• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • Update:
    ~Beat Brock Thanks to Riptide
    ~Riptide Evolved
    ~Had a close call with Cheryl (Damn bug catcher)
    ~got my Pokemon for route 3....A Spearow (named it Hera)
    ~Trained for a bit then entered Mt.moon
    ~Caught a Zubat named Tana ( I was hoping for a geodude)
    ~Made it through mt.moon without losing anyone
    ~Caught yet another Spearow on route 4 ( I wanted an Ekans)
    ~Currently Grinding for my rival battle.

Team
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Deceased
    Spoiler:

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Update 6:
    -Made way towards Rock Tunnel, and arrived on Route 9 where I found a...
    -Spearow, which I caught and named Fearless.
    -Unfortunately Fearless didn't last long, as she fell in battle to a Venonat. R.I.P

-Arrived on Route 10 and found a...
    -Voltorb. No ideal, but I guess it will have to do. Named it Pokeball.
    -I then made my way into the Rock Tunnel, where I found a...
    -Machop. Caught him and him Muscles.
    -Muscles didn't last long, as he was poisoned in a battle with an Oddish. Being in the middle of Rock Tunnel with no Antidotes, there was nothing I could do... R.I.P
    -Having made it through the cave I lost Pokeball to a crit Quick Attack from a Pidgeotto in a battle with one of the trainers between the Rock Tunnel and Lavender. R.I.P

-Back down to 2 pokemon, I headed to Route 8 to try and find a new team member...
    -Growlithe! OMG! Must catch, must catch! Damn you Roar, damn you...
    -Continued through the underground Path to Route 7 and found a...
    -Pidgey. Oh well better than nothing, I'll just catch that and... Damn you Whirlwind, damn you...

-Decided to give up on catching pokémon and made my way back to Lavender to face Locke.
    -Beat him easily enough, even with only two pokémon.

Party:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I'mma start one on Platinum.
    I'mma do the non-repeat rule, so I don't end up with 6 bidoofs lol
    No using Legends
    No Day Care

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
  • Forgot my rules:
    1.) No reapeats
    2.) Catch the first pokemon seen on a route
    3.) If a pokemon faints, it's dead. I box it in the dead box
    4.) No Legendaries or Trading
    5.) If I see a pokemon, and run out of pokeballs while trying to catch it/have no pokeballs, I must hunt the pokemon down again

Day 3,4, & 5
    -Found and captured Vulpix; Named it Fleur
    -Got repels and went to Mt Moon.
    -Got deep into Mt Moon and found a Slugma
    -Got a Helix Fossil
    -Went to Cerulean
    -Challenges Misty's gym trainers, but not Misty herself
    -Went North, found an Abra. Failed to catch, then proceded to hunt it down until I was successful; Named the female Abra Naomi
    -Used Moon Stone on Sloodgette. She learned Body Slam one level after evolving
    -Lost Voir the Kirlia in a battle with a Geodude
    -Naomi took Voir's spot
    -Met Bill and got an S.S. Ticket
    -Ignored Misty and went south
    -Got to Diglett's cave and found a Dugtrio
    -Decided to challenge MIsty
    -Used Bud in his newly evolved form
    -Lost Bud to an Auruora Beam crit
    -Used Watt to take down the rest of Misty's team
    -We all made a memorial note in my PC for Fleur, Voir, and especially Bud

Team:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Update:
    ~After a good period of grinding a took on and defeated my Rival Ralph unfortunately Died in the Battle
    ~Went up Nugget bridge being careful not to put any of my "Good" Pokemon in too much danger
    ~Defeated Every trainer on the way to Bills
    ~Was lucky enough to encounter an Oddish on the way which I promptly caught Forgot to name it though
    ~Decided to wait on Battling Misty instead I went straight to Vermilion.
    ~I caught a Meowth on route 5 Named it Luke and a Pidgey on route 6 named it Oliver
    ~After I arrived in Vermilion I went straight to diglett Cave guess what I caught.A Diglett whom I named Judd
    ~I then went to route 11 where I encountered and Caught a Drowzee named it Lisbin
    ~Got the Vs. Seeker and preceded to grind like a blacksmith
    ~I trained my main team to level 25 Hera and Gloom Evolved.
    ~Currently training the rest of my team to 25 before going to the S.S Anne

Team
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Deceased
    Spoiler:

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • If your doing G/S/C or HG/SS, does the egg count as the Pokémon obtained in Violet City, or does it count as the Pokémon obtained in the place it hatches(Just say Goldenrod City)?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    If your doing G/S/C or HG/SS, does the egg count as the Pokémon obtained in Violet City, or does it count as the Pokémon obtained in the place it hatches(Just say Goldenrod City)?

