• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Ok I will be starting a Nuzlocke challenge on Crystal.

I will be using rules 1, 3-7 (might make a comic or two if I'm up for it)
    -Except in the beginning of the game before you can get pokeballs, I am not counting those pokemon so I will catch a pokemon in those routes once I get pokeballs

Looking forward to this!

First Update!

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Decided to add Liger Zero to my team because of two reasons
    1. Coolest Nickname (Zoids ftw)
    2. Never had a Nidoking in game before

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I'll do this challenge on Yellow. I'll use rules 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.

Years
  • Nearly lost my Blaze (Charmeleon) in celurean against my rival water.survived just beat misty with a level 17 Synthesis (Oddish) running out of metal claws. Anyone know where a nearby ether or elixer is after underground?

I'm not sure where to find one, but I do suggest that you conserve any PP restoring items you have, for the Pokemon League, as they are limited in quanity.

Last edited:

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Update numero four, a story of power, truth, and love.

Gameplay
    Spoiler:

Team
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Graveyard
    Spoiler:

Routes used
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Ok Update #2, I meant to put this here last night but forgot before I went to bed.

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • -Began Grinding Bob, but he died, because he was at low health and I couldn't switch out... R.I.P. Bob...
    -Beat the Crap out of a Team Aqua Grunt, getting the Devon Goods and Rescuing Peeko
    -Returned them to the Devon Corp. Got a great ball in return
    -They asked me to deliver the Devon Goods to Cpt. Stern and a letter to Steven Stone
    -They gave me a Pokenav in return
    -Headed to Mr. Briney's House
    -Got him to sail me to Dewford
    -Headed to Granite Cave to get Flash, Train some, and catch something
    -Joe died because of a Tentacool on the way... RIP Joe... (this isn't turning out well....)
    -Got out my other Wurmple, Jeff
    -Encountered a Makuhita, caught
    -Encountered Tentacool in Dewford Town, Caught
    -Encountered Magikarp on Route 106, Caught
    -Both of the above were then Boxed
    -Jeff evolved into Dustox
    -Jeff died while fighting Brawly...
    -Defeated Gym Leader Brawly!
    -End of Update

Team
    Level 18 Grovyle-Chris
    Level 9 Makuhita-Husky
    Level 6 Zigzagoon-Ronald-HM Slave

Box
    Dexter, level 8 Tentacool
    Peter, level 8 Magikarp

Dead
    Derek, Zigzagoon level 2-7
    Mark, Zigzagoon level 3-4
    Joe, Beautifly level 4-13
    Bob, Whismur level 6-10
    Jeff, Dustox level 6-12

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Ok Update #3:

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Update numer five! (three more post's until I can put up images! Wewt!

Gameplay
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Graveyard
    Spoiler:

Routes used
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I've decided to drop out of this challenge. I'm not really feeling it right now so I'm going to do a few different challenges then maybe I'll give this one a go again. Thanks guys! XD

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I sort of feel like doing another Nuzlocke. For some reason, I'm not on the champions list for Yellow or Ruby (I did both of those, I think).

Sign me up for Gold!

Years
  • I sort of feel like doing another Nuzlocke. For some reason, I'm not on the champions list for Yellow or Ruby (I did both of those, I think).

Sign me up for Gold!

I'll go update it now, I don't make a list of challengers anymore because of the
    plethora of people who have signed up, only the best get their names engraved on the original post ;D

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Finished the Challenge! Final Update!

So I don't really like the Kanto part of this game so I decided to basically speed through the entire game.

Spoiler:

Final Team:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, my saves from PUAP (and not only them) somehow fell victim to a harddrive clearing spree and I don't feel like starting a new one, but I DO feel up for a challenge. So, since I haven't as excessively spammed challenges as usual recently (In fact, that opposite is the case), I'm thinking to get back into business, I might as well play my favorite one first. So...

FR Omega (never played that thing before for some reason), basic rules+set mode. Let's see how far I'll make it through the game before I die.

____

Alright, not far into the game yet and I've already pretty much screwed everything up, as expected. So, after doing some stuff I confidently walked into Brock's gym with a Groyvle in my team and was like "what's the worst that could happen, Aerodactyl? Something from the Aron line? I can deal with that." But then, Brock sent out a Vulpix. A Vulpix with Hypnosis that never seemed to miss for that matter. Needless to say, that bastard killed my team. So I angrily yelled something along the lines of "I was told we would be fighting Rock Pokemon", said goodbye to my team and ... took my Hoothoot from the box I had put in there because I was thinking it would be useless against Brock. Later, an egg I had somehow managed to get in Pewter instead of something like Mudkip, Nosepass or Slakoth hatched into Togepi (the worst possible thing, of course). So now my mission is to defeat Brock's 6 Pokemon team (with at least 2 and up to 5 rock Pokemon) with a these ... things. Not going to be fun.

Team and Graveyard:
    Spoiler:

On a completely unrelated note, I hate the new photobucket. Especially on days like today where my internet is lagging.

Update. I started over again because the situation was both early and terrible.
    So, this time I still had one early pointless death, but this time I was able to beat Brock with ease because my team contains a Marshtomp this time. So, after not to much trouble in Mt. Moon (in fact, the greatest danger were the wild Solrocks and Lunatones, the trainers were no problem at all, not even the Raticate guy), I have no arrived in Cerulean and am unsure how strong Misty or the rival will be here. My starter is Elekid this time and I also have a Bellsprout, so Misty SHOULD not be to hard, but I'l bet she'll just send out a Gligar or something and kill everything while I'm still busy being surprised.

