• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
  • Day 01 till 05:
    Spoiler:

Day 06: A song that reminds you of somewhere
    Dimelo by Daddy Yankee and Fantasma by Zion
    I listened nonstop to these songs during my school trip to Paris.

Day 07: A song that reminds you of an event
    Alors on Danse by Stromae.
    When I graduated from highschool, The teachers were supposed to give a little speech about his/her experience with all the students. My speech was being held by my French teacher, and they played this song during the speech.

Years
  • Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere

ScratchHead.gif
    This is a really tough one for me as I have, to be honest, no idea. So I'll just cheese my way out, I suppose.

For some reason I associate this song with France.

Years
    "High School Never Ends" by Bowling For Soup reminds me of high school.O.o I couldn't think of anything better.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere?

Gary Moore - Spanish Guitar.

Why does this song remind me of somewhere?

Yes, another Gary Moore song but so many of his songs tell different stories and everything. But anyway, on with the question. This song reminds me of Spain. The song tells a story and feature a great description of a Spanish holiday.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 07: A song that reminds you of a certain event

'Low' by Flo Rida ft. T-Pain: This was the last song played at my prom Leaver's Ball in Year 13, simply because one of my friends requested it be played next, not realizing that it was going to be the final song ever! The organisers were kinda fuming at the DJ for his mix-up, as the original song was going to be '(I've Had) The Time of My Life' from Dirty Dancing. Now, whenever I hear this song instead, I'll always remember that night... nothing else happened really, but I'll remember it nevertheless!

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere

Here I Am - ZE:A

It reminds me of the summer days at a beach when I went to Hong Kong - it has that same bright colors to it ^^

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

Frank Sinatra - Fly Me To The Moon or Come Fly With Me. They both remind me of the moon but the latter reminds me more of the sky.

Past days.
    Spoiler:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
    I'm... gonna go with a song from a commercial. It's actually one of my favourites despite literally just being written for a commercial and I'd love to have more music like it. My choice here is "He Shoots, He Scores!" as I think the track was called when I downloaded it from the Coke website. The commercial (in the spoiler below) was aired leading up to and during the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. That... was kind of an amazing time for me. I adore my country and I'd never seen Canada so united over something, pathetically enough. :P The song is epic and the commercial is realy well done too. After we won both gold medals, the commercial would air immediately in the first commercial break and the text at the end changed to "Now they know whose game they're playing", which I thought was fun. But yeah, thinking back to that, watching the Games with family, friends, and just being so excited with anticipation for it all... well, I'm nostalgia'ing pretty hard just thinking of it.
    Spoiler:

01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Day 07: A song that reminds you of a certain event - Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
    I know how much of a messed up song this is for this day. XD; But it reminds me of grade eight, when my class went to Quebec City for our "elementary school graduation" trip. On the Greyhound to and from Quebec (as well as the bus rides to the different places in Quebec we went to) this song would play very, very often on the radio. So we all sang along and by the end of the trip, I knew the words to the entire song. XD;

Years
  • Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event

Reminds me of when I Gremlin rushed a friend in HOMM3 the only time we actually didn't play this game in Cooperation. Been a couple of years since then, but I still remember his rage quit after I took his capital and all he had left was a junk hero with a single centaur being quite satisfying :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
    Skylines and Turnstiles - My Chemical Romance

This song reminds my of 9/11 because this is the specific purpose it was written for. It reminds me of a smoking building and the panic that happened on the day of the events, and the bridge that my father said that he saw the disaster from.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event.

Ozzy Osbourne - Over The Mountain.

Why does it remind me of a certain event?

This was a song that was played in the build up of a WWE event that I attended in Dublin and whenever I hear this song it always remind me of that WWE event.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Just a quick plug: the lovely newbie mod of Video Games - Captain Fabio - has shamelessly stolen lovingly adapted this idea for the Video Gaming forum, so if you haven't seen it yet and want to do even MORE of this (exciting, huh?), then the link is here.

Day 08: A song you know all of the words to

'Friday' by Rebecca Stunfisk: ... ... ... I'm not proud of this one, OK? Most songs I just tend to remember the main melodies, a few lyrics of the choruses and that's it. Yet the sheer media blitz and the amount of times I listened to it and spent dissecting the lyrics themselves for their sheer awfulness meant that they all became absorbed into my psyche and I don't know when they're going to leave! And when I mean all the words, I mean all of them: including the rap. I'm just going to hide out for the next few hours while everyone tries to kill me!

Years
  • Day 08: A song you know all of the words to

Judas Priest - Judas Rising

Well, I do not quite know the last few lines after the solo as I never entirely understand them and cannot be bothered to look them up, like it matters.

Years
  • Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event.
    "Sex Ed Rocks" by I Set My Friends On Fire and Smosh reminds me of my first day of middle school.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to

"Pirate Restaurant", "Dream Girl", "New Car", and "Renaissance Fair" by the FreeCreditReport.com band
    - From the instance of seeing the first pirate-themed commercial/jingle by the FreeCreditReport.com band, I was hooked to their commercials. I've managed to memorize to the lyrics to the aforementioned jingles, and I hope to remember the rest at some point as well. Catchy lyrics, memorable tune, and a very comedic band and concept make for a wonderful series of songs that are etched into my memories. A shame that they had to be replaced due to Experian's forced brand name change, but I wish both the FreeCreditReport.com band and the FreeCreditScore.com band the best of luck in their endeavors!

[/QUOTE]

Just a quick plug: the lovely newbie mod of Video Games - Captain Fabio - has shamelessly stolen lovingly adapted this idea for the Video Gaming forum, so if you haven't seen it yet and want to do even MORE of this (exciting, huh?), then the link is here.

Day 08: A song you know all of the words to

'Friday' by Rebecca Stunfisk: ... ... ... I'm not proud of this one, OK? Most songs I just tend to remember the main melodies, a few lyrics of the choruses and that's it. Yet the sheer media blitz and the amount of times I listened to it and spent dissecting the lyrics themselves for their sheer awfulness meant that they all became absorbed into my psyche and I don't know when they're going to leave! And when I mean all the words, I mean all of them: including the rap. I'm just going to hide out for the next few hours while everyone tries to kill me!

My poor, poor fellow user... :cer_no: STOP INFILTRATING MY POSTS REBECCA "STUNFISK" BLACK T_T

GAH, now even more of my time is going to go down the drain in video gaming. -.- Thanks a lot, Mr. Cat Dog. XD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back