I think given that there are only two concrete rules for Nuzlocking (1 - if Pokemon faints, it's dead. 2 - only catch first Pokemon per route) you can sort of decide yourself. I've always played that it counts as your Pokemon for the place where you actually obtained it - so where you picked up the egg. So if you got an egg in Violet City, for me, that counts as your Violet City Pokemon, regardless of where it hatches.

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
  • Today was quite an improvement over my last update, albeit this update is rather short. Cubey Doo has taken well to his new team, and evolved into a Marowak during training. We approached Erika, ready to do battle, and Piddy swept through the entire Celadon Gym. Our next stop is Fuschia City, to do battle with Koga. My team:

Suds, level 38. My starter.
    Piddy, level 39. Route 1.
    Cubey Doo, level 28. Pokémon Tower.

No fallen heroes for this update.

FuriousFox

The Rage of the Forest
    Years
  • Nuzlocke: Leaf Green

I just started a Nuzlocke run for leaf green, and I'm doing some level Grinding on route 2 and finishing up on my first page.

I have:
    Demetri / Rattata lvl 10
    Steve / Pidgey lvl 15
    Sheila / Mankey lvl 12
    Buggie / Beedrill lvl 11
    Bulbi / Bulbasaur lvl 12

...and a LittleKuriboh joke
    Also no losses to report as of yet.

Rules:
    1) Nickname every pokemon
    2) Only first pokemon that appears in each area (Excluding pokemon in the Evo Lines I have already)
    3) Release when faint

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
  • Well, here ends my Nuzlocke run. I had beaten Giovanni in the game corner hideout, and then proceded to Pokemon Tower. The rival KOed all my pokemon due to me not having any sort of Special tank on my team. Jynx got a sweep because Slimey, (Slugma), had fainted and my only chance at countering it, Torres the Umbreon, had also fainted. All my other pokemon were much too low in level to even try and grind. My final team was this:

Buddle, Lv. 34

Slimey, Lv. 33

Swirly, Lv. 35

Naomi, Lv. 32

Torres, Lv. 35

Watt, Lv. 38

R.I.P. all of you. You will be remembered.

Kairyu444

Nearly.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    Hello. I realise it's a bit cheeky signing up on the 26th page, but I've been doing one of these off on that YouTube for a while. I'd like to link you to part one; however I can't because evidently I don't post enough.

In the meantime, please feel free to follow the YouTube link in my signature if you fancy it.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Alright, so I've layed out the comic for my Nuzlocke runs - All 4 of them (I started a Blue run, too!). Black/White will also be included. I've pretty much thought up the entire plot. Here's the order they'll go in -

1. Platinum
    2. Blue
    3. Sapphire (Will actually be set in the past in the comic)
    4. HeartGold (Same as above)
    5. B/W (Whichever I get)

I might start soon.

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Okay then, doing this on my Emerald ^^ (first Nuzlocke challenge)

Rules:
    Nickname all pokemon
    only catch first pokemon on the route
    heal only at pokemon centre(Swapping at E4 for healing out of battle only)
    no legendaries
    can only buy 10 pokeballs in each mart
    Release pokemon if fainted, because they are dead.

Gameplay
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Graveyard:
    Spoiler:

Routes/Cities used:
    Spoiler:

Delphinus

Auxiliary bro
    Years
  • Anyone remember that I posted about being in the middle of a Nuzlocke run a while back. Weeellll my internet went down and I've been ill, so I've been playing like crazy.
    Basically, I haven't updated so much that I'm on Indigo Plateau now. (oops?)