Team and Statistics:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I'm going to do a nuzlocke, what do you guys perfer to see.

A) Leaf Green Comic.

B) Metronome on White, regular updates.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I shall be Nuzlocking Pokémon Red.

CURRENT TEAM:
    Spoiler:

PLOT:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • So, I was in Cerulean and did some grinding, but because of some smoke move I accidentally went northwards instead of westwards at some point. Which of course led to 4 of my Pokemon (starter included) getting slaughtered by my rival's Smoochum until, of all things, my -Atk nature Beedrill finally defeated it. So, I did some more stuff, had some more deaths and arrived at Vermilion (Misty is not defeated yet). Team is, apart from a HUGE flying weakness and a bad level balance, not looking too bad at this point, but I have almost no reserves on the box left and no new routes until I get Cut. I'll probably try to get to level 30 before challenging anyone that isn't a regular trainer, I won't be able to win this with a amount of deaths I'm currently having.

Team and list:
    Spoiler:

@chaos: do the LG comic, for less explosions but more ... comic.

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I'm going to do a nuzlocke, what do you guys perfer to see.

A) Leaf Green Comic.

B) Metronome on White, regular updates.

Leaf Green Comic. (: my opinion, a least.

Well, it's been a while. In September, I did a run of SS which ended abruptly when I fell into a pool with my DS and several games. My SS was the only one to erase himself (yeah Johto games love erasing themselves) and now, I'll just do another run.

SoulSilver Nuzlocke : Shot 2 <3

The beginning was easy. I picked Cyndaquil as a starter, since I find it the most reliable out of them (PROBLEM CROCO FANs) and, to my surprise, it turned out female. I named it Wildfire, after my mom's HTC (YEAH, shut up).

I missed a Ratatta on Rt. 29, caught a Ratatta on Rt. 46 (named Fangette, deposited), missed a Sentret on Rt. 30, battled some, finished quests. I (miraculously) ran into a Geodude in Dark Cave. I've been longing to have a Geodude named Rushmore, so this was my chance. I named him Rushmore.

Also got a Hoothoot on Rt. 32. Named him VendorBird.

So it was daylight and in Sprout Tower I killed a Ratatta. Hooray for rodents. I slaughtered the Elder, and went on Rt. 32 (I think, south of Violet) with my fingers crossed. Yep, I found a Mareep, I nickname him Dolly. Yeah.

So, I completely kill the troublesome Falkner (which used to give me loads of - yeah) with Dolly and Rushmore (Thundershock and Rock Throw FTW !) and I keep going.

In Union Cave, I RAN INTO ANOTHER GEODUDE. Why so many rocks thrown at me ? I wanted a Zubat. :x lol.

And I kill a Spearow (not on purpose) on Rt. 33. I didn't hatch the Togepi egg, not like I wanted to. It's rotting in the box.

note : somewhere I gave Fangette a few levels (since STAB Quick Attack is awesome in the beginning) but dropped her here. So yeah...

I kill a Slowpoke (once again, accident) in the well. I did the boring stuff, beat Bugsy with Rock Throw (easiest Bugsy battle of my life. Rushmore is really cool, fetched the Farfetch's (lol) and caught a Paras in Ilex Forest. (I named him Toad. Get it ?) Got a Drowzee on Rt. 34, nicknamed Kid Abuser. It died from grinding or something... my first death here, surprisingly enough.

Decided not to get something from the Game Corner, and instead wait for the Eevee. So I went and grinded in the underground and around Goldenrod. Got another Drowzee (aah, the want to abuse me) on Rt. 35, named Pedo v.2. Taught everyone in my team (Wildfire, Dolly (who evolved), Pedo v.2 and Rushmore) Headbutt, grinded to Level 20, and faced my doom.

Okay. Most of you will say what I did is not fair. Before you start whining and flaming, read the whole paragraph. Thanks.

On my 1st attempt, it was really haxy. When Pedo v.2 died, I got nervous, dropped my DS and started screaming (nerves). When I went to pick it up, it got stuck... on my 2nd attempt, I managed to beat Whitney, but hardly. I had here Miltank paralyzed, and spammed Rock Throws and Magnitudes. (not related, but I caught a Caterpie on the Bug Catching Contest in the National Park).

Now my question is : should I desert Pedo v.2, or keep using him ?

TEAM :

:t156: Wildfire Lv. 21 f @-
    Flame Wheel, Headbutt, Smokescreen, Quick Attack/Leer (not sure)

:t074: Rushmore Lv. 22 m @-
    Rock Throw, Magnitude, Headbutt, Defense Curl

:t180: Dolly Lv. 21 m @-
    Thundershock, Headbutt, Cotton Spore, Thunder Wave (helped me a lot against Whitney)

:t096: Pedo v.2 Lv. 21 m/f (not sure O_O) @-
    Headbutt, Confusion, Hypnosis, something.

Box :

Ratatta (Fangette) Lv. 9
    Togepi Egg
    Hoothoot (VendorBird) Lv. 4 ?
    Paras (Toad) Lv. 5
    some more things I can't remember

Hell aka Dead :

Drowzee (Kid Abuser) Lv. 12-14 - Stupid Pursuit Ratatta when he was at low health and I wanted to switch him, since I ran out of Potions.

Sorry for my quite stupid thing against Whitney and incomplete Pokemon stats. I'll fix this tonight when I get back home. (:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back