• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The new and improved Hoenn Dex! Now with 20% more awesomeness :33

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Salamence is now #198 in the Hoenn Dex rather than being #189 as in RSE, I'd assume several Pokémon have been shuffeled up to include the Cross-Generational evolutions introduced in Gen IV such as Roserade, Gallade etc. I'm really hoping this is the case and that the items required to evolve them are made available prior to the Elite Four.

Yeah, all the pre-evolutions and evolutions fit at bringing it to that total. As the ten additions are very likely Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Magnezone, Budew, Roseraid, Chingiling, Rhyperior, Probopass, and...I'm forgetting the last one here.
    Anyways this makes me wonder about any non-cross generations being added. If any are added they're probably after Deoxys, much like how Platinum's Sinnoh dex had Pokémon after Dialga and Palkia.

Years
    Yeah, all the pre-evolutions and evolutions fit at bringing it to that total. As the ten additions are very likely Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Magnezone, Budew, Roseraid, Chingiling, Rhyperior, Probopass, and...I'm forgetting the last one here.
    Anyways this makes me wonder about any non-cross generations being added. If any are added they're probably after Deoxys, much like how Platinum's Sinnoh dex had Pokémon after Dialga and Palkia.

198 - 189 = nine Pokemon, so the nine fit :3

Also, since that's likely the case, it seems like Buneary/Lopunny will be available post-game rather than during the main run, meaning Megas aren't limited to Pokemon available in the Hoenn Dex (Diancie aside, of course).

Years
    198 - 189 = nine Pokemon, so the nine fit :3

Also, since that's likely the case, it seems like Buneary/Lopunny will be available post-game rather than during the main run, meaning Megas aren't limited to Pokemon available in the Hoenn Dex (Diancie aside, of course).

Opps, I read it as 199 (even though I myself posted Salamance as being 198)...I should put on my glasses.

Hopefully that'll be the case for Megas.

Years
    Interesting to see all these non-Hoenn Megas around, makes me wonder how many will be available during the main storyline and how many will only be available post-game. I think most, if not all, won't be available until the champion has been defeated, but we'll have to wait and see for any confirmation.

Years
    Well the E3 trailer showed Phoebe with Dusknoir, so that is definitely a sign they'll at least have the new evolutions like HGSS did. But I do wonder if any Mega Stones like the Aggronite and Manectite will be available before the credits?

Years
    Well the E3 trailer showed Phoebe with Dusknoir, so that is definitely a sign they'll at least have the new evolutions like HGSS did. But I do wonder if any Mega Stones like the Aggronite and Manectite will be available before the credits?

Perhaps. Hoenn has a great deal of the Pokemon that got Megas (Gyarados, Mawile, Aggron, etc.) in it's dex. Of course XY had all of the Pokemon (minus Blaziken) that got Megas in those games, yet the majority were post game stones.
    I don't think that they'll be adding Buneary, Audino, or Slowpoke's line to the regional dex. I certainly hope Audino doesn't show up until post game.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    I think the dex should increase by 150 or so.
    This is because it's nice to have a large amount of 'mon to select from without things being too big.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I don't get why Kalos isnt that large but needs 3 partitions and Hoenn doesnt :( YEah, it should be expanded but I was thinking the lines of 50 + Mega Evos

Years
    I could see the Hoenn dex getting some major renovations along the lines of what Kalos dex was like, organization-wise.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Interesting to see all these non-Hoenn Megas around, makes me wonder how many will be available during the main storyline and how many will only be available post-game. I think most, if not all, won't be available until the champion has been defeated, but we'll have to wait and see for any confirmation.

Well, I think all families that had mega evolutions in X & Y were catchable in the game or at least obtainable early on like Torchic. (at least out of the officially revealed ones.)

Years
    I don't get why Kalos isnt that large but needs 3 partitions and Hoenn doesnt :( YEah, it should be expanded but I was thinking the lines of 50 + Mega Evos
    It's 450+ That's pretty big. Hoenn's dex will probably have 211 if all it adds are the evolutionary relatives. So it doesn't need to be split. I didn't like the split anyways so I hope they won't split the Hoenn dex.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I'm sure its expanded because theres Unova and Sinnoh megas. They did say the Hoenn pokedex is different this time. Theres no point for them to keep the dex the same anyway. XY allowed everyone access to any pokemon they want when they introduced GTS search and Wonder Trade. Remember the original RS pokedex where they removed pokemon such as Gengar and Eevee. Then they made you wait 18 months just to buy FRLG.