Spoiler:

Zeko

^ is awesome!
    Years
  • Fire Red Update #1

Hey guys, I'm doing this on Fire Red and Soul Silver. I will be using these rules:
    1. Release a Pokemon when it faints, it's dead. (I'll just box them, because I like to trade them off to my Platinum when I finish the challenge :P
    2. If you get to a Route where there are forced uncatchables because you don't have Poke Balls, such as Route 1, Route 101, and Route 201, then you can go back with Pokeballs and get a Pokemon.
    3. Only catch one Pokemon per Route.
    4. Nickname all your Pokemon.
    5. Update everything you do.
    I actually already started playing on Soul Silver, and the Update is halfway done, but my DS ran out of battery (don't worry I saved right before xD) and both plugs on this outlet are taken, and I'm too lazy to move :P
    Alright, here I go.

~Update #1~
    I named myself Joey and my rival Kobe. I left my house and tried to go up to Route 1, but this old man stopped me. It's Professor Oak! He told me to come over to his lab, and he let me pick a Pokemon. I chose Squirtle, and his name was Shelf. (Hey, I was going for Shell, but I missed the l. xD) Kobe happily chose Charmander unfortunately chose Bulbasaur :(. My Shelf beat him without using a Potion, and on top of that it raised to level 6!
    I left the Professor's Lab and headed back up to Route 1, where I fought some Pokemon and got a Potion from a man who works at the PokeMart. When I reached Viridian City, I walked into the Pokemon Center where Nurse Joy healed my Shelf. But, as soon as I stepped into the PokeMart to buy some Poke Balls, the cashier gave me Oak's Parcel to deliver to him. So, I did. I went back down Route 1 and to Pallet Town. I exchanged the Professor's Parcel for a Pokedex and five Poke Balls. I then stopped at Kobe's house to flirt his sister into giving me a Map.
    The "first" Pokemon I saw on Route 1, with Poke Balls, was a (please be Pidgey, please be Pidgey) Pidgey! I attacked it to just halfway on it's HP, and I threw a Ball, but it came out. It stayed on the second Ball. I named it "Pilot." On Route 22 I caught Ace the Mankey, then3 went to Viridian, healed, and started Grinding! While grinding, a Pidgey got a critical hit and left my Pilot with 1 HP! Phew! But, CRAP. My Ace died to a fricken critical hit from a Pidgey :'( it's all my fault....

OK Guys! Sorry for such a short update but....

My Team
    Spoiler:

The Box
    Spoiler:

The Deceased
    Spoiler:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Don't sign me up yet... but I think I will do one of these on my Fire Red if I can exchange my messed up one for a good one.

Scratch that, I'll just do this on my Sapphire, since I'm gonna restart it anyway. Just one question:
    Can I box pokemon that aren't dead and get them back out later?

Cuz I don't particularly want to use my Starter, but just in case, I would like to save it for later in the box.

Last edited:

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Okay, update number two! (I missed an update, so gameplays gonna have a lot in it, it also gets more detailed later on)

gameplay
    Spoiler:

Team (sorry, no pics yet)
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

graveyard
    Spoiler:

Routes used
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Don't sign me up yet... but I think I will do one of these on my Fire Red if I can exchange my messed up one for a good one.

Scratch that, I'll just do this on my Sapphire, since I'm gonna restart it anyway. Just one question:
    Can I box pokemon that aren't dead and get them back out later?

Cuz I don't particularly want to use my Starter, but just in case, I would like to save it for later in the box.

Yup, that's totally fine. I reccomend putting dead pokemon and reserves in seperate boxes to avoid confusion.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Yeah I will, Box 1 will be reserves then I named box 2 "Dead"
    Anyway, here's the first update. I am using rules 1, 3, 4, 5, and 7 btw
    So I went through all the beggining stuff, got my Starter, and named my Treecko Chris
    Saved Prof Birch from the Zigzagoon
    Went out and defeated May in Battle, then went back to Prof Birch's Lab
    Recieved the Pokedex and Pokeballs.
    Caught Zigzagoon (male) lv2 on Route 101 "Derek". Grinded it.
    Caught Zigzagoon (I forget the gender) lv3 on Route 102 "Mark". Boxed just in case I would need it.
    Caught Wurmple (male) lv4 on Route 102 "Joe". Grinded it up to lv7 While Battling Trainers.
    Healed up
    Stocked up on Pokeballs
    Saved in the Petalburg Pokemart

Team
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Dead
    Spoiler:

I just realized I might be breaking a rule for thi s challenge. Since you get the Starter on Route 101, does that mean I can't catch anything off of Route 101? If so, I got Derek from there, but Mark is the same kind of pokemon caught on Route 102, so does that really matter, or will I need to switch or what?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back