• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Persona Challenge

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    This looks like one of the best challenges on here so I'm gonna give it a go.

Name: EvasiveManeuver
    Game: Volt White 2
    Arcanas: emperor, priest(ess), death, tower, strength, justice
    Types: electric, water, ghost, rock, fighting, steel

Atmageth

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I am somewhere in the middle of this challenge on blazeblack ~I should be able to finish it soon because I have more time during summer ~ But I want to get three more teams because I plan on doing this on HeartGold, FireRed Omega and Bloody Platinum~ I can hack in any pokemo from first four gens on BloodyPlatinum and HG and I can get anything from first three gens on FireRed Omega~

Name: AoTora
    Game: FireRed Omega
    Types: Grass, Ice, Dragon, Ghost, Normal, Water~

Game: Bloody Platinum

Game: HeartGold

For BloodyPlatinum I'd love to get any of the starters from any gen - simply because I can get it by the lake~

OK your teams are:
    FireRed Omega: Shiftry, Jynx, Flygon, Misdreavus, Zangoose, and Poliwrath
    Bloody Platinum: Sceptile, Glaile, Garchomp, Drifblim, Tauros, and Lanturn
    HeartGold: Victrebel, Mamoswine, Dragonite, Dusclops, Girafarig, and Ludicolo
    I'm in need of a challenge for after I wrap up my Pokemon X final tidbits (IV breeding, item collecting)

Name: Tetiro
    Game: Pokemon X
    Pokemon Available: All 718 (I have every pokemon ready in my PokeBank. Just pick anyone!)
    Arcanas: Death (Ghost), Sun (Dragon), Emperor (Electric), Strength (Fighting), Priestess (Water), Magician (Fire)
    Notes: Would be nice to use my favourite, Dragonite

Once I know my team, I will breed them and start wrapping up so I can start the challenge

OK your team is:
    Drifblim, Dragonite, Manectric (mega if you want), Hawlucha, Sharpedo, and Magcargo

This looks like one of the best challenges on here so I'm gonna give it a go.

Name: EvasiveManeuver
    Game: Volt White 2
    Arcanas: emperor, priest(ess), death, tower, strength, justice
    Types: electric, water, ghost, rock, fighting, steel

ok your team is: Elektross, Kingdra, Banette, Aerodactyl, Lucario, and Bastiodon

Alright everyone, im proud to announce that i can continue my own persona challenge, however i'd like to request a new team. In honor of ORAS I will be doing Emerald this time

Name: Atmageth
    Game: Emerald
    Types: Ghost, Water, Dragon, Grass, Electric, and Normal
    Request: Sceptile is is my favorite and first Pokemon, i'd love to use it as my Grass type

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    Since the Sceptile evolutionary line is one of my three favorites in all of Pokemon, request granted.

I tried to pick varied pokemon that I haven't seen used too many times in this challenge yet and I'm assuming you're not hacking in any pokemon so these are straight from Emerald's pokedex-

Atmageth's team is: Dusclops, Whiscash, Altaria, Sceptile, Magneton, & Linoone

Atmageth

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Since the Sceptile evolutionary line is one of my three favorites in all of Pokemon, request granted.

I tried to pick varied pokemon that I haven't seen used too many times in this challenge yet and I'm assuming you're not hacking in any pokemon so these are straight from Emerald's pokedex-

Atmageth's team is: Dusclops, Whiscash, Altaria, Sceptile, Magneton, & Linoone

Thank you, this team is great, i just have a slight request, Whiscash is a pokemon i've used quite a bit recently, and i've become very bored with it. If i could get a different water type that would be really great (i mean in Hoenn there's no shortage of water types, Crawdaunt would be really great, as ive never used one of those)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Kitred123
    Game: Emerald
    Types: Ghost, Normal, Ice, Fire, Dark, Dragon
    Requests: I can hack in any pokemon up to Gen 3 so feel free to use Gen 1&2 as well

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    Ok Atmageth, you can use Crawdaunt if you want (ironic since I was going to say his counterpart Gen 3 Water/Dark type anyway).

Kit, your team is: Sableye, Wigglytuff, Walrein, Blaziken, Shiftry, & Salamence

Years
  • Ok Atmageth, you can use Crawdaunt if you want (ironic since I was going to say his counterpart Gen 3 Water/Dark type anyway).

Kit, your team is: Sableye, Wigglytuff, Walrein, Blaziken, Shiftry, & Salamence
    Sweet! Is it alright if I hack in a Bagon and Spheal earlier in the game since they aren't available until pretty late in the game? Maybe around like the third and fourth gyms?

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
    Years
  • Doing this for Pokemon Black. My team is as follows, and brilliant idea, props to the maker:
    Toxicroak_PtHGSS.png
    Excadrill_BW.gif
    archeops_spirite_by_bakalava-d3b35a0.gif
    Hydreigon_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d390a7r_4e2464e968b01.gif
    508.png
    Vaporeon.gif

Fighting/Steel/Rock/Dragon/Normal/Water
    I had some really crappy luck as far as type coverage goes, so I did my best with dual typing and whatnot. I would like some feed back on this team so please quote this post and tell me what you think!