I'm sure the bank will be usable at the beginning because every game allows you to trade early. Now with every pokemon available at anytime, the dex is surely expanded. Besides, RSE's postgame wasn't known much for exploring other then legendaries.

Years
    I'm sure its expanded because theres Unova and Sinnoh megas. They did say the Hoenn pokedex is different this time. Theres no point for them to keep the dex the same anyway. XY allowed everyone access to any pokemon they want when they introduced GTS search and Wonder Trade. Remember the original RS pokedex where they removed pokemon such as Gengar and Eevee. Then they made you wait 18 months just to buy FRLG.

I'm sure the bank will be usable at the beginning because every game allows you to trade early. Now with every pokemon available at anytime, the dex is surely expanded. Besides, RSE's postgame wasn't known much for exploring other then legendaries.
    The Bank is a transfer method. None of the transfer methods allowed you to transfer Pokemon over early, the earliest was DPP's Pal Park which required us to have a certain number of Pokemon seen before we could transfer over Pokemon from RSEFrLg.

They did include pokemon not in the Hoenn dex post game for Emerald. Plus each of the remakes have had new areas so those can be available there.
    Also if they add new mons that aren't related to the ones in the RSE dex by evolutions they'll most likely be after Deoxys in the dex as Salamence's line got pushed nine numbers up (which fits with the Sinnoh evolution number), and likely it'll be the same for those who come after Salamence such as the legends. So if they add more it may end up being like the Platinum Sinnoh dex...but without a legend to end the dex (unless a foreign legend is added) which will be the first.

As for Slowbro (a Kanto mon not in Hoenn either), Lopunny, and Audino, those three can be post game only Megas. If so there'll be little need to add them in the main story areas.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Perhaps your right, but Game Freak always puts the pokemon in their proper environment in every game. Friend Safari is designed for the internet so they had limitation in ecosystems for that. Why do you think every sea route in every region is a nest for Wingull?

Safari Zone is not suitable for every pokemon. I'm sure there will be some pokemon included in ORAS which can't suit the safari zone when it comes to environment. The game is designed for kids to easily access certain pokemon like the ones for mega evolution. Friend Safari can't be the only place to catch Buneary because some kids can't use forums for friend codes or they don't know how.

There will be several new mega evolutions. I'm sure not all of them are suited for the safari zone.

Last edited:

Years
    Perhaps your right, but Game Freak always puts the pokemon in their proper environment in every game. Friend Safari is designed for the internet so they had limitation in ecosystems for that. Why do you think every sea route in every region is a nest for Wingull?

Safari Zone is not suitable for every pokemon. I'm sure there will be some pokemon included in ORAS which can't suit the safari zone when it comes to environment. The game is designed for kids to easily access certain pokemon like the ones for mega evolution. Friend Safari can't be the only place to catch Buneary because some kids can't use forums for friend codes or they don't know how.

There will be several new mega evolutions. I'm sure not all of them are suited for the safari zone.

As I said, they'll probably add new areas, which we can access post game to get them. I can't see all of them being added to the Safari zone either. Though HgSs had an extensive Safari Zone, so OrAs may get one just as extensive.

Now I think we know the dex entries of all the Hoenn mons, considering they are those of the originals (if it's anything like the Kanto dex and Johto remake dex entries).

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Well, clearly there wouldn't be enough post-game areas to fit them all. The whole post-game is mainly the Battle Frontier and likely only new locations for any legendaries.

KodakKid3

Aggron
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Will Magnezone be obtainable in ORAS pre completion?

I'm wanting to have a Magnezone be one of my mains in ORAS. However, Magnezone wasn't in the original R/S, so is he going to be obtainable in this game by just evolving magneton?

Or will you only be able to obtain him post game?

I'm asking because I've never played any of the pokemon games past Gen 3 so I'm not sure how this works, and because if I can't get a Magnezone during the game I'll want to replace him on my team with Gardevoir.

Back