• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[~The May Daily Chit-Chat ~]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Ipods and all sorts of music are banned in school now.
    And also Myspace, Forums, Youtube..everything.
    My school wants the students to be quieter. XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Ipods and all sorts of music are banned in school now.
    And also Myspace, Forums, Youtube..everything.
    My school wants the students to be quieter. XD

Ha, really?? We're still allowed iPods and various MP3, or musical devices.

That won't work. Students can still talk! Plus, music devices usually involve headphones, restricting volume to the person wearing them.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I know they can still talk, but my school doesn't.
    'cause like my school probably doesn't like musical stuff because they don't have them. It's making the teachers jealous. XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I know they can still talk, but my school doesn't.
    'cause like my school probably doesn't like musical stuff because they don't have them. It's making the teachers jealous. XD

Abusing their positions of power? xD, that's ebil, especially from teachers.

I hate it when they come up with ridiculous rules for us ''minions'' to follow xD

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Yup, school rules are useless.
    Some of the students have hilarious names so when the teachers yell their names it sounds so funny. XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Yup, school rules are useless.
    Some of the students have hilarious names so when the teachers yell their names it sounds so funny. XD

Not all of them. Some actually are needed as "guidelines" otherwise chaos will occur in every school.

That's just sad to the person though... funny for the rest of us, but sad for them. It's happened in my class before too.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Yeah..I guess. XD

Nah, he's an idiot. And he knows it..we all love making fun of each other. XD

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
    Kawaii you're not alone! My old highschool had the rules that iPods/MP3 players weren't allowed. Along with mobiles and cameras.
    Thanks god I've left there anyway. Lets hope college is a little more laid back.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Kawaii you're not alone! My old highschool had the rules that iPods/MP3 players weren't allowed. Along with mobiles and cameras.
    Thanks god I've left there anyway. Lets hope college is a little more laid back.

Oh good, cept mine allows camera's if they aren't seen. XD

Well, try running a school without rules in place. xD

Oh, yeah well if the person in question doesn't mind then it's fine.

I will then..XD

He tries to be an idiot..like, the teacher said look into the mirror, and it said "The person you look at is responsible for all your actions" he looked into it and then started like cleaning his teeth XD
    That's the kid of stuff everybody at school does. XD

Hoshiko-
    Why must you be on invisible? XD

Years
    Haha, today we got to hear one of my teacher's songs. It was annoying.

My school allows people to bring MP3 players/iPods to school. We can use them outside of lessons in a specified area. I tend not to though. I always bring in my phone but the area is too loud to hear, plus I end up hearing the stuff other people have which gets annoying.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    My old highschool had the rules that iPods/MP3 players weren't allowed. Along with mobiles and cameras.

College is definitely more laid back. You can listen to headphones during class, wear hats in class, wear your pajamas to class, etc. You can even sleep in class too without getting in trouble. Heck...my one professor's syllabus even said that sleeping in class from time to time is acceptable. XD

Years
    Haha, today we got to hear one of my teacher's songs. It was annoying.

My school allows people to bring MP3 players/iPods to school. We can use them outside of lessons in a specified area. I tend not to though. I always bring in my phone but the area is too loud to hear, plus I end up hearing the stuff other people have which gets annoying.

How annoying? :x

We can have mp3 players in class and listen to them if the teacher OKs it. They're allowed in the hallway whenever we want. We can use our cell phones in the hall during passing periods as well, but if the teacher sees it in class, they can take it for 30 days.

The rules don't bother me. I rarely listen to music in class, and I don't own a cell. The rules seem reasonable to me as well.

College is definitely more laid back. You can listen to headphones during class, wear hats in class, wear your pajamas to class, etc. You can even sleep in class too without getting in trouble. Heck...my one professor's syllabus even said that sleeping in class from time to time is acceptable. XD

Hats? Awesome! 8D I have this blue hat I always wear. It's on my head right now, actually. I <3 it.

Well, my college might be different, but we'll see.

