• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Old Chateau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusknoir and Tangrowth

OHNOES HE'S BACK!!
    Years
    This has given me an idea.... I should make a chat room about this.... but that is for another day. anyways, I shall post some things that people forget: The old chateu is 50 YEARS OLD so maby Mr. Backlot was a small boy when he undoutadly lived there?

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    I know the whole story...

A long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far, way....there was an old Chateau. It was Winter time, and the residents were leaving. Thus, Caretakers were hired to look after the hotel, light the boiler, etcetera. They all settled in nicely, dispite being troubled by the mansion's dark past...
    Unfortunatly, the head of the family of caretakers disliked the job, and developed many psychlogical illnesses. On a Typrewriter, he left the message...

"All work, and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

He then attempted to murder his family, but failed, somewhat unfortunatly.

THE END

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years

A long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far, way....there was an old Chateau. It was Winter time, and the residents were leaving. Thus, Caretakers were hired to look after the hotel, light the boiler, etcetera. They all settled in nicely, dispite being troubled by the mansion's dark past...
    Unfortunatly, the head of the family of caretakers disliked the job, and developed many psychlogical illnesses. On a Typrewriter, he left the message...

THE END

WHAT THE DUCK!?

That really makes no sense at all...lol :D

Years
    Hmm maybe Darkrai was there & use Dark Void on the litte girl?
    or maybe i could agree with my theory and change it and make it belong to his deceased grandparents who r in a kanto cemetary and the ghost is the ghost of his mother's dead sister and the grandparents and remaining daughter ran away immediately after realizing darkrai killed one daughter and the butler.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    Really, the most plausible(sp?) theory is the poisoning of the family. I also support the fact that the girl could have died from falling whether it be off a cliff or as I stated, down the stairs. However, there is one thing that puzzles me. That's Rotom and the TM Substitute. How does Rotom tie into the Old Chateau and does the Substitute TM imply that the girl who died was not actually there? Hopefully, we'll get an explanation in some episode, movie or new game.

Years
    Really, the most plausible(sp?) theory is the poisoning of the family. I also support the fact that the girl could have died from falling whether it be off a cliff or as I stated, down the stairs. However, there is one thing that puzzles me. That's Rotom and the TM Substitute. How does Rotom tie into the Old Chateau and does the Substitute TM imply that the girl who died was not actually there? Hopefully, we'll get an explanation in some episode, movie or new game.
    like i said the family could have had rotom for a pet and like i said maybe they wanted to teach rotom it but were scared off by darkrai who killed the girl and butler (probably exclaiming why james of team reocket does not mention an aunt)

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    I don't really see how James can tie into this as you cannot associate the anime and games most of the time. Plus, the only game James was in (although we wasn't acknowledged as such) was Pokemon Yellow. (And there was a mention of him in XD but not by name) The pieces that rise the most questions are the Antidote in the garbage can, the Old Gateau, and the TM Substitute. Someone must have been poisoned, and the Substitute TM means that the girl who died was a scapegoat for something. I'll come back with a theory later.

Years
    I don't really see how James can tie into this as you cannot associate the anime and games most of the time. Plus, the only game James was in (although we wasn't acknowledged as such) was Pokemon Yellow. (And there was a mention of him in XD but not by name) The pieces that rise the most questions are the Antidote in the garbage can, the Old Gateau, and the TM Substitute. Someone must have been poisoned, and the Substitute TM means that the girl who died was a scapegoat for something. I'll come back with a theory later.
    its still my theory and besides james's family is rich right? so how do we know it didnt belong to them at one time? WE DONT.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years

THE END

Boi, you wanna get sued? xD

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years
    The pieces that rise the most questions are the Antidote in the garbage can, the Old Gateau, and the TM Substitute. Someone must have been poisoned, and the Substitute TM means that the girl who died was a scapegoat for something. I'll come back with a theory later.

Yeah! So you're saying that the girl could have died to save someone? Gardenia/Cheryl, maybe? (I get mixed up which is which)
    I still reckon that the girl who died had a twin sister, because of tbe two beds. And I think that the twin sister is Gardenia and she refuses to go in there because it reminds her of her tragic past.

I know i've said this before, but what if the 'Butler' isn't a butler at all, he could just be the father of the family, meaning that Mr.Backlot may not be involved, or that he is the brother to Gardenia (he doesn't seem very old) and that they lived in the house when they were very little and they were twins (they could have used the two beds)
    But when whoever killed them, killed them, the girl died to save her brother who fled the house with his mother and time went on, his mother and Mr. Backlot built a new mansion with the inherited money. (I think the mother is Fantina-I'll explain in a sec) and took a statue from the Old Chateau and keeps it in his new home as a reminder of his past...

I think that Fantina is Mr. Backlots mother and built the house with her fortune because:

1) She has a French accent- Chateau is a french name for castle!
    2) She uses ghost type pokemon, just like there are in the chateau, and Rotom could have been the family pet!
    3) She lives right next to the park that Mr. Backlot built, so he could have built it to cheer her up after the killings

Aaaaand...thats basically it! :D

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I think that Rotom was only like a vido but then like Banette (banette was brought to lifeafter being thrown away) became a real pokemon & thats why we see it in the T.v

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    the little girl flys southwards, down, she could have fallen down the stairs, OR maybe the tm substitute is in the room because the little girl used it to distract the bloodthirtsy cook but instead of going for the substitute he went for the real girl, huh huh think about that!, also the rotom could be the girls pet!

Tonya

Brilliant Loser
    Years
    I think Team Galactic, for some reason sends the pokemon they capture to Backlot.
    "When I get promoted, I'll demand better stolen Pokémon." – Galactic grunt

"Hey! It's you! I bet you don't remember me but I sure remember you! Because of you they took my Clefairy away. My partner called it quits and went back to his old country." – Galactic grunt

Oh, yes, and the Eterna Galactic building says "hello!". Apparently Team Galactic members don't capture Pokémon, the grunts are received donations/stolen Pokémon by their commander/Cyrus. Obviously the promoted people are going to keep the better Pokémon for themselves. I also don't get why people are randomly tossing Team Galactic in with the whole speculation and saying they trashed the place. There wouldn't be any reason for them to do that.

After all that I really have nothing to add, except that this thread is very interesting and it's great to read the theories people have come up with. I don't think there was a huge elaborate story planned behind the Old Chateau's existence. Perhaps it was made so we could fill in the gaps ourselves.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2008
    no one has said anything about the dread plate yet though why do you think its there?

ps my first post other than in the new people one

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    The Dread Plate is a mere coincidence in my opinion. What I see is that whatever the mystery (if there is one) happens to be, the character finds it out when inside the house and feels sorry for the family. Then out of sheer irony, the Dread Plate sits there. As well as the Insect Plate outside as there are Bug type Pokemon in Eterna Forest.

I have yet to write an actual theory due to the fact that I haven't really gotten to spend much time in there. I plan to spend a whole night in the Old Chateu. Catch a few Ghastlys. (If proper English applies to Pokemon, Ghastlies.)

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2008
    ive already seen the ghost so i dont need to go there at night so im going there after im done chasing this galactic guy to come up with a story before empolemew muhahhahahahi just saw the little girl she looked like she was looking for something or atleast looked around

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back