• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Old Chateau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    I noticed one of the ghosts in there when I went to go catch Rotom. I actually thought I just imagined it for a while because I kept going back in but couldn't see it again.

Probably because he's typing his entire posts in caps but the forum alters it so that only the first letter is capitalised.

LET ME TRY THAT DID IT WORK

EDIT: No, it didn't.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    To everyone who said Cheryl was involved with the murder mystery of the Old Chateau, (If there is one) I'd like to add a fat "DUH!" to that. Okay, it was just a coincidence, but one day when I was in the Battle Tower, I was teamed up with Cheryl. Her Latios used Luster Purge and then all of a sudden, there were gunshots! The conclusion: Cheryl killed some of them with Latios while Gardenia shot the others! Then the butler poisoned himself because of the grief he felt.
    NOTE: No, I don't actually believe that's hao it happened. I have a real theory I'll post if there are replies since this thread is pretty much dead. (Irony, no?)

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Ok so I got back into Diamon & whilst searching the Old Chateau I noticed a girl in front of the TM run out of the room, did anybody else see her or I am just crazy?

Dusknoir and Tangrowth

OHNOES HE'S BACK!!
    Years
    Might i compare the first page of this to They Might be Giants...

Does nobody pay attention to the first page of this? I mean, seriously. This is a good forum, and people should respect that and if you come in late READ THE HOLE THING OR AT LEAST JUST SKIM >:(

AnimexFan

Wee!!
    Years
    I read all this last night and I got scared. Some of it is funny though. I would post a theory but...I never pay attention to the Old Chateau...

Dusknoir and Tangrowth

OHNOES HE'S BACK!!
    Years
    I read all this last night and I got scared. Some of it is funny though. I would post a theory but...I never pay attention to the Old Chateau...

Good for you :D

Ok, here's some things i have noticed:
    #1: The buttler/old man is going toward the antidote in the trash can, but he is going relitivly slowly, so if it is (in ghost hunter terms ^.^) a "non resijual haunt", (aka, it is just replaying events that have occured to them) which it seems to be, then he's oviously not rushing.
    #2 The little girl is going a bit faster, and seems almost rushing. maby to stop the buttler?
    There's my two cents, even if they don't make cents.

Kazuya

Lapras Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    Actually I was never scared of the Old Chateau, until I read this thread. (^_^)"

I think I'm gonna catch Rotom real quick and never get near it. lol

Those ghosts just creep me out. And you guys got some interesting theories.

I just wonder if Game Freak just put the ghosts in to see gamers reactions, or it just wanted to scare gamers.

Adventure-Chan

*~Have faith~*
    Years
    No they want players to wet their pants ^_^ Not sure how this got 'scary' but it just did O.O. Oh and the butler moved very slow as if struggling like Dusknior and Tangrowth said... Maybe he WAS poisoned..

Last edited:

Karonte

YAY PLATINUM IS HERE^^
    Years
    How about this.

Gardenia used to go there in the summer with her sister. The mansion was her grandfathers b ut one day team galactic came and destroyed the mansion and Gardenias sister and grandpa were killed and she was saved from a grass pokemon?

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    I remember someone saying something about the little girl walking downwards could mean she fell of a cliff. Now looking at the Sinnoh world map, you can see that Eterna Forest is elevated. This is plausible but did anyone think that maybe she could have fell down the stairs? She could have tripped and died from damage to the head. The butler however is a different story. He could have poisoned the family for the riches but kept one dish alone. That was for him. BUT, when serving the food, he forgot which dish wasn't poisoned and just served it. He ended up poisoning himself. Realizing this, he ran to the kitchen to get the Antidote. However, after picking it up, the poison acted and he died. In his death, he dropped the Antidote bottle in the garbage can he was facing.

MASTrader

Mew Trader and have ALL events
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2010
    I've heared that a very rich man killing his daughter and his butler. The mansion was named after his starter, Chatot. The butler and the girl soon became a ghost and killing the girl's father with antidote. Right after the dad got killed, a character from Mario Kart appeared in that picture.

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years
    I've heared that a very rich man killing his daughter and his butler. The mansion was named after his starter, Chatot. The butler and the girl soon became a ghost and killing the girl's father with antidote. Right after the dad got killed, a character from Mario Kart appeared in that picture.

Interesting about Chatot, but I think its just named in french for some reason (maybe to do with Fantina?)

And how could an antidote kill someone!? :\

Someone from Mario Kart? Do you mean R.O.B?

Shiny

Years
    I don't think that the old owners of the mansion were murdered, Pokemon is too childish for that

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years
    I don't think that the old owners of the mansion were murdered, Pokemon is too childish for that

A marowak was murdered in pokemon red/blue/yellow by team rocket...so why not in D/P

OOOH! THATS JUST GIVEN ME AN IDEA!!!!

What if the owner of the house was once belonging to team galactic, but then left, threatening to reveal their plans to the police or something (it's a bit vague, I know). So team galactic had the family killed, but the owner, Mr. Backlot, escaped, changed his name and took one of the statues from the house as a reminder of his past and started his life again. (There is only one statue in the chateau that looks like was in a pair, and there is also the exact same one in Mr. Backlots house)

Hmmm...I doubt that it's right, it's just a thought to consider...

Shiny

Years
    I agree with Jason, There is a guard watching over him incase they came back to hurt Mr.Backlot

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    I agree with you on how there is the possibility of a greater plot for these area and this is clearly for theorys, I think that we shouldnt worry about it to much and i plan to actually explore these areas a little more for the best possible explination. Maybe this will somehow tie into a nintendo event later to get a certain legendary thus unobtainable Im thinking maybe a US event for those of us who dont get Jap Events possibly something for A Event Darkrai or Arceus/shaymin in the US or maybe im setting expectations to high. But theres something strange about this area I agree its kinda um SPOOKY. But atm the best theory I have is that its Gengar/Haunter/Gastly impersonating tha former owner of the Old Chateu(SP) anyway thats my theory ATM

Years
    or it could be the old sinnoh mansion that was owned by the family of james of teamrocket (they r technically a rich family) and when they moved out someone else that was rich bought it and had a daughter. the daughter died and so did the butler after having seizures induced by darkrai. the family owned rotom and left it a cake to eat due to the fact they wanted to leave it there and left an antidote hidden in the so that a person whos pokemon was poisoned by a poison type could heal their pokemon and look for ghost types. the plate was discovered by the family and placed where u found it. rotom comes out of the tv when no one is around to eat the cake (explaining why u find it) in the room you find it. and the ghosts of the daughter and butler still roam the halls of the mansion oh and the eyes in the picture that looks like rob is probably gengar waiting to challenge u. the tm called substitute was probably ment for rotom but darkrai killed the girl and butler before they could teach it so in turn darkrai scared the parents to prevent them form teaching it substitute.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back