I imagine they'd be more laid back; by the time you're in college, you know what's acceptable and what's not. That, and they're making big bucks from you. I think they should give us some slack if we're paying tons of money for classes. XD

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Hats? Awesome! 8D I have this blue hat I always wear. It's on my head right now, actually. I <3 it.

Well, my college might be different, but we'll see.

I imagine they'd be more laid back; by the time you're in college, you know what's acceptable and what's not. That, and they're making big bucks from you. I think they should give us some slack if we're paying tons of money for classes. XD

Most of the professors at my college just want you to show up to class so you don't miss any assignments that are given out or test/project dates. They seem to understand that college students pull a lot of late nights and might need to catch up on rest here and there.

And I definitely agree. Colleges make a killing with tuition fees and therefore students should, and usually do, have more privelages.

Years
    Most of the professors at my college just want you to show up to class so you don't miss any assignments that are given out or test/project dates. They seem to understand that college students pull a lot of late nights and might need to catch up on rest here and there.

And I definitely agree. Colleges make a killing with tuition fees and therefore students should, and usually do, have more privelages.

Indeed, especially since I imagine almost all of the students have to work to pay some of that tuition or for something like books. Between work, school, and trying to have a social life, I imagine there's little room for sleep. x_x;
    This isn't going to be fun... good news is that I do assignments quickly... usually. It depends on what assignment it is. Essays take forever, but the rest of it I'm usually okay with.

Colleges have fees for everything. Fees fees fees. It's starting to annoy my already. D:

Years
    How annoying? :x

We can have mp3 players in class and listen to them if the teacher OKs it. They're allowed in the hallway whenever we want. We can use our cell phones in the hall during passing periods as well, but if the teacher sees it in class, they can take it for 30 days.

The rules don't bother me. I rarely listen to music in class, and I don't own a cell. The rules seem reasonable to me as well.

Really annoying. He probably did it just to annoy us while being somewhat educational. It was in physics and the song was some sort of parody about astronomy.

I often see people wearing earphones in the hallway despite the teachers saying they're not allowed. I prefer not to so I can see/hear other people in case they decide to approach me.

I've only ever used my phone in class once since a couple of others were listening to music, plus the class was mostly empty.

Somehow I can't wait 'til I start uni.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Indeed, especially since I imagine almost all of the students have to work to pay some of that tuition or for something like books. Between work, school, and trying to have a social life, I imagine there's little room for sleep. x_x;
    This isn't going to be fun... good news is that I do assignments quickly... usually. It depends on what assignment it is. Essays take forever, but the rest of it I'm usually okay with.

Colleges have fees for everything. Fees fees fees. It's starting to annoy my already. D:

College is a good time and all, but you're right...it's so freakin' expensive. I spent over $800 on books my first year alone. Then when I went to return them I got something like a measly $60. Half the books I tried to return they wouldn't even take because they said they were using a new edition. It's quite rediculous, really. Colleges will nickel and dime you until you drop dead. x.x

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years

Is that because it's more of a time when you're deciding your future?? Like, if you don't pay attention, it's up to you to get the grades/qualifications you want and the teachers won't care as much if you do work or not??
    At least, that's how I see College sometimes. xD

Woot! Sleep in class~ xD

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Is that because it's more of a time when you're deciding your future?? Like, if you don't pay attention, it's up to you to get the grades/qualifications you want and the teachers won't care as much if you do work or not??
    At least, that's how I see College sometimes. xD

Woot! Sleep in class~ xD

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I mean, the professors get payed whether the students pass the class or not. It's not like high school where a teacher will get fired if students do poorly. It's up to them to get the grades. Colleges will always get new students who are willing to pay the school, so it isn't a problem for them.

Yeah...just try not to do it too much, k? Kk. XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. I mean, the professors get payed whether the students pass the class or not. It's not like high school where a teacher will get fired if students do poorly. It's up to them to get the grades. Colleges will always get new students who are willing to pay the school, so it isn't a problem for them.

Yeah...just try not to do it too much, k? Kk. XD

It's all up to the student. That's gonna be hard on people who don't pay attention.

XD, but I love sleeping!!
    I won't though... there's other times for that, as tempting as it is.

Only 3 more years to go now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back