• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The new and improved Hoenn Dex! Now with 20% more awesomeness :33

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Speaking about Pokémon not being allowed do you think they'll have a sign like the Kalos born Pokémon did?
    I hope they don't restrict the competitions to only Hoenn dex Pokémon like they did with several of the XY ones'. If so I hope that the Hoenn dex will include those missing even more so than before.

Years
    Speaking about Pokémon not being allowed do you think they'll have a sign like the Kalos born Pokémon did?
    I hope they don't restrict the competitions to only Hoenn dex Pokémon like they did with several of the XY ones'. If so I hope that the Hoenn dex will include those missing even more so than before.

I have a feeling they'll be restricting VGC tourneys to Hoenn Dex Pokemon when OR/AS come out since those will be the current focus. Like how X/Y-era VGC focused entirely on Kalos Dex and hence only Pokemon from that Dex were allowed.

The Hoenn Dex is smaller than the Kalos Dex so yeah I'm hoping this won't be the case but then again you know how trollish Game Freak can be.

Years
    I think they did it though to make sure we didn't use hack Pokémon. As the majority of Pokémon outside of the Kalos dex weren't available even in the Friend Safari. Likely ORAS and XY will have all available between them, except for some legends and starters.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'm kinda seeing Hoenn would get a bigger dex this time around. I do hope the Hoenn Dex will have those partitions again like they did in XY. Maybe we could have the Mainland Hoenn Dex and the Island Hoenn Dex?

Years
    I hope Lilycove Dept. Store sells appliances. Because Rotom > Castform.
    And I hope Castform can FINALLY go Rock (squad) in sandstorms.

My biggest hope is for wild Chimecho. Happy raising Chingling is horrible.

I'm kinda seeing Hoenn would get a bigger dex this time around. I do hope the Hoenn Dex will have those partitions again like they did in XY. Maybe we could have the Mainland Hoenn Dex and the Island Hoenn Dex?

Spinda Spots tracking, Green Hill Zone & Underwater Dex :33

Years
    My biggest hope is for wild Chimecho. Happy raising Chingling is horrible.

In the original games, Chimecho was found in the grass at the top of Mt. Pyre. They are extremely rare though. I am hoping they can make them easier to run into this time around to ease the pain for Pokedex completionists, same with other extreme rare encounters like Surskit and Feebas.

Years

I hope not...I want one single dex. Maybe bring back the habitats from B2W2's dex but that'll be it.

I've suggested that perhaps they'll make it more available at night, as a reference to what time of day it evolves from Chingling.

Years
    I will like to see Litwick be added, I think Phoebe will benefit from having Chandelure on her team as it can learn Hex, and I recall she had her Pokemon use Will-o-wisp quite a lot (at least on me...) Well her other Pokemon can too, but non of them have especially high special attack...

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Much to my surprise, Phoebe's Dusknoir confirms that the Hoenn dex will be expanding more than I expected. Heartgold/Soulsilver got away with only adding 5 pokemon to its dex, those whose evolutions could not be avoided during story mode. Particularly those who evolved by level-up moves: Yanmega, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Mamoswine, and Ambipom. Those like Togekiss who needed a specific item were not included.

I'm not expecting the dex to be expanded beyond new evolutions, however. Maybe a few exceptions like the Eeveelutions. Apparently Hoenn is the only regional dex not to include the Eeveelutions... tsk, tsk.

Years
    Much to my surprise, Phoebe's Dusknoir confirms that the Hoenn dex will be expanding more than I expected. Heartgold/Soulsilver got away with only adding 5 pokemon to its dex, those whose evolutions could not be avoided during story mode. Particularly those who evolved by level-up moves: Yanmega, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Mamoswine, and Ambipom. Those like Togekiss who needed a specific item were not included.

I'm not expecting the dex to be expanded beyond new evolutions, however. Maybe a few exceptions like the Eeveelutions. Apparently Hoenn is the only regional dex not to include the Eeveelutions... tsk, tsk.

Interestingly FrLg still managed to prevent the Happy evolutions of Chansey and Golbat. They seem to be getting better at adding evolutions in future gens (hopefully they include the pre-evos too). Should they continue this with DP remakes only Sylveon will be added (or Gen VII introduces a lot of evolutions of Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex).
    Yes, and Unova is the only regional dex without the Pichu line

Years
    Dusknoir on Phoebe's team is a pretty good sign - obviously it's not 100% confirmed, but there's been reports that they plan to expand the PokeDex, and this is simply further evidence of them doing just that.

Years
    Dusknoir on Phoebe's team is a pretty good sign - obviously it's not 100% confirmed, but there's been reports that they plan to expand the PokeDex, and this is simply further evidence of them doing just that.

Actually they mentioned it in Corocoro so we don't need much proof of an extension beyond that xD (though they did word it oddly so perhaps we do...). I hope we see some more additions, such as Gallade (maybe on Wally), Froslass (maybe as Glacia's ace). Also I'll like to see if we're getting any beyond the Hoenn pokemon evolutions introduced in Gen IV.

Salzorrah

Years
    I'm pretty sure they will appear in ORAS. It wouldn't really make sense to not add them. Maybe even get Gen 4 Mega's, further referencing a DPPt Remake? lol

Yeah, I do hope they add the Eevee line in the game. Atleast add Sylveon, since Hoenn needs dem Fairies B]

Years
    I'm pretty sure they will appear in ORAS. It wouldn't really make sense to not add them. Maybe even get Gen 4 Mega's, further referencing a DPPt Remake? lol

Yeah, I do hope they add the Eevee line in the game. Atleast add Sylveon, since Hoenn needs dem Fairies B]
    I can see them adding in the Gen II Pokemon that got Megas (seeing how a couple were available in Emerald's Battle Frontier), not so much the Gen 4 pokemon with Megas.
    Also they wouldn't just add one eeveelution, they will need to add them all. The evolutions stones are available, as are night and day, and now aime, so unless they make it so that the rest can be done (like how FrLg prevented Golbat and Chansey until we defeated the champ) until after we defeat the champion...that'll be irritating though (something I disliked about FrLg).

Salzorrah

Years
    Yeah, remembered you can't evolve Oddish to Bellossom pre-game in FRLG ;;

I do hope they don't add these restrictions in ORAS. I'm gonna rage if they do.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I wonder how Pokebank will work with ORAS, maybe we will need to beat the E4 to transfert our pokemons from the bank.

Years
    I wonder how Pokebank will work with ORAS, maybe we will need to beat the E4 to transfert our pokemons from the bank.

I've been wondering the same thing for awhile now. Will they update the Pokebank to read the OR/AS cartridges on day one? Or at another day? As I don't think it'll be able to read anything else other than XY at the moment.

You know one of the good things about Hoenn dex not being as large as Kalos as that having less options will make it more difficult in several of the battles, especially since people like Wallace, and Drake have Pokemon that were quite rare in RSE.

Back