• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Day 08: A song you know all of the words to
    All The Things She Said - t.A.T.u.

Yes, I picked another t.A.T.u. song, sue me. :D I don't remember if this was the first song of theirs I listened to, but in any case, I know the words to this song inside and out. I have another friend who I kind of t.A.T.u. fangirl with and we'll rock out to their songs a lot, haha. I actually know most of their first album, 200 km/h in the Wrong Lane off by heart (except for the random Russian parts in a couple of the songs), but I picked this one because it's their most well-known.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Day 08: A song you know all of the words to

Planetary (GO!) - My Chemical Romance

Yet another My Chemical Romance song. Well, it's my favorite band and one of my favorite songs from them, so you'll have to deal with it, I guess. Anyway, I really love this song. I like how it makes me feel energetic even when I'm down, and I've eventually listened to the song so many times that I ended up learning all the lyrics, and I really love them.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to.
    Mamoritai ~White Wishes~ - BoA [english ver.]

Yep. A love song. ...I first found this song while searching through the "Tales" openings, and it kinda stuck in my head. Makes me feel kinda strange, learning a song like this out of all the songs I could've memorized. <_>;
    Hey, it's catchy! What can I say? xD;

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event.

AC/DC - Hell's Bells

Day 08: A song you know all of the words to.

The Used - All That I've Got. It just such a good song I really connect with.

Years
  • Oops, fell behind.

Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
    Siouxsie & the Banshees - Kiss Them For Me

A friend I had in high school introduced me to this band and for a while we were both really hooked on this music and played it all the time. My music tastes have shifted, but since I still have like 8 or 9 of their CDs sometimes I take one out and listen to it.

Spoiler:

Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere
    サカナクション - 白波トップウォーター

A song from local band from the part of Japan I was living in (Hokkaido). I learned about them and got to see them live while I was there so when I hear their music I think about being back there. This song in particular reminds me of riding the trains in winter and how beautiful the snowy landscape is at that time of year.

Spoiler:

Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
    David Sylvian - Darkest Dreaming

This is a song I could have used in a few places. I didn't even know it existed at the time, but when I listen to it I can't help but be reminded. It reminds me of a time that I and a person I had an ambiguous relationship with stayed up all night wandering around town and talking about all sorts of things. It was a very memorable and meaningful night for me, but I wasn't able to articulate that back then and in the end I ended up feeling lonelier even after sharing this time with someone. The line "I don't ever want to be alone with all my darkest dreaming" could really describe me and my hopes and fears at the time.

Spoiler:

Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to
    Yakko - The Nations of the World

I know the words to plenty of songs, but I'm very proud of this. I actually spent hours going over this when I was little so I could impress my teacher. When you get down to it's not that hard to memorize, but trying to sing it when it speeds up at the end is difficult. :/

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 09: A song that you can dance to

"Dancing Queen" by ABBA: I'm becoming really unoriginal with these song choices, I know. With this one, I don't dance for the most part. It's only the cheesiest music, such as the aforementioned, that'll get me off my feet and get them moving to the beat! Most of the time, I hear this in a cheesy nightclub where most of my friends are massively drunk anyway, so it's really the best time to dance to it!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Day 3 - A song that makes you happy (April, 16, 2011)
    New Soul - Yael Naïm

I don't know why, but this song makes me happy. How can you describe happiness?

Day 4 - A song that makes you sad (April, 17, 2011)
    When You're Gone - Avril Lavigne

This song played over the radio at Burger King on Mother's Day a month after my mom passed away. I remember hearing it, tearing up, and leaving because I couldn't take hearing the lyrics.

Day 5 - A song that reminds you of someone (April, 18, 2011)
    (see above)

Day 6 - A song that reminds you of somewhere (April, 19, 2011)
    Telephone - Lady Gaga

Telephone reminds me of Disney World. The only reason this song reminds me of Disney World was because my friends and I were obsessed with the release of its music video while I was there for my class trip last year. It's a shame I don't really have a better song for something like this, and with a better reason, but this is the first thing that came to my head. :[

Day 7 - A song that reminds you of a certain event (April, 20, 2011)
    This is How We Live - The Summer Set

This song just reminds me of high school all together. Does that count as a certain event?

