• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
Years
  • Man, it's been a while.

Finally deciding to return, lol

Well, since I have a 99.99999999% chance of NOT getting any type of shiny Lati, I guess only luck can help, since I doubt that PUSA will give me the ticket for my games...

To help entertain us:

Who would be better off with a Garchomp in a pit, Latias, or Latios?

Like QANTAN said, either way, the Garchomp is dead. :3 Though if the Garchomp attacks first (which, frankly, it often does, even against my 300+ speed Latias D:), Latias is probably more likely to survive. Then ice beam finishes Garchy off. :D

I would've thought they'd do a lot more damage, but come on! At 70 Power (77 Actually because of STAB) and only 5 uses of it (8), what does it have over Psychic? I think those moves really need to be overhauled. Both moves can be tailor made for each Lati, Latios would use brute power and Latias would affect Spe Att and Def while it is weaker.

Like:
    Mist Ball
    Power: 70
    100% Chance: Reduces Spe Att and Spe Def of the foe by 3 Levels.

Luster Purge
    Power: 120
    20% Chance: Redcues Spe Att and Spe Def by a single level.

Remember, STAB is 150% power, not 110% ;), making Mist Ball and Psychic 105 and 135, respectively. Either way, Psychic is still better. xD

But I'm in agreement anyway: the Lati signature moves are in definite need of an overhaul for them to become more than novelties. :0

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    lol, tell me about it. How many times has Ash saved the world now? Eleven?

They really had my hopes up, thinking things were going to change with Hikari/Dawn ... but then Ash blunders on by and screws everything up. :x

Nono, probably more than that. The 11 or so movies then the 1532325482359842ruf438ur94 times during the anime. ITS INSANE WTH GARY'S BETTER THAN HE IS >:U

I mean like, THERE'S EVEN A FREAKING PROPHERCY MADE ABOUT HIM. How old is he now? Still trapped as a 10 year old. That's what amazes me, he saved the world a kazillion times when he was TEN. My brother is ten, and he's hardly capable. WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN FEEDING HIM?! [/rant]

yeah, I am Latias4ever on deviantART! I see you found my deviantArt!

YAY fellow deviantartian. c:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • There have been more Pokemon episodes than days in a year. Even if each episode only took a day (which a lot of them don't), Ash would still probably be...what? Twelve? But no.

And yeah, the Garchomp question has been sufficiently explored, I believe. Now to get a little more aggressive:

Who would win in a battle between Latias and Latios?

Hmmhmm. I'm actually not sure how I would answer that question myself. They both would have an equal chance at scoring the first hit, and I think both would die if the other used a super-effective move. So either. o.O

I have a dA account, too...

Years
  • There have been more Pokemon episodes than days in a year. Even if each episode only took a day (which a lot of them don't), Ash would still probably be...what? Twelve? But no.

And yeah, the Garchomp question has been sufficiently explored, I believe. Now to get a little more aggressive:

Who would win in a battle between Latias and Latios?

Hmmhmm. I'm actually not sure how I would answer that question myself. They both would have an equal chance at scoring the first hit, and I think both would die if the other used a super-effective move. So either. o.O

Latios, because it's siggy move is much more powerful, so it could win with either that or Ice Beam. Many factors could change this though...

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Well, that is a tough one! xD

With Latias boasting amazing SD.DEF and Latios sporting a more-than-respectable SP.ATK, it may just come down to whoever attacks first! :0

HOWEVER! Latios also has a higher ATK, to which Latias's DEF is higher (but still relatively low). I think if Latios used STAB'd physical attacks (Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Outrage, etc.), he might have the edge to squeeze him the win.

Years
  • We should find out!

Get a perfect IV'd Modest Latios, and a perfect IV'd (Sp Def Nature here) Latias, and have them fight to the death!

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
  • Well, that is a tough one! xD

With Latias boasting amazing SD.DEF and Latios sporting a more-than-respectable SP.ATK, it may just come down to whoever attacks first! :0

HOWEVER! Latios also has a higher ATK, to which Latias's DEF is higher (but still relatively low). I think if Latios used STAB'd physical attacks (Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Outrage, etc.), he might have the edge to squeeze him the win.

I really think it all depends on who happens to get the first move...

Then again, I don't really know much about Pokemon battling, so don't look at me xP

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Heh, if the allocations were the same (By the same, I mean that you would give any EVs in Spe Att to Latios and Spe Def to Latias while everything else is kept the same, if you know what I mean) it would all come down to luck on who goes first.

All I can say is that this is one match you don't want to be betting on. Too unpredictable to determine a clear winner.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Hi can I join too? Latios is my favorite, but Latias is also ok too.

Well sure you can! Welcome!

Blasphemy, Latias is a freakin' beast, while Latios is a boss XD

lmao, the rule states "you must love/like/adore/etc. Latias and/or Latios". So he passes. :3

Shoddy battle it is! Anyone want to organize such a bout? (And let's have their speeds be the same, obviously).

I think I have a Shoddy acct, but I can't remember lol. If anyone else wants to try it I'd love to hear the results. But I could always help if we're short on battlers. :]

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Yes I know that, I've seen you on Kai's account numbers of times. I think I may have commented you once? YOU ARE LOVED, OK?

Bleaugh I'm not one for IVs and EVs and STABs or whatever, so I'ma guess and say whoevers on my team wins.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Yes I know that, I've seen you on Kai's account numbers of times. I think I may have commented you once? YOU ARE LOVED, OK?

Bleaugh I'm not one for IVs and EVs and STABs or whatever, so I'ma guess and say whoevers on my team wins.

So wait, who is on your team then?

Yeah, but that's just rude, screwing over one of the Latis :P

They aren't being screwed over! It's a fair test of strength. And only the fittest surviiiive! >:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back