• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The male protagonist is a fashion disaster

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    in the case of brendans hair

its not as easy to see in the RS art
    but in the Emerald art

[IMAGE]

he has black sideburns o:

hats = automatic cool according to pokemon o:
    Brendan just wants to be as cool as Gold and Red :>

His backsprite makes it much more clear his hair is black.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    His backsprite makes it much more clear his hair is black.
    oh ho horlynao? /never noticed o:

The male protagonist is a fashion disaster

oh yeaaaa xD;

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    What's with all the trouser bashing? I quite like Gold's three quarter lengths, besides I've seen plenty of people out in ones like them. Maybe they're just not as popular in America (I mean IRL)

Also I tried wearing my cap backwards on sports day... didn't work for me, I looked about 4 years younger. But now I think about it that's about Gold's age anyways.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    Personally, i don't care about the clothes they wear i just play the game and enjoy it but customiseable clothing would be cool.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Thanks to this revelation, I will never look at Brendan the same. >_>

That is a really weird hat. O_o

Years
    Am I the only one amused by the fact that Gold out of him and Soul is complained about than the latter? He has had his character design for 10 years, I believe. HeartGold and SoulSilver are remakes of the original Gold, Silver and Crystal; while there are changes implemented there are various things kept the same, and that would be Gold's look.

Besides, what's so bad about the backwards cap look? That to me shows the prim demeanour of a youth, the sort of image the designer was going for in the first place. It's not uncommon, it's still a rather trendy fashion statement as I've seen a fair number of people go around with a backwards cap on their head, they usually know how to work the look and I have not seen anybody complain about it until I read the very first post in this thread. Honestly? I don't see anything wrong whatsoever, but each to their own I suppose.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    The main difference is that the pokemon world is not the same as the real world, so of course you wont see people going out wearing the same clothes, just like you wont see people going out with their pokemon.

Not to mention the whole japanese fashion thing.
    Personally I think Gold's outfit is very fashionable and bold. I find his pants are really cool and make him look sporty - fitting the whole pokethlon thing the games have now.

Ayselipera

I think hes fine. Just the pants are a little weird.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    Because ten year olds running around getting dirty in the grass need to have outfits strung together by Coco Chanel herself. Hey, at least they aren't trendy hipsters.

But still, Gold's backwards cap doesn't compare to Lucas' floppy hat. That was tragic.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I know that the characters in Pokemon aren't exactly known for their fashion sense, but in the fourth gen games it really seemed like Ken Sugimori had started giving at least some priority to the clothes that characters were wearing. In my opinion, Lucas and Dawn looked really cool, and some of the NPCs did too (Cynthia's fur coat was amazing).

Yeah, because a beret is so cool >_>

I don't care much about graphics at all. The concept art is not only just a concept, but it's not like you will see it on the overworld, unless backwards hats are too much of a deal to you. And since when was pokemon supposed to be a fashion show? Please tell me, because I clearly didn't get the message.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    /pops in
    the beret is awesome ;0

Lucas just wants to be one of the cool kids
    Because all the cool kids wear hats

But you see
    he just can't be as cool as Gold. The coolest kids wear their hats
    ~backwards~

IndigoPlateau

Captain of the Awesome Team
    Years
    I liked Gold's clothes the most, yeah. They're reminiscent of Ash's clothes in the R/B/Y games so there's a bit of a nostalgic feel to them. Kind of like how Mutt Williams' clothes look like Indiana Jones'. Its not the same guy but the outfit gives you the feel of the character.

Back