's not gonna like Midori much for quite a while c.c and Hidden Power Ground because Budew isn't the strongest of Pokémon and it would benefit Midori in the Gym a bit I guess c.c

Let me know if that's alright @w@

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back