• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
  • Maybe because in yours it takes a long time, and it's very annoying. If you have a very fast pokemon(Crobat best) that have Mean look, then kaboom,

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I personally think saving the Master Ball for the Lati is the better plan. Sure, it makes catching Kyogre/Groudon much harder, but of course the main prize is the Lati, right? :] However, foregoing Ky/Gr also makes beating the E4 much harder unless you have another GBA game to trade from.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Meh, Kygore and Groundon were never that hard to capture for me. Save the Master Ball to prevent yourself getting tormented by a Lati.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I adore both latios and latias, so I would like to be a member pwease???

Well looky here! Sorry for the long wait, I thought I'd addressed all the new members already! ^^; Anyways, welcome to the club! I'll add you to the list~

Regarding Latios's suspect test, it seems that Smogon's test will end in a few days. Seeing how unanimously that Latias was voted into the OU tier, I'm expecting similar results for her bro. It'll be great being able to use the Latis online and with friends again! x3

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Yeah, but I've got a real bad feeling about this. On another note, I think we'll be seeing a few more faces down here if Latios passes. The Latis were big stuff before, some minor Ubers could see normal usage as well.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Yeah, but I've got a real bad feeling about this. On another note, I think we'll be seeing a few more faces down here if Latios passes. The Latis were big stuff before, some minor Ubers could see normal usage as well.

Bad feeling about what, exactly? I can't really tell from your post. ^^;

I hope Latios makes it though. I'm glad Smogon is taking the time to reevaluate the borderline Uber/OUs now. It'll help lift the 'legendary = uber' predisposition many seems to have. I guess all this testing will lead to a more balanced metagame in the end.

Years
  • Yeah, I guess us Lati Fanatics all hope for the same thing :P
    And I don't think Smogon immediately judges a legendary as an Uber right away, since there were the Birds, the Dogs, the Regis, the Pixies, Regigigas, Heatran, Cresselia, and Shaymin. I know there were a few others, but seriously...

So, let's discuss... Oh, I don't know, maybe their signature moves? I'd say Luster Purge is WAY better than... Mist Ball or whatever Latias uses. Luster Purge is all around stronger than the other. So yeah... And I favor it anyway... Nao, give me all of your opinions and whatnot! XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Bad feeling about what, exactly? I can't really tell from your post. ^^;

I hope Latios makes it though. I'm glad Smogon is taking the time to reevaluate the borderline Uber/OUs now. It'll help lift the 'legendary = uber' predisposition many seems to have. I guess all this testing will lead to a more balanced metagame in the end.

The bad feeling I'm getting is that Latios could be seen as a Dragon too far to throw the Metagame out of order, hence staying in the Uber tier.

But I'm hoping that if Latios gets accepted, a few more Ubers can see OU play. Some of them there I would consider to be next to no use up there. Heck, they might as well put down Garchomp down while they're at it, the more the merrier.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Yeah, I guess us Lati Fanatics all hope for the same thing :P
    And I don't think Smogon immediately judges a legendary as an Uber right away, since there were the Birds, the Dogs, the Regis, the Pixies, Regigigas, Heatran, Cresselia, and Shaymin. I know there were a few others, but seriously...

So, let's discuss... Oh, I don't know, maybe their signature moves? I'd say Luster Purge is WAY better than... Mist Ball or whatever Latias uses. Luster Purge is all around stronger than the other. So yeah... And I favor it anyway... Nao, give me all of your opinions and whatnot! XD

Well, if you compare the two moves, they are both relatively equal. The only difference between the two is that one lowers SP.DEF and one lowers SP.ATK, which boosts Latios's and Latias's offensive and defensive abilities, respectively.

Of course, when compared to other moves, neither Luster Purge nor Mist Ball can really match up. Psychic is more powerful than both AND has more PP. I think the main drawback with the signature moves is how dismally low the PP is. Moves with 70 base power deserve 15-20 PP at least.

The bad feeling I'm getting is that Latios could be seen as a Dragon too far to throw the Metagame out of order, hence staying in the Uber tier.

But I'm hoping that if Latios gets accepted, a few more Ubers can see OU play. Some of them there I would consider to be next to no use up there. Heck, they might as well put down Garchomp down while they're at it, the more the merrier.

I see. But my feeling is that the metagame is centralized around dragons already, so Latios wouldn't make much of a difference. There are already many counters for the likes of Salamence, Flygon, Dragonite, Kingdra and other OU dragons. And most of them can be applied to the Latis, save for the fact that the Lati siblings do not have a crippling 4x ice weakness.

Garchomp it seems isn't really much of a threat to most people that I've talked to. Like I mentioned, the game is littered with dragons in nearly every team. So if you don't have a decent dragon-counter in your team, you deserve to lose to one. :P

hi i like latios latias and my fav lati is the blue 1 latios i think i always get them mixed up

Latios is the blue one and
    Latias is the red one.

You didn't say so in your post, but would you be interested in joining the club? ^^

Years
  • Well, Latios has a powerful Sp. Attack, but Latias has a good Sp. Defense. That kind of makes them negate each other :P

I'm thinking about going back to Soft Resetting for Latios in Ruby. Even though I SRed right over a green Registeel on Friday x[
    Maybe I'll have some luck with stats or something.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • can i join i love latias (even though i think latios is stonger she( latias)is cooler

Sure you can! Welcome to the club!

Well, Latios has a powerful Sp. Attack, but Latias has a good Sp. Defense. That kind of makes them negate each other :P

I'm thinking about going back to Soft Resetting for Latios in Ruby. Even though I SRed right over a green Registeel on Friday x[
    Maybe I'll have some luck with stats or something.

Yeah. I still have yet to see a Latios and Latias battle each other. I'd assume the results might be interesting. :]

I SR'd for my Latias a few years back (for Natures). It's not too bad. If you have a good routine it doesn't take long at all to find your Lati each time. I don't know if it was just bad luck or what, but it took me about a month to finally get the nature I wanted. XD And that was like SRing around 5 times a day, that is.

hmm...
    i couldnt find this website for a while, but im back now! :D
    hai.

lol, welcome back! Would you be interested in joining the club? ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back