• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The manga vs anime storyline

LeSmexyMongoose

PeT MeH oR Die!! >;D
Years
  • The stuff in the manga actually make sense. In the anime and the games, you can only carry 6 pokemon with you, but in the manga you can carry as much as you wanted! I remember a part in a manga where Lt. Surge gets beat up by some masked dude, and uses his 129391238192398131 electrodes to self destruct and escape. Now, wouldn't carrying thirty thousand pokemon in real life be helpful in a dangerous situation?

Would it? o.O
    Well...
    This is just a theory...
    I think the PC storage can be set with an option where you can set any location for your pokemon to be stored.
    That's just my theory!!! >w<

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • The stuff in the manga actually make sense. In the anime and the games, you can only carry 6 pokemon with you, but in the manga you can carry as much as you wanted! I remember a part in a manga where Lt. Surge gets beat up by some masked dude, and uses his 129391238192398131 electrodes to self destruct and escape. Now, wouldn't carrying thirty thousand pokemon in real life be helpful in a dangerous situation?
    That kind of contradicted yourself. While I agree, having several Pokemon with you would be a good thing, having more than a few of any Pokemon using selfdestruct at once, is both incredibly stupid, dangerous and wouldn't make sense. Using smog would be much more useful. *nodnod*

Personally, I think if Pokemon were to be somehow relayed into real life, I think a lot of the rules and limits would be gone. Considering it started off a limited gameboy game... yeah. I think the six Pokemon thing in real life would be more like a rule for competitive battling than actually being able to keep them with you.

LeSmexyMongoose

PeT MeH oR Die!! >;D
    Years
  • That kind of contradicted yourself. While I agree, having several Pokemon with you would be a good thing, having more than a few of any Pokemon using selfdestruct at once, is both incredibly stupid, dangerous and wouldn't make sense. Using smog would be much more useful. *nodnod*

Personally, I think if Pokemon were to be somehow relayed into real life, I think a lot of the rules and limits would be gone. Considering it started off a limited gameboy game... yeah. I think the six Pokemon thing in real life would be more like a rule for competitive battling than actually being able to keep them with you.

So true >.>
    Most likely breeders can breed as much pokemon as they want,
    Farms (like the Milktank Moo Moo Milk farms) can have as much Milktanks as they want.
    As for trainers, it wouldn't make scense to keep a battle with 297382683686382 pokemon or something. The rule basicly aplies for trainer's I guess.

Years
  • One thing I don't get in anime is how do they know which pokemon is in which pokeball
    I mean in the manga you can actually see through the pokeball

Lullabyse

Harvest Sprite Rescuer
    Years
  • The Arbok who was cut in half regenerated itself, Koga makes that clear to us in Yellow... o_O
    I think at one point though, Giovanni killed two or three Magmars. You didn't really see them, but he had his Cloyster freeze them and was all like, "Finish the job..."
    And Maxim? It might not be THE Pokemon manga, but it was the one the creator of Pokemon said most resembled his ideals. It's long and has a good plot, plus it's one of the only ones in English as you said. Think before you get mad, hon.

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • I think the deal with carrying more Pokemon has to do with where you began your journey. Ash and Gary for instance, are like "official" trainers. They carry a Pokedex and they started their journey at a Pokemon laboratory. Thus, once they have six Pokemon, any newly caught ones are transferred.

Now, remember the episode,"Charmander, The Stray Pokemon." Charmanders' trainer had some thirty Pokemon with him. He (I assume) doesn't have a Pokedex and just started catching Pokemon on his own. Therefore, where would the Pokemon be sent? Although he can probably defeat gyms and collect badges, IMO he's not the type of trainer that Ash and Gary are.

This has to do with the anime.
    PokeSpecial, of course, is completely different.

Years
  • Tu Hablas Espanol Osrow? Me hablo puquito en Espanol XD
    Well I can't remember all the episodes with Richie on it since I haven't been able to watch the anime much in the US (We don't have cable and I don't have much 'net time) So Richie actually MARKED the Pokeballs to know what's inside. =O I actually thought that see through PokeBalls was quite unique in PokeSpe.

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • Hmm. I thought Richie only had six Pokemon with him?

Ah..Donde el bano? Hamburguesa de queso. That's about the extent of my Spanish. If I went abroad, I could pretty much say Hi, Bye, How are you, My name is, Where's the bathroom, and Where's the cheeseburgers? Woo!