Also, I would like to know how one becomes a "ultimate champion"

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd like to join this challange and I came up with these 6 types :)

Name: kirax7
    Games: Blue, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, White 2
    Types: Water, Rock, Dragon, Ghost, Fighting, Grass

Thanks in advance this can't be an ultimate because I don't own neither X or Y at least until OR and AS come out this October :D

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
    Years
  • I'd like to join this challange and I came up with these 6 types :)

Name: kirax7
    Games: Blue, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, White 2
    Types: Water, Rock, Dragon, Ghost, Fighting, Grass

Thanks in advance this can't be an ultimate because I don't own neither X or Y at least until OR and AS come out this October :D

Here is your team for Diamond, if you dont like it tell me and I will change it. I tried to give you some diverse picks that dont get used that often, so you may not see some epic Pokemon like Lucario and Charizard in here:
    Floatzel
    Floatzel_BW.gif
    /Rampardos
    20120628011645!Rampardos_BW.gif
    /Garchomp
    Garchomp_Animation_by_Zee_Garchomp.gif
    /Froslass
    Froslass.gif
    /Gallade
    Gallade_BW.gif
    /Bellossom
    Bellossom_BW.gif
    /

(I know I said I wanted to pick pokemon that arent used that often and I picked Garchomp, but hes just about the only obtainable dragon in Diamond. Although if you want to, import Flygon from ruby. But if its too much trubble, Garchomp it is.)

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
    Years
  • Username: OX Growlithe
    Game: Ruby
    Types: Dragon, Water, Ghost, Normal, Ice, and Rock

All do yours as well. Again, I tried to pick pokemon that werent used very often, and were some diverse picks. Hopefully you enjoy. Heres your team:

Flygon/Sharpedo/Gengar/Wigglytuff/Jynx/Shuckle

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2016
    I've never wiped as often in a Pokemon game as I have in this challenge.

Beating the first two gyms with a Pignite alone was tough, but Colress and Burgh with two slow physical attackers was murderous.

Fortunately, I've made it to where Farfetch'd and Gothita are available, so my team should have a bit of wind in its sails from here on.

Atmageth

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Doing this for Pokemon Black. My team is as follows, and brilliant idea, props to the maker:
    Toxicroak_PtHGSS.png
    Excadrill_BW.gif
    archeops_spirite_by_bakalava-d3b35a0.gif
    Hydreigon_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d390a7r_4e2464e968b01.gif
    508.png
    Vaporeon.gif

Fighting/Steel/Rock/Dragon/Normal/Water
    I had some really crappy luck as far as type coverage goes, so I did my best with dual typing and whatnot. I would like some feed back on this team so please quote this post and tell me what you think!

Also, I would like to know how one becomes a "ultimate champion"

Ok first of all, your team must be made by another member (I took a quick look at past posts and didnt see your name, but i could have missed it), Second an "ultimate champion" is someone who completes an ultimate challenge, doing the persona challenge for a game of every region with different teams.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
    Years
  • Ok first of all, your team must be made by another member (I took a quick look at past posts and didnt see your name, but i could have missed it), Second an "ultimate champion" is someone who completes an ultimate challenge, doing the persona challenge for a game of every region with different teams.

I know. I decided to screw the rules because I have money.

Years
  • So I'll just do a quick update on where I'm at in my run. I just finished with the whole Magma/Aqua storyline so I'm doing some grinding before I challenge Juan. I've been forgetting to post updates as I've been going, whoops... I hacked Bagon into Fiery Path in order to have it for the game, and I also hacked in a Spheal to Meteor Falls. I don't remember Seedot being a 1% chance of encounter in Emerald, so thanks to whoever gave me that and I also didn't realize that you couldn't get Jigglypuff until a decent way through the game, so she's been kind of left in the dust as I don't really want to train her, my team being pretty set before she came around. My movepools for my pokemon right now are... rough to say the least and will definitely need an upgrade before I hit up the E4. So here's my team as of right now.
    Spoiler:

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
    Years
  • Name: or19937
    Game: Light Platinum(gens 1-5)
    Types:
    Flying
    Fighting
    Dragon
    Ghost
    Bug
    Steel/Ground

Years
  • Name: or19937
    Game: Light Platinum(gens 1-5)
    Types:
    Flying
    Fighting
    Dragon
    Ghost
    Bug
    Steel/Ground

Alright so you get...
    Butterfree
    Lucario
    Haxorus
    Dusclops
    Kriketune
    Steelix

I've never played Light Platinum so I'm not sure if all of these are available

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
    Years
  • Alright so you get...
    Butterfree
    Lucario
    Haxorus
    Dusclops
    Kriketune
    Steelix

I've never played Light Platinum so I'm not sure if all of these are available

Haxorus and Steelix aren't available to me. Steelix is only available via in-game trading and it means I can't name it. I want to name all my Pokemon.
    BTW steel/ground means it can be either-or, not necessarilly the primary/secondary types.

Years
  • Haxorus and Steelix aren't available to me. Steelix is only available via in-game trading and it means I can't name it. I want to name all my Pokemon.
    BTW steel/ground means it can be either-or, not necessarilly the primary/secondary types.
    No problem! I'm just using the random generator to generate pokemon of your type, and this time I came up with Flygon and Bronzong. Will these work?

Back