• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PC Minecraft Server [1.9]

What days work best for you for the next UHC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • Okay. So I have two things to say. One is more to the admins of the server, but please don't get the impression I'm annoyed or anything, just something I'd recommend: an EU based mod. As someone who lives, well, pretty much in the center of Europe as I'd see it, or as close as I'm gonna get, there is rarely anyone on with some kind of authority/power to help players out when they want to buy stuff, have queries and so on. I've been on this server a lot (not so much recently, but my life twists and turns, and I've not had the best time recently, let's leave it at that) and if I ever want to see an admin, I either have to leave a PM to Wobbu/Klippy/Juneage and wait until the next time I come on. It's kinda frustrating, because before it used to mean that I couldn't do much when I was on. Anyway, that's up to you guys to talk about/decide, and for me isn't so much of an issue anymore.

For your concern of nobody being around for those in Europe, I understand your plea. However, the issue with an EU-based mod is that there is no guarantee that this person will be on during all convenient times, much like the case with our current system. Klippy and I have both decided back when we first made the server that only he and I will be able to have operator powers, which includes plot creation, for the time being. If you ever want to buy anything, ask something server-related, or likewise, then you can always send Klippy or me a message here on PC or on Skype. You can also post in this thread, which allows both Klippy and I to see the message. There's also the public announcement board in town, which I check every day that I am online. However, we will look into your suggestion again in the future.

As for your message you sent me earlier, I will have to talk to Klippy about it. I will try to work it out so that at least one of those items will be available sooner than anticipated, but no promises on the other. I will get back to you once we've talked about it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I apologize for my lack of playtime lately. Of course life hits when you don't want it to, but I'll try to be on soon. Family troubles keep me out of my room often lately, but I'm working on it. :)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Wobbu said:

Alrighty. As I said, to me it's not really an issue anymore, since I have no longer a need for a plot etc. and now the border has expanded so we can free-build so I doubt it's really an issue at all now, just a thought I had a while ago. And I understand why you'd just want two ops. After trying a couple of times to run my own server, consistency among ops can be hard to achieve, so I totally get that.

And to your second point, thanks ^^ I appreciate that a lot, and just one of the items will help me make the castle look so much better and without! :D

Klippy said:
    -snippy, a quote from klippy-

Omg these dank rhymes, Blarzigord is getting to my head

mC7cTyN3.jpeg

Also, to save from any confusion from those who haven't seen the film, Laputa is a castle in the sky: quite literally a floating castle. Just so you know. As for the update well, it's 6:28am here and I haven't really been able to play since last night. Will jump to it when I'm home this evening, after having planned out the dimensions and so on.

Last edited:

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • Ayyyy, this sounds really cool, so I'll get in on this. I wouldn't mind playing here!

Minecraft In-Game Name: Fellykins
    Skype Name (optional): Fellykins

that awkward moment when your in game name and your skype are literally the same thing

Just out of curiosity though, and to make sure I'm following, is our first plot of land free or do we need to hunt down the diamonds for it? I get that larger plots cost diamonds, but would our first one be free? No harm done if I have to gather up some diamonds for my first plot of land, I'm just wondering so that I have an idea of what I should be doing once I get onto the server. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Ayyyy, this sounds really cool, so I'll get in on this. I wouldn't mind playing here!

Minecraft In-Game Name: Fellykins
    Skype Name (optional): Fellykins

that awkward moment when your in game name and your skype are literally the same thing

Just out of curiosity though, and to make sure I'm following, is our first plot of land free or do we need to hunt down the diamonds for it? I get that larger plots cost diamonds, but would our first one be free? No harm done if I have to gather up some diamonds for my first plot of land, I'm just wondering so that I have an idea of what I should be doing once I get onto the server. :)

You're added! Basically, any of the marked plots within the city walls will cost you diamonds, however if you build outside of town or in the mines (a lot of our first homes were underground actually, when no one had diamonds yet), it won't cost you anything unless you decide to buy the land to protect it from theft or griefing.

Years
  • Just out of curiosity though, and to make sure I'm following, is our first plot of land free or do we need to hunt down the diamonds for it? I get that larger plots cost diamonds, but would our first one be free? No harm done if I have to gather up some diamonds for my first plot of land, I'm just wondering so that I have an idea of what I should be doing once I get onto the server. :)

Also, the remaining plots in town are 50% off the prices on the signs, which means that the plots are only 10 diamonds!