Day 8 - A song that you know all the words to (April, 21, 2011)
    You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - The Offspring

I love these lyrics. This is one of those songs that I have to sing when it comes on the radio, because I can't contain the lyrics. I love the explicitness of it it, the fierceness of the melody, the stab of the words themselves. It's a great song for the underdogs.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Forgot to do one yesterday, so here's two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgE-Oedaiyk

For some reason, this song reminds me of a common vacation spot for my family, Myrtle Beach. I honestly can't explain why. It's full of highways and bars, so there's one reason right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrWNTqbLFFE

Oh, I would've given anything to have been alive during this time period. History was made at this event.

Years
  • Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to
    Mmm I'm all the words to alot of songs. I think I will choose Avenged Sevenfold-A Little Piece Of Heaven a my song though.

Day 09 - A song that you can dance to
    Yolanda Be Cool-We No Spean Americano. I just love that song.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • I'll start with day 5 :D

Beyblade Theme Song
    I had a really cool friend back from 5th-7th grade. We would hang out pretty much everyday and play Beyblades. I'm pretty sure we had all of them. Then he moved. Sad day.

Bob Dylan - Forever Young (Can't find a youtube video of the actual song)
    It reminds me of my great grandmas house in Pennsylvania. One of the few memories I took away from that state was watching a Lassie movie that had this song in it.

Buckethead - Forgotten Trail (Extended)
    This song reminds me of when I got a bunch of hushpuppies at Long John Silvers. I'm not sure why...

The Mountain Goats - The Mess Inside
    Who wouldn't know all the lyrics to a song that starts out like this:
    "Well
    Guy in a skeleton costume
    Comes up to the guy in the Superman suit
    Runs through him with a broadsword"

Dokken - Kiss of Death
    I don't dance. Ever. So i'm counting headbanging as dancing :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep

"Exit Music (From a Film) by Radiohead: Strangely hypnotic in its own Radiohead-ish way, if I'm in the right frame of mind, I could easily imagine myself nodding off to this song. The way it peters out towards the end means I could listen and enjoy most of it, then slowly drift away afterwards into a gentle slumber.

Years
  • I'll do em all~

Day 01 - Your favourite song

Chevelle - 'Shameful Metaphors'

Sigh. This song is their masterpiece. I get chills when I hear it, it's that good. It just speaks to me. It's beautiful. Lots of emotion and power in the lyrics too, and Pete's voice just tops it all off.

Day 02 - Your least favourite song

Rebecca Black - Friday

Yeah. It's horrendous. 'nuff said.

Day 03 - A song that makes you happy

Rise Against - Audience of One

Very different from the norm of Rise Against. Very upbeat and catchy, and uplifting. Makes you feel like you can do anything. Very powerful lyrics again, vintage Rise Against.

Day 04 - A song that makes you sad

10 Years - So long, Good-bye

Its pretty sad and dreary, as a good-bye love song should be. The lyrics are very soft meshes well with the acoustics, for more effect. Also, insanely good live.

10 Years - Beautiful

For an old friend. I have quite the detailed history with her. The song sounds like it was written for her exactly, it's creepy.

Incubus - Wish You Were Here

It has a tropical, beach like feel to the song, and that's exactly what it reminds me of. A nice vacation over the ocean.

T.I. Featuring Rihanna - Live Your Life

Basically the theme of our Senior prom in 2009. What an amazing night.Much fun was had.

Breaking Benjamin - The Diary of Jane

I have this song mesmerized, I've literally played it a thousand times. One of my all time favorites up there with Chevelle's Shameful Metaphors.

The Black Eyed peas - I Gotta Feeling

It's everywhere/mega popular, but it's a great song to play at a dance or a party. It gets everybody up and moving.

Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep

Five For Fighting - Superman (It's Not Easy)

Another all time favorite. This song soothes me, my guess is the heavy piano coupled with John Ondrasniks's voice. I can throw it on at night and drift off. also a tear-jerker.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Breakin' Dishes - Rihanna

I'm generally not a huge Rihanna fan but this is me whenever I hear that song:

Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep
    Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ - Final Fantasy X-2

It's one of my favourite piano pieces from Final Fantasy. I found a version on YouTube that includes a violin and a cello along with the piano and it gives me chills every time I hear it. It's an incredibly soothing song to me and I have drifted to sleep listening to it because of its calming effect on me.

btw, the version I talked about earlier with the violin and cello is called "Morning Glow" for some reason. XD;

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Day 09 - A Song That You Can Dance To

"Macarena" by Los del Rio

"Thriller" by Michael Jackson
    "All Night Long" by Lionel Richie
    "Pokemon Dance Mix" by Vicki Sue Robinson - I'm sure that many songs could fit here, but I suppose these will suffice for now. Once these songs are played, it's like you can't help but to put your body in some form of rhythmical locomotion! I typically don't actually "dance" though... >.< "Macarena" is like classic, being heard since childhood - and the steps to it are pretty easy to grasp, I would think. The lyrics, however, are a different story. A hilarious example from YouTube
    :

wjfsklfjsmljdmgkfngdfsghfdjkgh­zena, EEEEEH MACARENA! :D

-ZarF04
    "Thriller" is another favorite; my favorite part is when the zombies shuffle their feet across the floor and clap. :D It's like you want to dance and kick zombie butt simultaneously!

"All Night Long" just seems to exude sounds that are fitting for a festive occasion. First time I heard this was on a Mountain Dew commercial that aired when I was staying up in the nighttime a few years ago to finish a science project for school. Only after then did I manage to start hearing it on the radio. >_>

And of course, "Pokemon Dance Mix". I haven't actually 'danced' to the song, but it does seem to instill energy in one who listens to it...as if you want to set out on an exhilarating journey as soon as possible! A very wonderful piece that is brimming with excellence. Hearing this in Pokemon movie trailers managed to make this song even more epic, as in a revolutionary event was coming. :]

Day 03 - A song that makes you happy

Rise Against - Audience of One

Very different from the norm of Rise Against. Very upbeat and catchy, and uplifting. Makes you feel like you can do anything. Very powerful lyrics again, vintage Rise Against.

Breaking Benjamin - The Diary of Jane

I have this song mesmerized, I've literally played it a thousand times. One of my all time favorites up there with Chevelle's Shameful Metaphors.

Strange..."Audience of One" makes me feel a bit melancholic when I hear it...especially the "synchronizing watches with the seconds that we lost" lyric. As for "The Diary of Jane", I recognize bits and pieces of the lyrics, but like many other alternative rock songs, I'm more familiar with the tune rather than the lyrics. XD

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep
    Buckethead - Ghost, Pt. 2
    I love music too much to fall asleep during it. I am always listening for details and such. This song is easy to fall asleep to, though, because it's slow, atmospheric, and there isn't too much going on.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Day 10 - A Song That Makes You Fall Asleep

"Evacuating London" and "The Wardrobe" by Harry Gregson-Williams
    - Yet another beautiful set of entries from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (movie). Sometimes, I wish I could just go to sleep on a train that's rushing on train tracks through the wilderness, peacefully wading in a sea of tranquility as I listen to these amazing compositions. Even better, I'd go to sleep on a train that's making its way through a wintry forest toward the wonderment of the land that is Narnia.

Also, blending machines that hum nicely and dryers that purr nicely can induce sleepiness within me. So can certain music played at twilight in car dealerships where the room is a serene blue. XD

OH COME ON FREAKING POKECOMMUNITY CENSORS. You censor Narnia but let effin' Justin B. get through? I smell favoritism. >_>

Last edited:

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • Day 10 - A Song That Makes You Fall Asleep

Avriel Epps - Be Cool.Her voice is so soothing and the lyrics are something good to go to dreams with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back