• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The new and improved Hoenn Dex! Now with 20% more awesomeness :33

Years
    Yeah, remembered you can't evolve Oddish to Bellossom pre-game in FRLG ;;

I do hope they don't add these restrictions in ORAS. I'm gonna rage if they do.

I'm pretty sure they won't restrict the cross-gen evos. They did learn their lesson in HG/SS.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Sort of, they did leave out the stone, location evolving, and item holding, and trade (item holding) cross gen evolutions out. Seems ORAS will take the final step by including trade (item holding) evos as shown by Dusknoir.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I think that they won't add the restrictions anymore, considering it's silly to add them in the first place, and GF apparently wants us to catch them all again :P

Years
    Hoping for minimal restrictions, more Pokemon in the dex, and a few more areas in which to catch the new Pokemon, hopefully not post-game but that seems to be the most realistic scenario.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I can see like... Mantyke and Remoraid in the water routes? In the original games they were literally composed of Magikarp, Tentacool and Wingull. They really need to add more Pokémon to the dex, especially Water-Types! Considering half of the region is literally made outta water.

Salzorrah

Years
    I think with the plethora of new Water Pokes, I'm pretty sure they are planning to make the Pokemon more diverse in Hoenn this time around, and I'm not saying it for the water Pokemon only, but in general.

Years
    Wonder if Norman will have a Lopunny, at least post game...

Anyways, I am hoping they add in the Shinx line, it's among my favorite electric type pokemon (the whole line) :3

Last edited:

Salzorrah

Years
    Because of Lopunny, I'm guessing they are adding atleast more Sinnoh Pokemon, other than the pre-evos or evos. I agree with ORAS that we should get the Shinx line in. Maybe even the Swinub line, so that we could get Mamoswine?

Years
    Swinub line and Shinx line would be pretty neat; plus, the former would be a good addition since Hoenn needs more Ice types. If Gen. IV Pokes are added to the Hoenn Dex, I'd like to see the Shellos line, especially since they were originally gonna be Gen. III Pokemon. Plus, I love Gastrodon, haha.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, the appearance of Gastrodon in Hoenn doesn't even need explanation xD
    More water-types is definitely a major need, I was looking at it the other day and the selection that I haven't used for my next play on Emerald, after using Swampert and Ludicolo, then bringing Milotic on Black 2, is horrendous! Although I suppose Sharpedo, Crawdaunt are better since Gen IV splitting moves into physical and special

Years
    ^I can also see Mantine, too, but have it be rare.

In terms of underwater Pokemon (Mantine aside), I'd like to see Frillish, Skrelp, and Horsea. I know the last one is a fishable Pokemon, but it'd make sense for it to be in the underwater area as well XD Regardless, it would be nice to see more than three Pokemon available underwater.

Years
    Mega Lopunny is basically confirmation that they're extending the Pokedex to include future generation Pokemon. I'm hoping mainly for Mienfoo, for obvious reasons - it's my favorite pokemon.

Salzorrah

Years
    I kinda hope Shellos and Gastrodon have a Hoenn forme, most likely, it would look like the beta sprites, a combination of the East and West Side?

Either that or just have West Side in the mainland, and East Side in the islands. :x

Years
    Mega Lopunny is basically confirmation that they're extending the Pokedex to include future generation Pokemon. I'm hoping mainly for Mienfoo, for obvious reasons - it's my favorite pokemon.

It could be a post game Mega. If it is in the dex it'll have to be after Deoxys most likely. As according to Serebii's updated Pokedex list (from the new information we got today), Salamence is 198 which fits with the addition of all the pre and evolutions of Hoenn mons mathematically speaking.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Salamence is now #198 in the Hoenn Dex rather than being #189 as in RSE, I'd assume several Pokémon have been shuffeled up to include the Cross-Generational evolutions introduced in Gen IV such as Roserade, Gallade etc. I'm really hoping this is the case and that the items required to evolve them are made available prior to the Elite Four.

Back