Wobbu

Years
  • Also, the remaining plots in town are 50% off the prices on the signs, which means that the plots are only 10 diamonds!

I did update the signs today, so the prices that the signs currently display are exactly what the plots are going to cost.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Okay so about the tree farm, all of the birch is gone, spruce is kinda lacking, oak is shit no one likes it, and apparently you cant make giant spruces since it cuts off in the limit, and you dont get the saplings back... i really hope you guys can fix that issue :[

oh btw, i kinda broke 4 water tiles when i was finding a water source to get from... two are under the bridge near my place, and the other two are across the river, near some cut out trees :P

Years
  • oh btw, i kinda broke 4 water tiles when i was finding a water source to get from... two are under the bridge near my place, and the other two are across the river, near some cut out trees :P

If it was in a protected area and you weren't able to take the water, the tiles will fix themselves after a while. I'm on now and I don't see anything.

Also, I'll plant some more birch and spruce in the tree farm :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Okay so about the tree farm, all of the birch is gone, spruce is kinda lacking, oak is muk no one likes it, and apparently you cant make giant spruces since it cuts off in the limit, and you dont get the saplings back... i really hope you guys can fix that issue :[

oh btw, i kinda broke 4 water tiles when i was finding a water source to get from... two are under the bridge near my place, and the other two are across the river, near some cut out trees :P
    People don't like Oak? Since when?

Wobbu

Years
  • Okay so about the tree farm, all of the birch is gone, spruce is kinda lacking, oak is shit no one likes it, and apparently you cant make giant spruces since it cuts off in the limit, and you dont get the saplings back... i really hope you guys can fix that

LOL now I know what that random giant log was about. Yeah that region doesn't go all the way to the build height limit of 255, it only goes a few blocks above the walls. But the tree farm is fairly obsolete now that you can plant and chop trees outside of town. I know there are spruce trees across the river, and I know somebody planted trees on the other side of the mountain, so running out of saplings shouldn't be an issue for anyone anymore.

Circuit

Years
  • Further building on the tree situation. I have plenty of saplings built up, if you ever want some to plant. But over the river in the free-build zones there are spruce trees, and behind the mountain there is a field of birch trees since I needed them for my build. You're free to chop them down and replant them where you want. And I'll give you spruce next time you're on Gunner, if you want. Outside of the protected area, giant spruce trees are easy to grow.

EDIT: Here is the first update about the castle, to prove it is being built. I'm not even halfway through building the first part to it, which isn't even a significant part of the build. Shots are from ground level, on the ladder and inside the build.

Spoiler:

There is a lot more to come. A LOT.

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Is it me, or am I seeing something different when you want to log in to the server? It now has a capacity of 20,000?!

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • I joined, and it was bukkit? I thought we were vanilla

Wobbu

Years
  • Hi everyone 8)
    I plan on updating the OP to reflect the changes that have occurred on the server since our grand opening, but I want to include a new section for screenshots. If I may make a request, it would be cool if all or many of you would upload a screenshot of anything that you have built :D

I joined, and it was bukkit? I thought we were vanilla

Nah, it's not vanilla.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • have some pics of my shitty hilltop hideout

Spoiler:

THERE IS TOTALLY NOTHING BEHIND THE WALLS
    SHH

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Spoiler: hooome
    eadUo64.png

entrance
    orzOxd5.png

upstairs
    nqMTjqY.png

downstairs
    iLdcrmC.png

basement
    UBP18HH.png

u949Luw.png

under the trapdoor
    aSenFpw.png

5ENVsG8.png

fSc9nO5.png

my prisoners
    B5we2kA.png

my animal prisoners
    SACsV9A.png

mage shot my dog
    Vw5jqI7.png

Spoiler: a thing I made based on Rapunzel's tower
    cgIRlBw.png

Spoiler: WIP horse stables
    ezyGape.png

Circuit

Years
  • So phase 1, "Build the superbowl!", of my Castle in the sky is complete. It only took around 10,700 stone bricks to complete. Y'know. Anyway, you guys wanna see it!

Spoiler: "The Superbowl!"
    2ddFVUJ.png

2BUcNzf.png

eJla9pk.jpg

Now onto the landscape design, then the outer rings. That will only take forever! XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back