Je suis un pamplemousse, don moi te croissaint! That's french, but I'm Italian. I wanna learn Italian! And Japanese! Difficult...

OK yeah I'm done. I love how Ash just picks a Pokeball and is never wrong. Also, don't all of Richie's Pokemon have the same marking on them? I think he said he put the markings on them just to differentiate them from other trainers' Pokeballs.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • Hmm. I thought Richie only had six Pokemon with him?

Ah..Donde el bano? Hamburguesa de queso. That's about the extent of my Spanish. If I went abroad, I could pretty much say Hi, Bye, How are you, My name is, Where's the bathroom, and Where's the cheeseburgers? Woo!

Je suis un pamplemousse, don moi te croissaint! That's french, but I'm Italian. I wanna learn Italian! And Japanese! Difficult...

OK yeah I'm done. I love how Ash just picks a Pokeball and is never wrong. Also, don't all of Richie's Pokemon have the same marking on them? I think he said he put the markings on them just to differentiate them from other trainers' Pokeballs.

I can SPEAK Japanese, but not read it. And Richie should've made the star markings a different color for each Pokemon, at least.

Thundєr

Freelancer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013

You're right, I forgot about that.

I can SPEAK Japanese, but not read it. And Richie should've made the star markings a different color for each Pokemon, at least.

Knowing japanese, there's no need for subbed things.

Last edited:

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • One thing I don't get in anime is how do they know which pokemon is in which pokeball
    I mean in the manga you can actually see through the pokeball
    From what I can tell, Ash and Co. keep their PokéBalls in a certain order. Much like in the games where [insert Pokémon name here] goes first in your party and [inert other Pokémon] is the last one.

And Maxim? It might not be THE Pokemon manga, but it was the one the creator of Pokemon said most resembled his ideals. It's long and has a good plot, plus it's one of the only ones in English as you said. Think before you get mad, hon.
    Tajiri said that Special came closest to conveying his WORLD, but he only mentioned that. No word of situations, plots, characters, etc. Not to mention that he said that years ago.
    To repeat what someone else said on Serebii.
    Also one of the reasons i can't bring myself to support CrystalxGold and barely YellowxRed.
    >=X But reading is the best part! It shows that you know what you are talking about. Knowing random vocabulary words doesn't mean you know Japanese. Grammar is a completely horrible an important part of the this or any language. Do you actually speak it or is it something like, "I suki nekos desu. They are so kawaii." Please tell me I'm wrong or I may have to stab someone in the face. I'm enjoying this topic and I don't want to have to go insane.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I actually thought that The Charge of Team Galactic episodes were better than some movies.

Well then I guess, will have to watch these episode myself to determine if they are better than the movies.

From what I can tell, Ash and Co. keep their PokéBalls in a certain order. Much like in the games where [insert Pokémon name here] goes first in your party and [inert other Pokémon] is the last one.

To repeat what someone else said on Serebii. Also one of the reasons i can't bring myself to support CrystalxGold and barely YellowxRed.

>=X But reading is the best part! It shows that you know what you are talking about. Knowing random vocabulary words doesn't mean you know Japanese. Grammar is a completely horrible an important part of the this or any language. Do you actually speak it or is it something like, "I suki nekos desu. They are so kawaii." Please tell me I'm wrong or I may have to stab someone in the face. I'm enjoying this topic and I don't want to have to go insane.

That is true the video games you cannot see inside of the video games Pokeballs either and you only know which Pokemon is which by clicking on the word 'Pokemon'. Both the anime and the Pokemon Spceial have different interpetion from Pokemon from the video games from each other.

About the pairings it is your opinion. There are also some pairings I do not really care for some pairings or really dislike and I can kind of see what you are talking about because Silver and Crystal did not have much interaction in the Pokemon Special and their game counterparts who they are based off of are rivals.

Also there is said to be another manga called Pocket Monster Zensho which I heard was closer to the games than Pokemon Special, but I have not read it though and it has not been released or translated in English.

Yes I do like the Pokemon Special people and I read it so do not interpet my words that I hate it and as a matter of fact that the mangas I read this far has a different plots from the games which is in my opinion a good thing because if all of the Pokemon mangas had the same exactly plot as the video games they will get to uninteresting for me.

Last edited:

Hejlug

Gamemaker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    I think both onemanga and mangafox miss a lot of episodes.

Back